UFC fans super fickle? Cody and TJ

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So before TJ fought Cody people tended to make fun of TJ and supported Cody for the most part. I'm sure we can pull up many threads to prove this point. Any thread on TJ was mostly just a bunch of snake jokes and mostly negativity towards him. Now after TJ won vs Cody the script has flipped and now you mostly find support for TJ and a bunch of negativity towards Cody. Is this simply because TJ won that fight and Cody lost? Are UFC fans really this fickle or is this an isolated case?

In my personal opinion, MMA fans are the most "I knew it the whole time" fans of any sport.

American football fans are pretty bad about it as well from what I can tell. Basketball fans seem to be just absolutely sour or on top of the world.

But MMA is the only sport I follow religiously.

Partially isolated I think people realized how much of a retard Garbrandt is, especially on Tuf 25. People never warmed to Tj that much but I never understood why people liked Garbrandt

So before TJ fought Cody people tended to make fun of TJ and supported Cody for the most part. I'm sure we can pull up many threads to prove this point. Any thread on TJ was mostly just a bunch of snake jokes and mostly negativity towards him. Now after TJ won vs Cody the script has flipped and now you mostly find support for TJ and a bunch of negativity towards Cody. Is this simply because TJ won that fight and Cody lost? Are UFC fans really this fickle or is this an isolated case?

Yeah, TJ’s life long fans came out the woodwork after that KO..

Pretty childish how “fans” will flip flop like that

Yeah, TJ’s life long fans came out the woodwork after that KO..

Pretty childish how then fans will flip flop like that

True. I like both fighters. It's just kind of weird to see how Sherdog flips after one fight.

DC is another great example. People shat on him every chance they got until his last fight and now that he is signed to fight Stipe most everyone sings his praises.

True. I like both fighters. It's just kind of weird to see how Sherdog flips after one fight.

DC is another great example. People shat on him every chance they got until his last fight and now that he is signed to fight Stipe most everyone sings his praises.

I went in that “TJ clowns Garbrandt on Twitter” and left after reading about 3 posts. I don’t know why it annoys me so much haha I guess it’s because I’ve always liked TJ, and I watched this forum and the Internet parrot mcgregors snake in the grass insult too, but now they’re on his nads..

i liked both guys and didnt mind who won, ive just been turned off by codys attitude lately like the whole van damme bullshit and how hes talking trash acting like a child

I feel my IQ drop listening to either of those goofs.

MMA seems to have alot of bandwagon fans that's for damn sure. Probably due to the fact it's an individual team sport and not team represented and no playoff season to jump on a bandwagon in.

Biggest bandwagon fans I can EVER remember of any sport were probably seahawks "fans", holy fuck did people jump off that bandwagon FAST. I went from hearing and seeing about fucking seahawks everywhere and I live in a fairly small town in canada, to hearing people saying they sucked.

I couldn't imagine the fake fans and stupidity elsewhere.

Sherdog and fandom in general tends to be pretty surface level. Look at how people turned on N'Gannou after his loss. They went from riding his jock for KOing Arlovski and Overeem who are two of the chinniest fighters in the division, to acting like he has the skillset and ability of CM Punk for having the audacity of losing to Stipe. Losing by decision no less, unlike everyone else who Stipe has fought since touching gold. I think it's classic projection, they feel stupid for thinking he'd win so they shit on the fighter for losing.

Honestly I think it's gross.

I've always made fun of necktats, and I've always wanted TJ to cave his head in.

A case of the lesser of two evils. Cody vs anyone will make you a fan of the other guy. And when the whole snake thing went down you had long time fan favorites Cruz and Faber going at TJ, of course fans back the guys they like.

Well I know I'm not one of those turncoats , if you look through my post history , I've been a fan of TJ for a long time the only time I would prefer he lost was against Barao and if he face off against MM .
Guy is a hell of a fighter , improves from fight to fight , well rounded and always looks for the finish .

I went in that “TJ clowns Garbrandt on Twitter” and left after reading about 3 posts. I don’t know why it annoys me so much haha I guess it’s because I’ve always liked TJ, and I watched this forum and the Internet parrot mcgregors snake in the grass insult too, but now they’re on his nads..
With all due respect to TJ
Hes still a snake in the grass
Got triggered yet?
No?, okay heres one more
McGregor was right, TJ indeed is a snake in the grass

With all due respect to TJ
Hes still a snake in the grass
Got triggered yet?
No?, okay heres one more
McGregor was right, TJ indeed is a snake in the grass

So Luke Rockhold is too? How about Robbie Lawler who recently left Att, and Woodley did too?

yNoN8nW.gif

So Luke Rockhold is too? How about Robbie Lawler who recently left Att, and Woodley did too?
Wasnt actually expecting you to get triggered but it did it lol
TJ was hundred percent right in his decision making and his last few fights proved it. Hes one of the smartest minds out there in the game and theres no doubt about that. That being said, hes still a snake in the grass.

Wasnt actually expecting you to get triggered but it did it lol
TJ was hundred percent right in his decision making and his last few fights proved it. Hes one of the smartest minds out there in the game and theres no doubt about that. That being said, hes still a snake in the grass.
Youre an idiot

Back