UFC clothing and unfair advantages

KOFight228

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why do some fighters get to wear cloth covering the knee and ankles for example, whereas others dont? Even a thin layer of cloth protects slightly more than nothing at all.
Since its supposed to be a level playing field, things like this make it unfair. Same as guys who purposely grow huge beards because 1. It makes the chin slightly harder to find and 2. The hair will slightly soften the blow.

May as well come out wearing masks and knee braces like WWE

Why do some fighters get to wear cloth covering the knee and ankles for example, whereas others dont? Even a thin layer of cloth protects slightly more than nothing at all.
Since its supposed to be a level playing field, things like this make it unfair. Same as guys who purposely grow huge beards because 1. It makes the chin slightly harder to find and 2. The hair will slightly soften the blow.

I dont work for the UFC or reebok but i think fighters can choose at least the type of their fight trunks

If it was that big of an advantage, everyone would do it.

Nothing is stopping you from wearing wraps if your opponent is. Plus it has its disadvantages like being easier to grab and hold.

Also your beard doesn't do shit, you just outed yourself as someone who never sparred.

Nothing is stopping you from wearing wraps if your opponent is. Plus it has its disadvantages like being easier to grab and hold.

Also your beard doesn't do shit, you just outed yourself as someone who never sparred.

You don't have to be a director to criticise a movie. Thats just an appeal to expertise fallacy which isn't allowed in a debate.

Stuff on ankles probably help to sink submissions, so...

You don't have to be a director to criticise a movie. Thats just an appeal to expertise fallacy which isn't allowed in a debate.
you literally replied with a fallacy yet tried to call me out on one that never happened

The women's outfits have an unfair advantage in amount of fabric for sponsor logos than the men.

1. guys who purposely grow huge beards because 1. It makes the chin slightly harder to find and 2. The hair will slightly soften the blow.
I see you're a man of culture and knowledgeable in anatomy and physics

All solid points and counter points in this thread.

Lol at these thin shorts having an impact whatsoever.

If anything, having shorts instead of tights might be hindering because it could stop you from stretching your legs completely if they are not the right size. That's why I think they have these shorts with the side cuts, like Jon Jones wears.

Either way, i'm pretty sure it's the fighters choice to wear whatever ugly rebook gear they want.

Except this isn't a movie, you can't watch a fight and determine whether or not the beard actually softens the impact, that's knowledge that must be obtained through experience.

Also, some states allow wraps, and others don't. The opponent also has a say in whether the person they are fighting allowed to wear them.

The women's outfits have an unfair advantage in amount of fabric for sponsor logos than the men.
Guys are allowed to wear rash guards too

ok, Ken, let it go now...it´s been 25 yrs...

Same as guys who purposely grow huge beards because 1. It makes the chin slightly harder to find and 2. The hair will slightly soften the blow.

there is nothing at all stopping the other competitor growing a beard

granted it would look a bit silly in some of the womens divisions

Lol at these thin shorts having an impact whatsoever.

If anything, having shorts instead of tights might be hindering because it could stop you from stretching your legs completely if they are not the right size. That's why I think they have these shorts with the side cuts, like Jon Jones wears.

Either way, i'm pretty sure it's the fighters choice to wear whatever ugly rebook gear they want.
What gets me is the “panty lines”. Not a guy, But MMA shorts have a special pocket in the front for your cup so I’m not sure why these guys are wearing underwear under essentially what is underwear. Again, not a dude. I just go commando under the shorts.

What gets me is the “panty lines”. Not a guy, But MMA shorts have a special pocket in the front for your cup so I’m not sure why these guys are wearing underwear under essentially what is underwear. Again, not a dude. I just go commando under the shorts.
Not all of them have a holder for a cup.

Back