UFC Fight Night 137 - Official Predictions thread

I wish more people posted on normal threads like this.Unfortunately most of Sherdog posts in the what someone said on twitter,GOAT,prime vs prime and of course the Khabib/Conor threads that currently make up 80% of the heavies.

53984-1443007.png

Usually I have more round 2's but Santos,Oliveira,Do Bronx,Spann,Lombard and Zaleski are all fast starters.I have no faith in Nog's chin, Sakai starts a little slow'ish but Sherman's been ko'd in the first a few times + HW power.Every card is different,but statistically I get more points picking 1st round finishes.My real picks will be on my picks locked in order of confidence below.I also have finishes in some fights that I slightly lean toward decision on, simply because of the points factor (75 dec 100 perfect) and again my picks below reflect that.

There's some roll the dice fights on here.Not that most fights in this unpredictable sport aren't rolling the dice.
  • Randa Markos vs Marina Rodriguez
  • Evan Dunham vs Fransicso Trinaldo
  • Marya Bueno Silva vs Gillian Robertson
  • Thales Leites vs Hector Lombard

My picks in order of confidence and real method/round picks
14-Livia Renata Souza-Sub-1
13-Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos-KO-2
12-Charles Oliveira-Sub-1
11-Alex Oliveira-Sub-2
10-Sam Alvey-KO-2
9-Augusto Sakai-KO-3
8-Renan Barao-Dec
7-Ryan Spann-KO-2
6-Sergio Moraes-Dec
5-Thiago Santos-KO-1
4-Fransicso Trinaldo-Dec
3-Randa Markos-Dec
2-Gillian Robertson-Sub-2
1-Hector Lombard-Dec

I don't like my locks but it's generally hard to like your locks with most events having a ton of close ones.Events like last weekend were pretty damn easy to lock.

Here's the card to copy and paste for picks.For future reference TS you should always post the fight card so people can just paste it,so add this to OP if you see it.

Eryk Anders vs Thiago Santos (5x5)
Alex Oliveira vs Carlo Pedersoli
Sam Alvey vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Renan Barao vs Andre Ewell
Randa Markos vs Marina Rodriguez
Charles Oliveira vs Christos Giagos
Evan Dunham vs Fransicso Trinaldo
Luis Henrique vs Ryan Spann
Chase Sherman vs Augusto Sakai
Ben Saunders vs Sergio Moraes
Marya Bueno Silva vs Gillian Robertson
Thales Leites vs Hector Lombard
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs Luigi Vendramini
Alex Chambers vs Livia Renata Souza

Last edited:
@Arm Barbarian care to post some predictions up in this mf? You’re one of my favorite posters here since your gif game is probably the strongest that Sherdog has seen AND you aren’t an idiot which automatically springs you up over the majority of posters

<[analyzed}>

Also, in case you are not interested in becoming the next Nostra-Champ of the World...

original.gif

haha, thanks for the kind words, but I am almost Chael-like with my fight predictions, so never trust me to pick fights correctly brother. lol

I wish more people posted on normal threads like this.

For future reference TS you should always post the fight card so people can just paste it,so add this to OP if you see it.

Yes! Just yesterday I scrolled the first page of threads and like 90% were about Conor, not even kidding. I get it, he is the most popular fighter and the upcoming fight is the biggest thing now. Still, it’s kind of sad.

Thanks for the advice, I added the list of fights in the first post and I’ll be doing it from now on. Great picks as well as some insight on the picks. I tend to pick more 1st round finishes too. Some fighters are fast starters and as they’re fresh they’re the most dangerous. Styles make fights, of course.

Cheers and best of luck!

Yes! Just yesterday I scrolled the first page of threads and like 90% were about Conor, not even kidding. I get it, he is the most popular fighter and the upcoming fight is the biggest thing now. Still, it’s kind of sad.

Thanks for the advice, I added the list of fights in the first post and I’ll be doing it from now on. Great picks as well as some insight on the picks. I tend to pick more 1st round finishes too. Some fighters are fast starters and as they’re fresh they’re the most dangerous. Styles make fights, of course.

Cheers and best of luck!

You should check this out if you like making picks,it's pretty fun.I have been doing fantasy league mma in different places for idk 10-15 years.There's a team grand prix starting November 4th iirc and a free agent thread somewhere.You put in picks each event and fight toward a "JFF" title.It's free and just for fun.

http://forum.mmajunkie.com/forum/forums/junkie-fantasy-fighting.8/

Well, you didn’t see it for the ”pudgy russian” either (against Arlovski).

l@nd0

I agree that Nog shouldn’t be in there anymore and that’s why I picked Alvey in my predictions.

Meh nobody won that fight really
I just liked arlovski as a dog more than him actually being a lock

I'll be honest @Spath , I don't know who the fook most of the fighters on this card are, so I'm just going off gut-feeling on most of these picks
<6>

53984-1487223.png

@VVarhead @ChaelSonnen @Kumason it seems the results are in and it was close!

I got 10/14, 3 perfect. VVarhead 9/14, 4 perfect, Chael 10/14, 0 perfect and Kuma 9/14, 1 perfect.

I guess I defended my title last night?

<DC-Champ><GrassoBless>

I got 10/14, 3 perfect. VVarhead 9/14, 4 perfect, Chael 10/14, 0 perfect and Kuma 9/14, 1 perfect.

<DC-Champ><GrassoBless>

Well played, sir. That Sherman pick fucked me up, you were right. But I just love the guy.

I was very impressed by Elizeu Zaleski and Trinaldo, amazing performances.

Lombard will win

Saunders will lose

Anders will win

Nogueira will lose

That's all you need to know folks
Well, these didn’t go your way. Feel free to drop by the prediction threads anytime, though!

<13>

Edit. Except Saunders losing. He got tooled on the ground!

<DC-Champ><GrassoBless>

Yeah my picks were off last night =/ and I lost my #1 contender fight in my fantasy league 137-135 ...but the event was awesome so it was fun.

I'm not making another gif for @Spath lmao

You guys SUCK!
<DC-Champ><NewGina>

I’m like the Mighty Mouse of Sherdog predictions. Dominating, but no one gives a shit because there’s no real challenge! I blame my challengers..

<{hughesimpress}>

Back