UFC Considering Romero vs. Gus for 230

Great fight. I don't care about the Costa fight, I still think he's a level below Yoel right now.

If it happens, could be a tough return fight for gus.

He’d have a size advantage, but Yoel is a violently powerful man.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it looked like the rumble fight.

Not a main event. Maybe a co-main to a 165-pound title fight with Diaz-Poirier.

weird thought he was injured and thats why he couldn't confirm for costa, but seriously are we saying he's ducking costa to move up in weight to fight gustaffson for no #1 contender spot at light heavy, seriously fuck you guys if you think romero of all people would duck. awesome matchup

WAR SOLDIER OF GOD SEE U SOON BOI

Yea, I am saying that. When people (or at least, I) say someone is ducking, it doesn't mean they are SCARED of that fighter. It just means they know the challenge is too great for the reward it presents.

No one thinks Yoel is scared of Coeta, but he knows he is dangerous and looks to be ducking the fight that gives him no title and a win likely doesn't get him a Whittaker rematch.

Please God, make this fight happen, and have Romero win so we can see DC vs Romero.

Gus pulled out of their scheduled rematch at UFC 178

Gus has been ducking the top 3 for ages

You mean when Gus got injured after Jones had been ducking that rematch the whole year. Just because UFC finally managed to force Jones to accept the fight doesn't mean he didn't try to avoid it as long as he could.

Saying Gus doesn't want to fight Jones is the most retarded thing I have heard here in a long time. Thats the fight he has been asking for the last 5 years more than anything. Pay attention.

Headlining one of the biggest cards of the year while fighting for a title...Easy to see why Yoel would take this fight when he might not be 100% since it isn't an opportunity he would get again
On the other hand he can get a fight like Costa at any time.

Amazing fight, but that's simply not a MSG headliner.

This would only work for the vacant title, nobody gets fooled by the "interim belt" anymore. Colby vs RDA did terrible numbers and so did Yoel vs Luke.

wow, they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for this one

not that this isnt a good fight, but MSG ME A-level jawdrop reaction? no fucking way

Make it for the title, DC is holding up the division. Love the guy but he's fighting Lesnar for 5 million and we know this. Gotta give up the LHW belt.

Yoel wins

It’s amazing to me that they can find a worse option than Jon miraculously cleared in time for and fighting at 230.

Taking away from what DC is doing to hang a title on a guy that is .500 in only 6 fights since 2013 and hasn’t fought since May of 2017 or a guy who has fought for a title twice in the last year or so, lost both times and has never fought at LHW is about as bad as it gets.

All this when the fans will be completely happy with a 165 division being born with the possibility of a Diaz holding a belt.

Good fight but like others said, makes Yoel look like a Costa duck.
Fight Gus for probably 1/2 a mil or more at 205 without having to stress much about weight and basically "nothing to lose" by challenging a 2x LHW title contender who is 5-6 inches taller

Or

Fight a relatively unknown killer for relative peanuts and have to cut 20+ pounds to do so at age 40+

I'd call that a rational business decision long before I'd call Romero, a fucking straight killer who kicked the shit out of the MW champ in his last fight, a "duck".

d7Ro91Y.jpg

Back