UFC fans the new Hooligans?

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What do you guys think? will the fans of UFC eventually elevate to Hooligan level like in soccer? I am picturing this happening quite possible.

Nothing but losers in that video.

The combat sports community in general can be annoying. I think a lot of them are insecure, fighters and fans included. There are only a couple I can stomach listening too for more than 5 minutes.

I really like listening to old timers like Rickson Gracie, and Bruce Lee.

Tony Ferguson and GSP are cool too from today's roster. They drop gems. I've never met fans of theirs that annoy me. Ferguson's fans are usually 10th Planet guys who are super laid back. GSP fans are usually older and more mature.

Certain fighters attract a certain crowd. Some of them act like hooligans.

I'd have to say no. There's many cities in the UK that have rivalries with other cities through football sure, but that would be like US states wanting to fight other states other their home town fighter. MMA is not that mainstream yet.

tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just waiting for that big crowd to charge and swamp that smaller group. I was disappointed.

Remember a lot of fans traveled to see this event.

The combat sports community in general can be annoying. I think a lot of them are insecure, fighters and fans included. There are only a couple I can stomach listening too for more than 5 minutes.

I really like listening to old timers like Rickson Gracie, and Bruce Lee.

Tony Ferguson and GSP are cool too from today's roster. They drop gems. I've never met fans of theirs that annoy me. Ferguson's fans are usually 10th Planet guys who are super laid back. GSP fans are usually older and more mature.

Certain fighters attract a certain crowd. Some of them act like hooligans.

Generally speaking, my thoughts on fans from the different sports

boxing, muay thai, and mma fighters are athletes.

muay thai fans tend to be martial artists, as the sport is so small, and not popular or mainstream, so the only people that are actually interested in watching it, are generally people that also practice it, that may or may not fight. I havent seen all out fights yet with fans yet, but i have seen it get close. There is a huge element of respect in the sport/culture of muay thai, similar to traditional martial arts, although not as "strong" as traditional martial arts, the respect is still there in the sport.

Boxing fans tend to be people that practice boxing, and also people that just like the sport, boxing is American so it is main stream and because of that, it draws fans to the sport outside of people that practice it or like it but dont fight, so you get martial artists, fans, fighters, celebrities, etc.

MMA is mainstream and it is also american, it also is or was the "cool thing" to do, which breeded a whole tough guy culture and clothing fashion among the fans (tap out bros in bandanas). Generally speaking MMA fans are not fighters or martial artists. They are just regular people, but it tends to attract alot of meat head douchebag tuff guys that are more concerned about winning a bar fight or "real" fight, ill fuck you up bro, i train UFC type guys. Becuae MMA is main stream it appeals to "the idiots of the world" hence mcgregors popularity for all his trash talking and antics, its become a reality show. I dont think someone who act like Mcgregor would make it far in the muay thai world. Your typical MMA douche are the type of people so stupid they thought Mcgregor could beat mayweather. I knew one of the guys who started the affliction brand when I was in my early 20's, he was probably in his 30s at the time. He tried to pick a fight with a gay kid at the gym that was about 20 years old or so.

The woman that started the ole chant somehow annoyed me the most

Generally speaking, my thoughts on fans from the different sports

boxing, muay thai, and mma fighters are athletes.

muay thai fans tend to be martial artists, as the sport is so small, and not popular or mainstream, so the only people that are actually interested in watching it, are generally people that also practice it, that may or may not fight. I havent seen all out fights yet with fans yet, but i have seen it get close. There is a huge element of respect in the sport/culture of muay thai, similar to traditional martial arts, although not as "strong" as traditional martial arts, the respect is still there in the sport.

Boxing fans tend to be people that practice boxing, and also people that just like the sport, boxing is American so it is main stream and because of that, it draws fans to the sport outside of people that practice it or like it but dont fight, so you get martial artists, fans, fighters, celebrities, etc.

MMA is mainstream and it is also american, it also is or was the "cool thing" to do, which breeded a whole tough guy culture and clothing fashion among the fans (tap out bros in bandanas). Generally speaking MMA fans are not fighters or martial artists. They are just regular people, but it tends to attract alot of meat head douchebag tuff guys that are more concerned about winning a bar fight or "real" fight, ill fuck you up bro, i train UFC type guys. Becuae MMA is main stream it appeals to "the idiots of the world" hence mcgregors popularity for all his trash talking and antics, its become a reality show. I dont think someone who act like Mcgregor would make it far in the muay thai world. Your typical MMA douche are the type of people so stupid they thought Mcgregor could beat mayweather. I knew one of the guys who started the affliction brand when I was in my early 20's, he was probably in his 30s at the time. He tried to pick a fight with a gay kid at the gym that was about 20 years old or so.

Lol some of the fans I've come across fit that description perfectly. It is or was the fad thing to do (MMA). Even with the clothing. I don't generally wear a piece of clothing unless I feel I've earned the right which usually involves me putting time into or competing in that system. That is simply out of respect. There are still t shirts I've yet to don because I think I have to prove myself more.

A lot of guys wore the "Tapout" clothing line with the extra short sleeves to impress people. The purpose was for the attention, and be on the "winning team". In order to get attention you have to be high visibility so they'd usually be the loudest in public or seemingly the most rude. A lot of times they're the most uneducated as well.

Common thing I hear all the time: "Oh he boxes? I'll just take him to the ground."...… Firstly, takedowns aren't as easy to pull off as people think. That's against ordinary people who are in reasonably good shape let alone boxers who work footwork, pivots, and angles quite often. Secondly, what makes you assume that he "only knows boxing"? They are simply regurgitating what has been told to them most often without any sufficient first hand experience.

Every MT fan I've ever met either does MT or is prepping to do MT. They are usually super laid back, and open minded.

Boxing fans are hit or miss. The ones that do box, usually adopt the culture of the gym they go to. However, at least when they're rude it is usually founded in having some valid points. The delivery might have just been abrasive.

I agree with your points.

Lol some of the fans I've come across fit that description perfectly. It is or was the fad thing to do (MMA). Even with the clothing. I don't generally wear a piece of clothing unless I feel I've earned the right which usually involves me putting time into or competing in that system. That is simply out of respect. There are still t shirts I've yet to don because I think I have to prove myself more.

A lot of guys wore the "Tapout" clothing line with the extra short sleeves to impress people. The purpose was for the attention, and be on the "winning team". In order to get attention you have to be high visibility so they'd usually be the loudest in public or seemingly the most rude. A lot of times they're the most uneducated as well.

Common thing I hear all the time: "Oh he boxes? I'll just take him to the ground."...… Firstly, takedowns aren't as easy to pull off as people think. That's against ordinary people who are in reasonably good shape let alone boxers who work footwork, pivots, and angles quite often. Secondly, what makes you assume that he "only knows boxing"? They are simply regurgitating what has been told to them most often without any sufficient first hand experience.

Every MT fan I've ever met either does MT or is prepping to do MT. They are usually super laid back, and open minded.

Boxing fans are hit or miss. The ones that do box, usually adopt the culture of the gym they go to. However, at least when they're rude it is usually founded in having some valid points. The delivery might have just been abrasive.

I agree with your points.

I can classify myself as a MMA hater (one thing myself and the boxing community seem to have in common). I have been doing muay thai before MMA came out, I viewed training MMA as a backstab to MT. MMA quickly overtook MT, and no one wants pure MT, they want MT for MMA. I think you will find that most MT guys are not fans of MMA. I am friends with many MMA fighters both pro and amateur, I train with them, etc. I am just not a fan of the sport and have zero interest in competing in it. I will do lethwei before I do MT. I can say that I think.........I would like to give lethwei a shot if I get the chance. I like it, but it is very brutal, the element of fear etc to fight in that has got to be insane. also my reference to the affliction creators actions of a grown man trying to start a fight with a gay kid speaks volumes in regards to douchebag behavior. He got mad the gay kid was trying to sweep him during MT clinch training and was all "like wassup bro I know BJJ to wassup!" that instant amongst many others made my opinion of him as douchebag meat head wanna be tuff guy. Grown men fighting kids isnt cool. Grown men fighting gay kids isnt cool.

I can classify myself as a MMA hater (one thing myself and the boxing community seem to have in common). I have been doing muay thai before MMA came out, I viewed training MMA as a backstab to MT. MMA quickly overtook MT, and no one wants pure MT, they want MT for MMA. I think you will find that most MT guys are not fans of MMA. I am friends with many MMA fighters both pro and amateur, I train with them, etc. I am just not a fan of the sport and have zero interest in competing in it. I will do lethwei before I do MT. I can say that I think.........I would like to give lethwei a shot if I get the chance. I like it, but it is very brutal, the element of fear etc to fight in that has got to be insane. also my reference to the affliction creators actions of a grown man trying to start a fight with a gay kid speaks volumes in regards to douchebag behavior. He got mad the gay kid was trying to sweep him during MT clinch training and was all "like wassup bro I know BJJ to wassup!" that instant amongst many others made my opinion of him as douchebag meat head wanna be tuff guy. Grown men fighting kids isnt cool. Grown men fighting gay kids isnt cool.
Mma is simply mixed martial arts though. What's wrong with wanting to be a more complete fighter?

Mma is simply mixed martial arts though. What's wrong with wanting to be a more complete fighter?

nothing is wrong with that.

I cross train boxing to be more well rounded, so you could say I am practicing MMA if you want.

UFC is not MMA.

Dog brothers fights are MMA, although your average UFC bro would not agree.

nothing is wrong with that.

I cross train boxing to be more well rounded, so you could say I am practicing MMA if you want.

UFC is not MMA.

Dog brothers fights are MMA, although your average UFC bro would not agree.
So you're equating ufc with drunks and wannabe tough guy types like in the video? I don't know man. I think you're always going to have those types in any sport.

Last week I watched a vid of a guy getting beaten to death at a soccer match in some thirld world country because he was a fan of the wrong team (maybe there was more to it, I don't know tbh).

I never heard of dog bro fights until now. Will check out later.

So you're equating ufc with drunks and wannabe tough guy types like in the video? I don't know man. I think you're always going to have those types in any sport.

Last week I watched a vid of a guy getting beaten to death at a soccer match in some thirld world country because he was a fan of the wrong team (maybe there was more to it, I don't know tbh).

I never heard of dog bro fights until now. Will check out later.

yes, that is the entire point of this whole thread.

not sure where your from or if you are aware, but these crazy soccer fans are known as hooligans.

And yes UFC fans seem to be slowly becoming hooligans.

Obviously it is a generalization, and I previously made the comparison of the different types of fans, alot of UFC fans tend to be douchebags. MMA douchebag culture, it autopopulates in your search bar when you google it.

perhaps my previous posts should have been better worded by replacing MMA with UFC

MMA is not UFC, MMA is mixed martial arts.

This is MMA as well

theres 2 reasons I dont like MMA/UFC. One is I am just not a fan of the sport, in the same manner as some like baseball but dont like boxing. I am not a fan of the sport of MMA.

the other reason I dont like MMA is the entire douchebag culture that goes with it.

MV5BMTc4OTQ2MjQ0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODEwMTc4Mw@@._V1_.jpg

I live in the 909, which is where the bro originated, these guys think they are gangsters

fakebro-757194.jpg

Last edited:
yes, that is the entire point of this whole thread.

not sure where your from or if you are aware, but these crazy soccer fans are known as hooligans.

And yes UFC fans seem to be slowly becoming hooligans.

Obviously it is a generalization, and I previously made the comparison of the different types of fans, alot of UFC fans tend to be douchebags. MMA douchebag culture, it autopopulates in your search bar when you google it.

perhaps my previous posts should have been better worded by replacing MMA with UFC

MMA is not UFC, MMA is mixed martial arts.

This is MMA as well

I think you find those douchebag bro types in just about every major sport.. Mix testosterone and alcohol and you get this:

I'm from the 949 in south oc. I work in LA sometimes.

Yeah, I have also noticed that guys who wear Tapout shirts tend to be fat.

Back