UFC Fight Night 137

It's not going to be super hot tomorrow in Sao Paolo, but the level of humidity will be high: https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/BRXX0232:1:BR

I'm not sure how, if at all, the high humidity will affect the fighters. It's usually much warmer in Sao Paulo and Rio when the UFC visits.

Is the arena not climate controlled or poorly climate controlled?

Harder to breathe in humid weather which may affect cardio. Also sweatier/slicker skin making submissions a bit more difficult.

Is the arena not climate controlled or poorly climate controlled?

Harder to breathe in humid weather which may affect cardio. Also sweatier/slicker skin making submissions a bit more difficult.
It is always hotter in the arena than outside of it, due to all of the people inside.

By the time UFC starts, it won't be hot outside and will almost be nighttime. That being said, the humidity will still be high, I just don't know if it will bother the fighters the same way it usually does (it's usually really hot and humid, this time it won't be hot but it will be humid). Also, when configuring the time in Sao Paolo, take into account the time in SP is 4 hours ahead of California. So if UFC starts around 3pm in California, it will be 7pm in SP, so you need to look at the weather in SP at 7pm to get the correct temperature and humidity.

Surprised the Santos-Anders line hasn't widebed further

Alvey is just awful. Ive noticed he lacks confidence too if he's on the backfoot from the get go. Nog with the crowd and judges behind him for the DEC for me....

Alvey is just awful. Ive noticed he lacks confidence too if he's on the backfoot from the get go. Nog with the crowd and judges behind him for the DEC for me....
Feeling the Nog livebet after the first, personally. Alvey's KOs in the UFC have either come in the first or not at all with one exception.

Feeling the Nog livebet after the first, personally. Alvey's KOs in the UFC have either come in the first or not at all with one exception.

It's not a bad idea but i want the better odds. Cannot see Alvey getting a KO here

nog by ko at +1500.

this is going to be like nog/schaub all over again.

the line makes no sense. nog looked super durable against bader, obviously had a great performance against cummins, and looked good against rua.

nog by ko at +1500.

this is going to be like nog/schaub all over again.

the line makes no sense. nog looked super durable against bader, obviously had a great performance against cummins, and looked good against rua.
Diet Nog is a very, very old 42. Those fights were 2 or 3 years ago, no doubt he's deteriorated even more since that fight. Against Bader he just looked like an old man being used as a punching bag, doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Alvey also only has 1 ko loss when he was blitzkrieged by a very fast Brunson, something that Nog will have a very hard time replicating. I think Nog will make it to the 3rd round though, probably lose a decision.

opponents-thiago-santos-of-brazil-and-eryk-anders-of-the-united-face-picture-id1037424672

opponents-alex-oliveira-of-brazil-and-carlo-pedersoli-of-italy-face-picture-id1037427074

opponents-sam-alvey-of-the-united-states-and-antonio-rogerio-nogueira-picture-id1037427222

opponents-renan-barao-of-brazil-and-andre-ewell-of-the-united-states-picture-id1037427538

opponents-randa-markos-of-iraq-and-marina-rodriguez-of-brazil-face-picture-id1037427628

opponents-charles-oliveira-of-brazil-and-christos-giagos-of-the-picture-id1037427818

opponents-francisco-trinaldo-of-brazil-and-evan-dunham-of-the-united-picture-id1037428592

opponents-luis-henrique-of-brazil-and-ryan-spann-of-the-united-states-picture-id1037458018

opponents-augusto-sakai-of-brazil-and-chase-sherman-of-the-united-picture-id1037464334

opponents-sergio-moraes-of-brazil-and-ben-saunders-of-the-united-picture-id1037464542

opponents-mayra-bueno-silva-of-brazil-and-gillian-robertson-of-canada-picture-id1037464624

opponents-thales-leites-of-brazil-and-hector-lombard-of-australia-picture-id1037464700

opponents-elizeu-zaleski-dos-santos-of-brazil-and-luigi-vendramini-of-picture-id1037464772

opponents-livinha-souza-of-brazil-and-alex-chambers-of-australia-face-picture-id1037464796

Alvey looks like a joke, I hope Nog knocks out this jerk.
He looks like someone who was never in a gym.

Took the under 1.5 for Zaleski/Luigi and Chambers/Souza at -105 and -108 to win 1.5u each respectively. Think Luigi is very much in over his head even though he doesn't look half bad on tape, Zaleski would murder those guys too. Like I said before Chambers is a nice lady but shes very likely to get choked out quick here. I think it happens fast.

Trinaldo -170 5d now, got a 1u bet on Dunham +235 before I heard it was his retirement fight, switching over to Trinaldo if his price improves that much on my books

thoughts about overs 1.5 this two fights: Henrique/Spann and Anders/Marreta?

i'm tempted to join the randa circle jerk...anybody have a video of marina's other recent fights vs samara santos or natalia silva?

Anyone have links to any tape on Mayra Bueno Silva other than the contender series and Taygma fights?

thoughts about overs 1.5 this two fights: Henrique/Spann and Anders/Marreta?

Henrique has a bad chin, is moving down to LHW, and Spann can easily KO him. Wouldn't bother with that one.

I'm kinda into Santos/Anders over. Santos is going to be the much better fighter, but Anders may be tough to put away that fast.

Edit-- that said if you want to bet on Henrique to win I believe o1.5 is much better value than +125 on his ML bc his finish is not very likely

Last edited:
Back