UFC Fight Night 136: Hunt vs. Oleynik PBP Discussion Thread - 10:30am ET/7:30am PT/3:30pm UK

I feel Blach is better on the ground. Anyways, I think they’ll mix it up.
I guess the feeling was correct in this one. Krylov jumped the gun with a couple sub attempts against a legit black belt and got destroyed for it.

<mma4>

Was cheering for Hunt, but it's basically impossible to dislike Oleynik so respect to him for a good win.

NOTE: Russians / ex Soviets are 10-2 in this UFC event.
logo.png

But how it can be 10-2 if Yandiev, Krylov and Arlovski lost?
Yandiev and Krylov are the -2

Arlovski is a Belorussian living in the US who lost to RUSSIAN Abdurakhimov so it counts as a win. If you don't want to count that fight as it's an ex-Soviet vs an ex-Soviet then it's 9-2. Though you could also disregard Blachowicz vs Krylov as it's Slav vs Slav, making it 8-1.

Bottom line: Eastern Europe smoked the rest of the world.
The Squatting Slavs are coming to get you! :D

Yandiev and Krylov are the -2

Arlovski is a Belorussian living in the US who lost to RUSSIAN Abdurakhimov so it counts as a win. If you don't want to count that fight as it's an ex-Soviet vs an ex-Soviet then it's 9-2. Though you could also disregard Blachowicz vs Krylov as it's Slav vs Slav, making it 8-1.

Bottom line: Eastern Europe smoked the rest of the world.
The Squatting Slavs are coming to get you! :D
I would count it different but whatever. I think Dvalishvili lives in US, Taisumov in Austria and Oliynyk in US too.

Dvalashvili is as Georgian a surname as it gets. I've just spent 2-3 weeks backpacking in Georgia and believe me, those guys do NOT consider themselves to be Russian; Russians do not consider them to be Russian and they are NOT Russian.

Lmao I just now watched the fight, Herb Dean was like:

Grave-838961.jpg

“CB, if you don’t get your mark ass up I’m finna stop this fight punk.”
"If you can't get to your stool CB imma gonna stop it"

CB:
tenor.gif

Caught the card post slave day - excellent event, full of energy and good scraps.

Sad I missed the pbp.

Dvalashvili is as Georgian a surname as it gets. I've just spent 2-3 weeks backpacking in Georgia and believe me, those guys do NOT consider themselves to be Russian; Russians do not consider them to be Russian and they are NOT Russian.
That’s correct. However there’s plenty of Russian citizens of Georgian origin

Back