UFC Charging $59.99 For UFC 168, 169, & 170

Cool, now Dana will claim that the thing he said about it being a one time thing was a long time ago and we are all retards for believing that his statement is still valid

I know you don't mean that as them getting 100% of the revenue from PPV buys

because they don't, and that would be a lie

No I don't. I mean what will be generated. It's still $5 per buy more than they had before & going to the same places.
If I get a raise it's not all going in my pocket either

That's why they increased the price. They can't get more people to buy so they slightly increase because they know the loyal fans who always buy PPVs will still buy them. In the long run, it'll lead to a profit. Econ 101 bitch.

pretty much. It doesn't automatically equal a profit but you pointed it out - eventually it will. AT&T does this shit all the time, raise the bills by a tiny bit quietly, rake in insane amounts of money.

UFC, particularly MMA is, (sad to say) on an overall decline. Losing cults of personality that they have banked on for years, like GSP and eventually, Anderson Silva will hurt it badly. Jones says he doesn't want to fight past 30. Ronda wants to do movies. None of this is what the UFC wants to hear.

They have to make the money back somewhere.

That somewhere is higher PPV prices.

They're signing a ton of new fighters to put on a ton of events next year. That shit costs money so i figured they'd raise prices. Besides, sports bars exist for a reason. Buying the PPV isn't the only way to view it.

pretty much. It doesn't automatically equal a profit but you pointed it out - eventually it will. AT&T does this shit all the time, raise the bills by a tiny bit quietly, rake in insane amounts of money.

UFC, particularly MMA is, (sad to say) on an overall decline. Losing cults of personality that they have banked on for years, like GSP and eventually, Anderson Silva will hurt it badly. Jones says he doesn't want to fight past 30. Ronda wants to do movies. None of this is what the UFC wants to hear.

They have to make the money back somewhere.

That somewhere is higher PPV prices.

How does raising prices on a declining product make sense though? The UFC is so short sighted.

That's why they increased the price. They can't get more people to buy so they slightly increase because they know the loyal fans who always buy PPVs will still buy them. In the long run, it'll lead to a profit. Econ 101 bitch.

There are plenty who are price sensitive. I'll pay 60.00 for this card as I am very interested in Anderson Weidman. I buy about 1/2 the cards now, I skip those which I don't feel are worth it. There are fights I wait until the last minute to buy and another 10.00 will make me reconsider those. They'll get 60.00 from most people if the cards are strong but I know plenty of guys besides myself who opt to pass on cards that are marginally interesting due to cost. There is a price point and maybe and extra 20% charge will only lose them 5 or 10% of buys but there will be cards that will lose more due to cost. I imagine if they see their buys not suffering, the increase will be here to stay.

They will be selling it in 2015

That would probably be a very good idea. MMA is clearly in a decline and you won't be able to fool people about that fact much longer. If I were the Fertittas, I would definitely be looking to sell within the next year or 2.

How does raising prices on a declining product make sense though? The UFC is so short sighted.

Declining product? The fights today are far more competitive than 10 years ago. I don't see MMA going anywhere but up. 15 year ago there were plenty of guys i knew doing golden gloves and now I never even hear about it. I have kids doing MMA in my office every few weeks. UFC will be bigger in 5 years than it is now, I'd bet alot on it. The UFC also attracts younger fans who are least likely to afford this, especially with the persistently shitty economy more selectively hitting them, but that won't last forever. There is also a lot more free MMA then there used to be. Not so long ago your free MMA was Bodog. You could get strikeforce on Showtime and you had almost all PPV ufc's. Now we get the free prelims, quite a few free shows, Bellator, and WSOF. MMA is doing great.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/ufc-168-ppv-price-increase-2629509/

I posted this and many said $5 is no big deal. I'm not buying it or any more for a higher price. This card is ok, but not awesome. WMMA... don't care.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

I remember your thread... it's kind of shocking to think it already permanently jumped up $5.00 if that is the case. It's still possible this is a system glitch though considering the only source right now is ufc.tv, we may have to wait until MMA media picks up on it and asks via official channels.

Also, Razor Candi AV

I don't care. I'm rich. This isn't shit to me. In fact, it's good. It's just less other poor fools get to watch it. It's just more exclusive, for rich players like myself

Rick-Ross-Throwing-Money.gif

I'll go to the bar for the events I want to see, skip those I don't

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard... MMA (the fastest growing sport in the world) is on a decline... What people don't realize is that it has grown ALOT over the past 10 years and very rapidly... The sport is at a point now where the growth is slowing down because they have reached a certain point... It doesn't mean the sport is declining it just means the growth curve is slowing down

I don't care. I'm rich. This isn't shit to me. In fact, it's good. It's just less other poor fools get to watch it. It's just more exclusive, for rich players like myself

Rick-Ross-Throwing-Money.gif

Where are you in that gif? Like geographic location? Looks fun

Damn this sucks, I don't thin we will ever see 54.99 again guys, straight lied to but Dana will just say get a couple guys to chip in to make up the 5 bucks. Buffalo wild wings every fight for me I guess

What about the people that have no friends? What are they going to do??

Back