UFC fans the new Hooligans?

I agree that MMA fans can be quite annoying and unlike a lot of other sports they come in many variaties of annoyance.

Die hard MMA Nerds, think they are too cool to be fans of other sports.

Bjj nerds, always talking about how crappy bjj in MMA is and how if fighter X would have just done X technique correctly or use Y variation instead he could have won the fight.

Boxing/KB/MT fans/fighters, always talking about the low level of striking in MMA and how if fighter X stepped into the ammy ring against a real striker they would get smoked.

Tapout/affliction Bros, no explanation needed.

Jocks/former jocks, always critiquing "athletic levels" in MMA or talking about how they could crush lower weight classes in a street scrap

Body builders, always critiquing physiques as if that has some kind of bearing on fighting ability.

The list goes on and on really.

I am actually guilty a bit of this. Since I started boxing I started watching the sport more in detail and become elitist in striking. For me the striking in MT and KB is even not good enough and would not watch to be honest, because I know I will see a lot of technique and movement that is not as good as in boxing and it will annoy me. And when I watch MMA I just facepalm...

I am actually guilty a bit of this. Since I started boxing I started watching the sport more in detail and become elitist in striking. For me the striking in MT and KB is even not good enough and would not watch to be honest, because I know I will see a lot of technique and movement that is not as good as in boxing and it will annoy me. And when I watch MMA I just facepalm...
Well there is no denying that the level of any individual skill in MMA is considerably lower than the skill level of the individul art itself. That's not even up for discussion as far as I'm concerned.

But if you are an actual fan of MMA you know that it's been proven time and time again that just because you can box well under boxing rules, or wrestle well under wrestling rules doesn't mean you can't have your ass handed to you by a lesser boxer or lesser wreslter under MMA rules.

There's a certain level of chaos that's present under MMA rules that isn't present under more limited rule sets and some fighter adapt to that better/faster than others.

I also think it's a coaching issue. There are a lot of drills and skills that are specific to freestyle fighting that a lot of people don't work.

I certainly agree with that. It just looks bad aesthetically. For example Volkov vs Lewis. This was such a bullshit knock out. Volkov was so sloppy to get knocked out in this lame way. I literally got angry on how stupid this was, while every commentator was raging what a KO it was... I was like what the.fuck did I just watch?

No, my friend, the football context is already over.

MMA does not have fanatical people because the fighters do not stay long fighter to create crazy fans.

This fight is usually related to the other fighter offending the opponent's team, family or religion.

No it's not.

im not saying it originated in America. Just that it has been in America since its very early days and is very much apart of american culture and a american sport and has been common place in the US for 100's of years, where as muay thai has not.

im not saying it originated in America. Just that it has been in America since its very early days and is very much apart of american culture and a american sport and has been common place in the US for 100's of years, where as muay thai has not.

I know where you're coming from, but when you say "boxing is American" that's just not correct ;)

Otherwise we might as well say Baseball is Japanese because it's popular there.

I know where you're coming from, but when you say "boxing is American" that's just not correct ;)

Otherwise we might as well say Baseball is Japanese because it's popular there.

Back