UFC Fight Night 137

Only lock on this card is Elizeu Dos Santos, he will beat up this kid.
I like also Trinaldo.
I woudlnt touch Sergio at this odds, his stand up sucks and Ben might get a decision win keeping the fight on range with kicks. His ground game isnt bad either

Last edited:
Terrible fight card, terrible odds, waiting for bellator odds, maybe there will be something to mix

Terrible fight card, terrible odds, waiting for bellator odds, maybe there will be something to mix

I agree. After some more analysis and digging there has to be a couple potential wagers... This is a juice fest though.

Wow Eryk Anders at dog odds against chinny Santos ? He has a chance to win this !

Not a single top 10 fighter on the card and barely a few top 15

Wow Eryk Anders at dog odds against chinny Santos ? He has a chance to win this !
Did you think he’d be the favorite? He’s beaten absolutely no one. Struggled with Tim Williams

No value at +110

Anders vs Santos is tough. Santos is a much better brawler, Anders more technical. Santos has better ground game. I don't trust either of their cardios for 5 rounds. Anders is in on very short notice, and Santos has never gone 5 rounds and is very explosive, and muscular. I would pick Anders in a 3 round fight, but I think both of them will come out knowing they don't want to go the full 25, and I have to favor Santos in a brawl. Pass on current odds.

Despite his physique, Santos has shown very good cardio at 185. I would expect it to improve if anything now at 205 without the tough weight cut.

Anders cardio hasn't been tested to the same level as Santos, but it's looked fine in going 5 rounds with Machida and 3 rounds with Perez. And again, even though it's short notice, he won't have to cut to 185.

I'm not saying I think this one goes the distance, but I don't think cardio is a major concern for either guy.

Santos is gonna be bigger, faster, better wrestler and striker. The chin is obviously an issue but as said above it might improve with less of a weight cut since he was a huge MW.
Anders has only been beating guys that he's had big athletic advantages over.

I hope you're not basing your read purely off her DWCS performance over an absolute bum that quit. What gives you the impression she has a great ground game? Last we saw it was 2 years ago vs 4-5 atomweight Guimaraes where she was easily taken down and controlled for long stretches. Markos' wrestling/grappling is quite good by wmma standards, she's a lifelong wrestler and used it to beat the likes of Torres, Herrig, Lima, and arguably Grasso.

I admit some assumptions need to be made with only 4 Rodriguez fights vs cans available, but this is no doubt a massive step up in competition from anything she's ever seen. Her range striking isn't great and her upright stance will make TDs easier. She excels in the clinch and is very aggressive there but that just opens more TD opportunities. Once on the mat I think Markos finds the sub, Marina is still a blue belt and fully looked it last time we saw her on her back.
I figured there wouldn't be much tape on her brazil fights but I stand corrected. Watch her fight Viera and Guimaraes, she still impressed me. The way she peels girls head back when they're trying to take her down against the cage and throws elbows is genius. The way Guimaraes held her down at the end of the first was a bit worrysome, but she was threatening with subs off her back and eventually locked up a triangle in the 2nd. Markos usually uses a lot of energy to get the TD and doesn't do much with top position when she finally gets it. This fight is gonna be a close decision like all of Markos fights, but I like Rodriguez as a dog in Brazil.

Santos is gonna be bigger, faster, better wrestler and striker. The chin is obviously an issue but as said above it might improve with less of a weight cut since he was a huge MW.

No way is Santos faster.

BUT...

If Anders is as gunshy as he was vs William's it won't even matter. That said I trust his chin a bit more...

Which UFC fights has Santos displayed any wrestling? I only remember him finishing opponents on the feet, or being taken down and finished by his opponent.

I only remember Anders getting 1-2 TDs against Perez. His other fights have been on the feet.

Duuuuuude just watched this Marina Rodriguez chick, I love her. Someone explain how the fuck she's dog money right now?
Excellent Muay Thai, showed great ground game, made the other girl quit, one of the most lopsided beatdowns ever lol.

Markos has shitty wrestling, Ansaroff was able to use her Muay Thai to keep Markos away, was also able to stuff most of her TD's and get back to her feet when she got taken down.
Just watched that fight. Marina Rodriguez is seriously impressive as a muay thai striker. Like her for a couple units at +100 & +105 vs Randa Markos even tough Randa is "due" for a win based on her long win-loss-win-loss record.

Marina has not fought anyone close to Markos when it comes to wrestling. Yet she has been taken down and controlled. She seems to be the type of fighter who would rather fight off her back than fight to her feet. Could spell disaster

Marina has not fought anyone close to Markos when it comes to wrestling. Yet she has been taken down and controlled. She seems to be the type of fighter who would rather fight off her back than fight to her feet. Could spell disaster
Anyone confident here in Barao ?

Marina bettors seem to be forgetting this is an MMA match, not Muay Thai. Also not accounting for the level of opposition.

I dont think so. By the looks Santos is on the juice and after moving up a weight class the possibility that he is on peds is 99,9%. My monney is on Santos by tko

Back