UFC Considering Romero vs. Gus for 230

Of course they are, hopefully a classic interim title is on the line.

giphy.gif

All this when the fans will be completely happy with a 165 division being born with the possibility of a Diaz holding a belt.

Diaz (a .500 fighter for the last few years) fighting Poirier, a career FW who has never fought higher than 155.

Not a huge 155er like:

Tony (who won a title in his last fight and hasn't lost in years)

Lee (who is huuuuuge for 155 and recently fought a competitive title fight.)

Or a stud from 170 like:

RDA (who already humiliated Nate)

Nope- they are making a belt so Conor can fight a guy he has already beaten for it.

UFC is such a joke. They are literally going down the list of things Dana said they would never do and checking off boxes.

This would only work for the vacant title, nobody gets fooled by the "interim belt" anymore. Colby vs RDA did terrible numbers and so did Yoel vs Luke.
Colby vs RDA wasn't the main event.

Romero vs Whittaker was. That fight was for the real belt.

Belts don't mean anything in the UFC anymore.

People rather see 2 people with fake heat fight each other they than the best fight the best with no drama included.

It DC ain’t coming back down to LHW then just make it for the actual title fuck it

extremely interesting fight...but main event? c'mon...wolf tickets

Calling it now. Romero is being used as a place holder to announce the lhw interim title till they can officially announce jones. Yoel will be removed due to "injury" in a couple weeks. They just need to announce a title fight now

If anything, with Gus's frame he might benefit from taking a step up to HW. Not cutting weight might improve his chin. A fight with Romero doesn't interest me. And i doubt it interests Gus either, again referencing his ability to lose by knockout. Winning doesnt do much for Gus here and losing would certainly fuck up all the "big fights" he surely does not deserve but is incessantly bitching about wanting.

Also, wtf is Romero doing ducking Male Stripper Party at 185?

This is confusing the fuck out of me.

1) Did DC vacate at LHW?
2) Did Yoel move up?
3) Gus would never take this fight
4) If he does, goodnight sweet prince.

Bad matchup. Gus is 0 - 3 against athletic and explosive men.

Diaz (a .500 fighter for the last few years) fighting Poirier, a career FW who has never fought higher than 155.

Not a huge 155er like:

Tony (who won a title in his last fight and hasn't lost in years)

Lee (who is huuuuuge for 155 and recently fought a competitive title fight.)

Or a stud from 170 like:

RDA (who already humiliated Nate)

Nope- they are making a belt so Conor can fight a guy he has already beaten for it.

UFC is such a joke. They are literally going down the list of things Dana said they would never do and checking off boxes.

All fair points. However I wouldn’t move Tony, not yet. Would be a tragedy if we never see him fight Khalabeeb or Conor.

Lee is available though I don’t think difficulty making weight at 155 and asking for 165 moves him ahead of Porier for consideration in a new division.

A new weight class with no fights at all at 165 to draw from, I am pretty lenient on who they select to get the shot. Would prefer a 4 man tournament. What would be the best is have Co-Mains with the winners to face off in December/January for the 165 belt. Dustin vs Nate, Lee vs RDA.

Gus did already call out Romero a while back. When DC signed the fight with Stipe and proposed that fight for Gus.

So I don't think he's against it like some of you said. To beat Romero would prove that you are world class, no doubt.

And if it's for a belt, then why whould he turn it down?

lmao fuck off. Romero ducks no one. if he is willing to fight gustaffson then he sure isn't scared of costa.

Booooooo

Boooooo

Romero v. Costa

Jones v. Gustaffson

These are the fights to make WME, learn how to make main events the ingrates want to see damn it

Back