UFC = ET on life support

Drunken Blindness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Srs. No denying it now. Worst state it's ever been in. Dana is crap. Clearly it was the titi bros who knew what's up. It's business, shouldn't be shocked.

RIP in peace

Et+et+go+home_44bf05_4180046.jpg

It isn't surprising

I said this years ago and was laughed at
Sport has already peaked
And it will always be a niche sport
And WME are clueless

Zuffa pretty much scammed WME

WME will add more divisons
More cards

And that doesn't help the sport grow
Because zuffa have been doing this for the last Few years

5 cards in a row
50 fights
And about only 5 decent fights out of 50
Watered down cards
Focusing too much on the us and still mma isn't that popular

It isn't surprising

Sport has already peaked
And WME are clueless

Sucks for investors srs

Doesn't look good

Dana is like one of those lame duck CEO's now. Flying around in private jets, buying mansions, etc etc...so they better hire a Dana replacement quickly.

They also don't pay nearly enough money to the fighters. In return UFC for the most part gets the bottom of the barrel when it comes to professional athletes.

The only way to fix it is hire a real PR firm that has no skin. People like Dana will be given walking papers regardless of their contracts. Many people will come and go until eventually the UFC is a stable platform.

Doesn't look good

Dana is like one of those lame duck CEO's now. Flying around in private jets, buying mansions, etc etc...so they better hire a Dana replacement quickly.

They also don't pay nearly enough money to the fighters. In return UFC for the most part gets the bottom of the barrel when it comes to professional athletes.

The only way to fix it is hire a real PR firm that has no skin. People like Dana will be given walking papers regardless of their contracts. Many people will come and go until eventually the UFC is a stable platform.
To be honest, I thought Dana would have gone with Loreno but he didn't.

I do see him going within a year, reason why he doesn't mind having Floyd/Conor (which doesn't benefit the ufc at all) because he knows that he's done so why not make some easy money before he does leave.

Doesn't look good

In terms of investing I want a balance between pay to athletes and income and public perception. The UFC has none. Cards are getting worse, no secondary income and TV contracts that can be canceled. Horrible investment.

Sad times.

Get rid of the women's divisions and the flyweights and maybe me and my buddies will start paying for the cards. Also fuck all these interim belts it's a disgrace.

Why aren't the good fighters on the roster fighting? Why are the cards so bad with a roster so full? Is the UFC really dead? Who am I talking to?

It isn't surprising

Sport has already peaked
And WME are clueless

WME will add more divisons
More cards

And that doesn't help the sport grow
Because zuffa have been doing this for the last Few years

5 cards in a row
50 fights
And about only 5 decent fights out of 50
Watered down cards
Focusing too much on the us and still mma isn't that popular

When?
For sure.
Probably, but how do you think so?

When?
For sure.
Probably, but how do you think so?
Personally I thought it peaked back in 2011ish

Yes

Ronda/Conor arrived after that
And helped the ufc a lot
And the ufc had some good results

But like I said back then, you'll get these stars for a while and they'll disappear soon after (Ronda mainly, because I thought she was a fraud from day 1 who wouldn't be able to handle a defeat which proved to be true)

So these stars for the ufc come and go

So in the last few years we've had Ronda/Conor and Conor was given a huge advantage with the way the ufc pushed him by making him seem like he was the fighter earning millions straight away, the rentals/helping him get the interviews, that caused his fan base in Ireland to grow a lot, casuals jumped on it a lot too and thought wow this guy is a huge star/baller

The ufc doesn't do that with anyone else, so when Dana does say fighters should go out there and promote themselves, well I'm sure they could do a little bit better if they were given the opportunity Conor was given

They've tried to give some of these new fighters the push but they are not good enough
Sage/pvz/Weidman

Personally I thought it peaked back in 2011ish

Yes

Ronda/Conor arrived after that
And helped the ufc a lot
And the ufc had some good results

But like I said back then, you'll get these stars for a while and they'll disappear soon after (Ronda mainly, because I thought she was a fraud from day 1 who wouldn't be able to handle a defeat which proved to be true)

So these stars for the ufc come and go

So in the last few years we've had Ronda/Conor and Conor was given a huge advantage with the way the ufc pushed him by making him seem like he was the fighter earning millions straight away, the rentals/helping him get the interviews, that caused his fan base in Ireland to grow a lot, casuals jumped on it a lot too and thought wow this guy is a huge star/baller

The ufc doesn't do that with anyone else, so when Dana does say fighters should go out there and promote themselves, well I'm sure they could do a little bit better if they were given the opportunity Conor was given

They've tried to give some of these new fighters the push but they are not good enough
Sage/pvz/Weidman

Yeah, 6 years ago there were a lot of great fighters and great matches. It was kind of a perfect storm. MMA broke through to (minor) mainstream, maybe it was a peaking of a crop of fighters and there was a bit of a vacuum since then. This is in part (IMO) to the UFC policy of picking a few to promote. I'm not sure the UFC peaked then but it certainly has plateaued or at least changed its angle (5 degrees instead of 60 degrees).

Back