UFC champs

It's about fighting,,, not attracting people... Unless you work for the UFC...

Most of us are fight fans and like to watch fights... Woodly had a couple stinkers... But he fights often and when you look at what he did to Lawler and Condit, he can be very exciting... Thompson has to take the blame for some of the most recent boring WW events.

I agree. His Maia fight was boring but that was his strategy. I like Woodley's fights. Well Rounded.

Bisping is as legit as it gets. Record number of significant strikes and record number of wins in the ufc. Obviously he is goat.

As for the rest Conor is so legit he has to move weight divisions and vacate because they're not worth his time.

DJ and Stipe are in divisions of cans.

As has been said in a previous post tyron is black.

Cody has lots of tatoos and is not a good role model especially for kids fighting cancer.

DC is also totally legit having beaten Jones twice whilst actually losing the fight on both occasions.

Discuss.

All pretty realistic assessments but DC deserves more respect, imo. He's a good dude, I just wish more people saw that in him

I like Stipe a lot but he's not a draw and sometimes guys have it or they don't. Stipe is a blue collar, meat and potatoes guy and there is nothing wrong with that, but he's just not gonna be a top draw like maybe Alistair would be if he was champ

Cody, I just don't see him as the next big thing. I like TJ more, and Cody is just too immature for me to be a fan of.

Tyrone. Ol' Wood, he's said some bullshit, treated Thompson like shit for no reason leading up to both fights, is always super defensive and sensitive about everything, he's not my cup of tea. He's athletic, he's explosive, but he's also been fighting like a wuss and that isn't gonna get people to buy his ppvs.

Conor, he's just about lining his pockets and making money. He said it before, get in, get rich, get out, and that is what he's gonna do. I will say this, he's good to his fans and has changed the game, I respect that about him

Bisping. Sometimes I root for Mike, sometimes I don't.. But he's had a hard journey to the belt and lost to a lot of steroid cheats. Some think he's earned the right to gloat a little bit, but a fight with Whittaker after beating GSP and he's good with me.

MM - I don't like the flyweight division and I think MM has fought relative nobodies. It's obvious he's targetting easy fights just to rack up defenses

Holloway.. Tall, lanky guy but he is a Hawaiian warrior. LOVE this fight with Frankie, he's had a good run, and I think with the right dance partners he can be a draw. Seems like a cool, down to earth guy as well

Just my opinions here

Tony's title is more legit than Conor's. Defend or vacate.

Bisping is as legit as it gets. Record number of significant strikes and record number of wins in the ufc. Obviously he is goat.

As for the rest Conor is so legit he has to move weight divisions and vacate because they're not worth his time.

DJ and Stipe are in divisions of cans.

As has been said in a previous post tyron is black.

Cody has lots of tatoos and is not a good role model especially for kids fighting cancer.

DC is also totally legit having beaten Jones twice whilst actually losing the fight on both occasions.

Discuss.
IMG_8880.GIF

Conor beat Max with a torn ACL, but Max is a real champ and Conor isn't? Ok buddy...
Conor ran from Edgar. Conor never tore his ACL. Show me where/when he had surgery. Conor fans looking for excuses like when he got thrown around by Chad. Max was a teenage up and comer when he went the distance with Conor. Max is the real champ fighting all comers.

I don't disagree. I wish they would put him/Tony and Khabib/Nate on the same card. It'd be a mini tourney and would guarantee 2 huge cards.
Maybe replace Nate with Justin Gaethje if he beats Alvarez, if not then Barboza.
Nate has some work to do before getting in the mix.

Woodley isn't a real champ because he's black? But DC and DJ get different reasons?

What kind of shit is this? It's not even funny as a bad played out joke. This shit thread should just be deleted

Stipe - won legitimately and has proven he deserves it beating and defending against legit opponents. Still needs to defend against a couple key names to solidify himself. Division is shallow but new challengers may come (we hope)

Cormier - didn't beat the real champ to win but legit earned the interim belt and Jones disqualified himself so that means it's legit -only beaten by Jones and those fights now have asterisk beside them (at least most recent one) so there is no active fighter who can say they are better than Cormier

Bisping - A lot of people would say an unlikely champ but earned with a legit knockout - hand picked last couple opponents might have saved him from losing the belt but Henderson almost ko'd him again so he wasn't exactly protected - will only be so long before he's tested and GSP is no squash match

Woodley - legit win knocked previous champion out. Boring or not he keeps winning

Conor - legit ko over champ but everyone is frustrated that he hasn't defended. If his next fight isn't Holloway he really should be stripped and ridiculed

Max - legit champ but needs few defenses to prove himself. not interested in Conor rematch unless he goes up to LW. Conor should not go back down to fw

Cody - legit and looked impressive against Cruz - but still needs some defenses to prove himself

Might Mouse - legit talent and great numbers but against poor competition. Benavidez and Cejudo really are the only other names worth mentioning and he's miles ahead of them. He needs some fights at higher weight or new contenders at his weight before I'm really impressed

These are all real legit champions.

Stipe.. shallow division, so looks better then he is, but prob stays on top for awhile or until DC goes up to HW, or he fights Minakov.

DC.. shallow division, but has beaten the best at the division, who weren't on ped's, so he has nothing to prove and should go up to HW to fight Stipe and retire. Though at LHW, Volkan reminds me of a bigger Rumble, so DC vs Volkan looks fun on paper.

Biping.. has been around for awhile, fought the best at 185, but unless he beats Whittaker, he's just a title holder, nothing more, nothing less.

Whittaker.. the actual champ at 185 imo. Look fwd to a fight between him and Luke. If he can get past Luke, I see Whittaker being Champ for awhile.

Woodley.. imo, the 2nd most athletic and dynamic current UFC Champ behind DJ. Is the 4th best UFC Champ imo behind DJ, Cody and Max. I don't see him losing the belt unless he retires. He's a 2.0 version of GSP.

Conor.. lmfao, a joke and just a guy who holds a belt, def not a champion or championship mindset. He gets beat by Nate, Barboza, Khabib, Iaquinta, and Sage.. but he beats Tony, Lee, Justin, Chiesa, and Pettis.

Ferguson.. no way the UFC wants that weirdo representing their brand, nor does anyone care for Ferguson much. He's prob the one person with a belt currently, who gets less interest and ppv buys then Nunes and DJ.

Max.. if he beats Frankie, nobody is beating Max at 145 that is currently in the division. I wish I could say the homies Fili and Yair could beat Max, but they are best at 155 imo.. I do think Fili beats Conor at 155, and Yair beats Tony at 155 (Fili vs Ortega/Cub winner and Yair vs Hall or Cub at 145 interest me too). I would like to see Cody and TJ move up, but I think Dom moves up if he doesn't get a title shot at 135 soon.. and Dom vs Max def can generate interest.

Cody.. once he beats TJ, there won't be much for him left at 135, beside beat Rivera if he gets past Dom, and maybe a fight with Sterling if Sterling can put a win streak together against the top 3 in the weight class. He can go down to 125 and beat DJ, possibly defend against Pettis and then go up to 145.

DJ.. the GOAT. It took me awhile to start liking the guy, outside of the cage. But inside, there is no denying that he is the best mma athlete coplnpeting currently, regardless of weight class and size! He's the complete Mixed Martial Artist and along with Cody and Max, he's your favorite fighters favorite mma fighter. And won the 2017 ESPY to prove that.. casuals don't appreciate him, but hardcores, true combat sports fans, martial artists, fighters, and pro athletes in dif pro sports, def appreciate DJ.

If I was ranking the male UFC Champs, it would be.. DJ, Cody, Max, Woodley, DC, Whittaker (interim), Stipe, Bisping, Tony (interim), Conor..

Woodley isn't a real champ because he's black? But DC and DJ get different reasons?

What kind of shit is this? It's not even funny as a bad played out joke. This shit thread should just be deleted

If you read again, you will see that I never wrote this.

Conor hater. He is not that bad you know?
Conor hater? How about a realist who followed Conor before he was in the UFC.. And realizes he has done nothing to impress.. beat Siver to fight the homie Mendes, who was on short notice and 184lbs when he got the call yet was smacking Conor around until he gassed. Conor got smoked by the homie Nate and only won a controversial maj dec in the rematch. Beat a past his prime and never elite Alvarez to win the 55 belt. Has never defended a title in his entire career, has as many one punch ko's as Paulie does in the boxing ring, yet Conor has smaller gloves. Doesn't impress me since he's come to the UFC and looked better against weak comp prior to the UFC. Oh, he also got his ass whooped after talking hella shit about Floyd, then didn't find any humility in defeat.. just more dillusional babble, like after the first Nate fight. So no, as a 39 yr old man who has been around combat sports since the age of 4.. he does not impress me at all currently and as a Champ, which is the topic.. he's at the bottom being he's never defended in the ufc or prior and hasnt even fought at the weight class, beside the title fight long ago. Oh, that power left, is all hype.. smoke and mirrors. Just a precise tool, not a hammer.

If you read again, you will see that I never wrote this.

If you read again, I never quoted you or claimed you wrote it. But other people did and its a tired bullshit joke

My post was stating all the champs are legit

Maybe replace Nate with Justin Gaethje if he beats Alvarez, if not then Barboza.
Nate has some work to do before getting in the mix.
I agree that he should have some work to do, but the fact is that this is a business and he is now a huge name. Additionally, he's paid his dues, so I don't mind him "skipping" to the front of the line... If he fights Khabib it will either legitimize his next shot at Conor or build up Khabib's resume. Win/win IMO.

I agree that he should have some work to do, but the fact is that this is a business and he is now a huge name. Additionally, he's paid his dues, so I don't mind him "skipping" to the front of the line... If he fights Khabib it will either legitimize his next shot at Conor or build up Khabib's resume. Win/win IMO.
That's fair, if Nate returned and defeated a fighter like Khabib it would show he still deserves to be in the mix.

That's fair, if Nate returned and defeated a fighter like Khabib it would show he still deserves to be in the mix.
Maybe it's just me but I have no interenst in see Khabib brutalize Nate. Nate always gets dominated and bloodied by strong wrestlers.

Plus Nate is the only one with anything to gain from it. Khabib needs high quality wins right now. Only people he benefits from fighting (other than Tony or Conor) are Barboza, the Gaethje/Alvarez winner, and Lee.

Maybe it's just me but I have no interenst in see Khabib brutalize Nate. Nate always gets dominated and bloodied by strong wrestlers.

Plus Nate is the only one with anything to gain from it. Khabib needs high quality wins right now. Only people he benefits from fighting (other than Tony or Conor) are Barboza, the Gaethje/Alvarez winner, and Lee.
I don't really want to see Nate near a title shot, but if he has to fight Khabib to earn it that far better than him sitting out and expecting one. However I don't think Nate beats anyone in the top 5 at this time.

I don't really want to see Nate near a title shot, but if he has to fight Khabib to earn it that far better than him sitting out and expecting one. However I don't think Nate beats anyone in the top 5 at this time.
Fair point. I agree.

With that being said Khabib also has to get his ass in gear, too many tough and active fighters in that division for anyone to think they can sit idle.
Imo Gaethje is going to be knocking at top 3 in no time.
It ain't exactly by choice that he's been out, besides he's training for a December bout. Just have to be patient and see how this plays out. As for Highlight...yeah most likely. Kid is tough but he won't have a long career with that style.

Back