UFC Becomes ExcLusive to ESPN

Fuck Kap, and fuck commentators that stray from their primary jobs to give personal political opinions

Steven A. smith gets a lot of agitated, but I like him. One of the few sports commentators (and just about the only black one) willing to call out the BS regarding Kaepernick.

I wonder what it means for the broadcasts outside of the USA. Currently I have a paid Fox subscription mainly to watch UFC and football (soccer). Hope it will still be available for us in 2019 :)

how long before Dana fires ariel again and we see him crying on camera?

Exposure + Trash perspective on the sport.

They'll shit all over it focusing only on the negative stories when not reporting results.
OH dude I watch ESPN pretty regularly and their opinions on the sport are TRASH! I want to hear from someone who cares, not because their contract says they’re have to give an opinion

They(UFC) went from 100 mil a year on fox, to 300 mil a year on ESPN.

This really should open up fighter pay, hope we see that in the future.

Lol ESPN brought in $7 billion last year haha. More than the UFC costs.

It could buy almost 2 UFCs from a year’s profit alone
No they couldn't.

ESPN is making nowhere near 8 billion in profit in a year. Revenue isn't profit you dolt.

Fuck Kap, and fuck commentators that stray from their primary jobs to give personal political opinions
exactly fuck the commentators and the media for straying from their jobs to give personal political opinions. it's their fault. Kap just sat down by himself had been doing it couple times before and no one said shit. Why put a microphone in his face in the first place? And before anyone says it.. no, he was not the starting quarterback of the team at that point he was a back up. Who the fuck ever talks to the backup!? Just saying.. Kap did what he did but the media made it into what it became. So if you say fuck Kap then fine that's your opinion. Me, I wouldn't say fuck Kap I'd say fuck everyone else for making it into a topic for conversation every fucking day. And while we're at it fuck the media fuck the reporters fuck Ariel fuck the police fuck Tyrone woodly fuck GSP haters fuck bitches that yell except during sex fuck who ever responds to this post with a personal opinion that is opposite of mine lol fuck everyone!
<{natewhut}>

lolz.

espn just laid off a ton of their staff and was/is hemorrhaging money. serves them right, anyway. they shouldn't have been plagiarizing from local reporters and churning out leftist political rants instead of sports commentary. and now the ufc is hoodwink that just keeps hoodwinking. giblert.

As far as I know 400 but 300 plus 150 for streaming makes 450 million which meets their goal
article suggests its 1.5B total - figure includes the previously announced deal.

So its 300 M/Y for 30 events. So thats likely every single non-PPV event.

Really the way i see it, its replacing Fox with ESPN, but ESPN have some form of streaming service as well. 30 ESPN events (maybe split across the streaming service and main channel) and then whatever PPV's they think they can tack on.

how long before Dana fires ariel again and we see him crying on camera?
giphy.gif

Yes "Fuck Kap" for Kneeling (which is considered showing respect) facing the flag in a peaceful protest to bring awareness to police brutality.

Where as most vocal fans who bash him are most likely not standing at home or doing this at the stadium.

Look I feel anyone should be proud of where they are from...or their race. Brazilians should be proud... Russians should be proud. Americans should be proud...etc

True Patriotism is a great thing.
Blind Patriotism is a bad thing.
Fake Patriotism is the worse thing.

And true patriots and vets should not allow Racists to disguise their racism as Patriotism.

Help expose them. Call them out as well. Take back what it really means to be Patriotic.

Oh Boy... got side tracked there for a sec.

On Topic though...ESPN I'm indifferent to this right now. They would have great prefight shows. UFC would get Great Exposure on SportCenter. Fighters would get interviewed, and viewers of other sports who tune into SportCenter would see the fighters in a different light. Most likely will gain new fans.

Another great thing is some viewers who have Comcast missed on a few prelims because of Comcast not carrying FoxSports 2. But I believe ESPN 2 is almost everywhere.

ESPN's app is more consistent than Fox Sports Go App, as far as Glitches. Not sure if Picture Quality will be better, because I've had Watch ESPN App's resolution decrease mid stream. Where as I rarely had that issue with FS Go. Hopefully they continue to improve.

Watch ESPN is available on more devices I believe (like PS4)... and is 60fps. Not sure if it were 60fps on FS Go.

That’s a shit deal for 300 mln a year.

Vince sold his B show for 200m a year and will make at least that on his A show. Plus he has full control of his network with 2 million subs at $120 a year.

Smith is awful, but sports writers/commentators (well, the worthwhile ones, anyway, and Smith isn't one of them) have always written about sport and its relationship with the larger society. Insisting that they shouldn't is completely unreasonable unless you think sport exists in some sort of vacuum.

Back