PBP UFC Fight Night 134: Shogun vs. Smith - PBP Discussion - 10:30am ET/7:30am PT/3:30pm UK

DC might never cut back down to LHW. DC's seems like he knows exactly what he wants to do and that is take a retirement fight with Brock and leave on top. He's never going to fight this guy even if he'd crush him
Best way to go out...

Looks like age and USADA finally caught up with Shogun.

52EF0Q4.gif
What the fuck is that?

Haha, nah, he won't call out Smith cause it won't sell. DC is being a hypocrite... talks shit about Jones, but calls out Brock who is an even worst cheat lol

Or is he a 40 year old man who has nothing left to accomplish since Jones is banned from the sport and would just like to get paid?

People need to stop being nostalgic about certain fighters Shogun being one, he's not the same Pride fighter and his current skill set is very limited against this New Breed...

The new breed isn’t very good. He’s just an old fighter taking on a younger KO artist. Not really anything to do with old school vs new school.

Also, in the fight game, it tends to be beneficial to be the less shopworn individual. So in theory, it should be better to be the young guy vs the old guy as opposed to the opposite.

That was depressing.

I can't believe this guy who just recently got knocked out by Thiago Santos and got his ass beat by Hector Lombard for two and a half rounds is all of a sudden this "legend killer".

Not his fault they gave him favorable matchups

Im sure not cutting to 185 helps too. Lets not bash another young guy for beating our fav legends, dudes gotta make his way up somehow

you realize these guys fight for money also right?

all this "he should retire stuf" = vitor needs to retire, machida needs to retire, glover needs to retire, werdum, shogun and others
these guys need some paychecks even if they are getting ktfo
they have families and they need to think about the next 30 years without fighting
Did you not see how he got KO'd? There is plenty of things he can do in this sport for the next 30 years that doesn't require going into the Octagon.

Anthony Smith was one of the best prospects around before this fight. Even though Shogun is one of my favorites, there was no doubt in my mind he could have put Shogun away. Shogun is just too aged at this point to take on the big strong younger guys of this generation. He's completely done as a champion. I really respect what he's done for MMA, but it's starting to get hard to watch.

Looks like age and USADA finally caught up with Shogun.

he was on a four fight win streak - he really wasn't as over the hill as nog or crocop when they were being hunted. shogun was still a dangerous fighter but sometimes his chin works against him. he can take so much punishment where he's just wobbling aorund with his hands down, its scary to see

Or is he a 40 year old man who has nothing left to accomplish since Jones is banned from the sport and would just like to get paid?

How about defend titles vs worthy competitors like every other “great” has done?

DC is an amazing fighter, but, he is a massive hypocrite. Almost as big as @Arm Barbarian

What the fuck is that?
A crazy Japanese man letting a much bigger Japanese man piledrive him into a bed of nails.

Not sure which one got the worse deal... Ass or head?

Not his fault they gave him favorable matchups

Im sure not cutting to 185 helps too. Lets not bash another young guy for beating our fav legends, dudes gotta make his way up somehow

I'm not bashing, he's already calling out the #1 guy.

he was on a four fight win streak - he really wasn't as over the hill as nog or crocop when they were being hunted. shogun was still a dangerous fighter but sometimes his chin works against him. he can take so much punishment where he's just wobbling aorund with his hands down, its scary to see

Mirko is on an 8 fight win streak and has looked better than he did in probably his entire UFC career.

Man... Which one of you did this?

Screenshot_20180722-232020.png

How about defend titles vs worthy competitors like every other “great” has done?

DC is an amazing fighter, but, he is a massive hypocrite. Almost as big as @Arm Barbarian

IF you want someone to blame, blame Dana and WME

He makes WAY more money fighting a guy who isn't good than he would fighting one of the best guys in the world. not his fault that's how the sport works

Cormier.... damn, i just remember when he tooled dan henderson (tossed him around like a kid) and then basically mercy killed Anderson... the LHW is a three fighter division: cormier, jones, gustf/rumble hybrid. no other LHWs matter until cormier retires

Back