UFC Chronicles Episode on Weili Zhang

I am not sure why there is a focus on traditional CMA in this video. She doesn't really use it and her main trainers are MT and BJJ based.

I am not sure why there is a focus on traditional CMA in this video. She doesn't really use it and her main trainers are MT and BJJ based.
her main base is Sanda and she grew up at the Shaolin Zhiyong Martial Arts Academy, not sure why you are surprised.

Her win over Andrade is one of the most awesome victories I've witnessed in recent memory. The pop she got from the Chinese crowd during her absolute blitzkrieg destruction of Jessica was intense and, to sound admittedly cheesy, a pretty fuckin beautiful thing to see happen for her (unfortunately for Andrade).

<JackieThumbsUp>

I just clicked play to see her hair style.

What has WMMA done to me...

her main base is Sanda and she grew up at the Shaolin Zhiyong Martial Arts Academy, not sure why you are surprised.
She doesn’t use it at all. Even the Chinese coach was giving interviews about how she had to unlearn a lot of bad habits from Sanda. She is actually a failed Sanda fighter

She doesn’t use it at all. Even the Chinese coach was giving interviews about how she had to unlearn a lot of bad habits from Sanda. She is actually a failed Sanda fighter

Have you ever watched Sanda competitions? She uses it all the time, it's basicaly Chinese Muay Thai with more wrestling.

Have you ever watched Sanda competitions? She uses it all the time, it's basicaly Chinese Muay Thai with more wrestling.
I competed in MT. Sanda is not Chinese Muay Thai. Look at Yan. Her stance and attacks are closer to traditional Sanda.

Her current coaches in China are Thai or Brazilian. The former striking coach of her camp was a Filipino who trained in Thailand. Her wrestling coaches are the Hickman brothers who live in Thailand. You don’t think it’s weird she is putting on the tai chi and Chinese wrestling schtick?

Back