UFC Caught Manipulating Official Data to Favor Conor after Loss to Khabib?

I've noticed they do that pretty often after fights. It probably has a lot to do with someone rewatching the fight and seeing if a strike actually landed or not and then the subjective question of if it was significant or not.

There is definitely bias at play though.

And in this case it is very likely someone made some phone calls to say that conor wasn't knocked down and this that and the other.

Stats only tell part of the story and always have a degree of bias to them.

Rule 1: Never trust these types of YouTube videos until further review.

You basically pulled one of these shady vids and created an awfully undeserved thread title for added effect.

Btw, the "knockdown" from Khabib's punch wasn't a true knockdown, people get so caught up over this.
As already said, officials sometimes go back and review/change stuff.

"UFC caught manipulating..." Becomes the sensationalist title.

You mean they went back and watched the fight with replays and slow motion to legitimately record official stats instead of the guy clicking away with a baseball counter during the fight? Like they do in every fight?

And you're aware that Fightmetric provides these stats, not the UFC, right?

SHHHHHhhhhhh!! Just let them have their discovery... Look how happy they are.

RedUnfinishedFalcon-max-1mb.gif

What the official rule of a knockdown in MMA? Khabib did indeed knockdown Conor but even sites like ESPN/Fightmetric didnt score it as a knockdown, and they didnt give Sonnen a knockdown for dropping Silva {<doc} and Fightmetric also have the sig strikes as 70-51 for the Khabib vs Conor fight, same number as the UFC did after they revised it

You mean they went back and watched the fight with replays and slow motion to legitimately record official stats instead of the guy clicking away with a baseball counter during the fight? Like they do in every fight?

Sherdoggers don't need all that nuance. We need BLOOD! Outrage! cause of YouTube and our own cynicism nudging us!

It seems it's true and completely corrupt and pathetic of the UFC.

If they think people won't notice this stuff, they are wrong.

That, and Herb Dean's totally obvious bias, because he is TOLD and/or PAID to do what the UFC tell him to do. There should be accountability on all this stuff. Fat chance of that.

Well, it is automatically legit altering, if the right side is saying 0 knockdowns. We all know Khabib DID indeed knock McGregor down.

Yep that knockdown was fairly obvious. It was a great punch by Khabib.

What the official rule of a knockdown in MMA? Khabib did indeed knockdown Conor but even sites like ESPN/Fightmetric didnt score it as a knockdown, and they didnt give Sonnen a knockdown for dropping Silva {<doc} and Fightmetric also have the sig strikes as 70-51 for the Khabib vs Conor fight, same number as the UFC did after they revised it

fightmetric does the official UFC stats

as far as what is a knockdown... <Fedor23> Ive never seen an explanation or definition from fightmetric or anyone really

personally I could not imagine a more clear cut knockdown than Khabib/McGregor... his head was violently snapped back and went to a knee while posting a hand on the mat

I've watched and counted the strikes myself, the original figures were correct.

Weird how they missed the knockdown upon second viewing...
That's were I'm at. I wouldn't say it's manipulation, because fightmetric does the stats, and the stats always change after fights.

But how in the fuck can they justify zero knockdowns?

sure mcgregor fanboy

Sherdoggers don't need all that nuance. We need BLOOD! Outrage! cause of YouTube and our own cynicism nudging us!

do you really think almost a 1:1 total strike ratio and a 7:5 "significant" strike ratio seems accurate? amazing McGregor was able to land all of these blows while spending more than half the fight underneath Khabib

fightmetric does the official UFC stats

as far as what is a knockdown... <Fedor23> Ive never seen an explanation or definition from fightmetric or anyone really

personally I could not imagine a more clear cut knockdown than Khabib/McGregor... his head was violently snapped back and went to a knee while posting a hand on the mat
Theres something we dont know about the rule, like I said they didnt give Sonnen a knockdown for this either
eq0w63yk1dvz.gif

maybe ass has to to touch the floor? lol

This may be true, but you don't think it's fishy that every single change they made just happened to make Conor look better and Khabib worse? And actually removing the knockdown?

fry_squinting.gif

do you really think almost a 1:1 total strike ratio and a 7:5 "significant" strike ratio seems accurate? amazing McGregor was able to land all of these blows while spending more than half the fight underneath Khabib
Khabib landed most of his shots in round 2 and Conor landed most of his in round 3, the stats are correct

0sr1MUP.jpg

Technically he didn't knock him down though. Certainly caught him with a good punch.

Not a knockdown. Close, though.

Tbh, just seen the GIF that you quoted and wow... I thought Conors ass or knee touched the mat tbh, but it didn't. I legit take back my previous comment and accept it's not a Knockdown.

Back