UFC Becomes ExcLusive to ESPN

Lol and the circus continues <20> fuck that’s a lot of money, I’m sure the quality of cards will improve tremendously.

Spot on post. ESPN won't be happy with the watered down cards the UFC has been putting on lately. They're going to want good numbers, so the UFC is going to have to deliver.

I think we the fans win in the end. Yeah, we're going to have to shell out a few dollars to watch all the fights, but that few dollars a month is worth better cards in the end. If someone can't afford the $5-$10, then they have some personal issues to work out lol

Lol all these financial analysts talking about whatever party getting conned...pretty sure the powers that be at ESPN know what they’re doing and don’t plan on losing money on the deal. At least more than a bunch of folks on a message board

ESPN is the most expensive standard cable channel for cable providers such as Comcast, Cox etc. ESPN buying the previous ESPN+ rights and now buying the rest of the UFC live rights along with more streaming(ESPN+) rights shows how precarious of a situation cable TV is in these days.

Good live programming is the response to the HBO/Netflix/Amazon high quality shows that are being produced. Disney, through ESPN, has shown a strong proclivity towards live programming with many massive deals from MNF, to the NBA and NCAA contracts. Now ESPN is trying to expand this live programming beyond cable and into "streaming" using ESPN+.

this should be good for UFC fans and consumers as a whole.

I wonder if they got a deal for so many title fights a year etc.

ESPN sucks ass but if the fight nights and cards overall get better than what they are now I won't hate. I honestly just care about quality of the cards, not what fucking network it's on. I'll just make sure to change the channel after so I don't hear the bullshit they so often like to spew.

<{silvanormal}>Meh, irrelevant for me. I'll still get my cards on FightNetwork and TSN up in the Great White North.

Lol all these financial analysts talking about whatever party getting conned...pretty sure the powers that be at ESPN know what they’re doing and don’t plan on losing money on the deal. At least more than a bunch of folks on a message board
Pretty sure ESPN has actually fallen very hard over the years which is why people are questioning it.

Pretty sure ESPN has actually fallen very hard over the years which is why people are questioning it.

Lol ESPN brought in $7 billion last year haha. More than the UFC costs.

It could buy almost 2 UFCs from a year’s profit alone

If true, ESPN provides much more exposure than Fox and FS1. That is a huge number to help make back the original investment. Curious of the length of the deal. IMO this is good for the growth of the sport.

Exposure + Trash perspective on the sport.

They'll shit all over it focusing only on the negative stories when not reporting results.

IN before 50 ESPN cards stacked with WMMA shitshow

That's a lot of money...fighters gonna get paid now...right?

ESPN going all-in with UFC/MMA. Stephen a Smith MMA opinion coming soon!
my god I can't stand yelling no more yelling!!! why's everyone always yelling!!!!!!!?!??!? sorry I'm Mexican and Mexican women don't talk they yell! I don't need to hear anymore yelling hopefully Steven a smith can tone it down a little lol.

ESPN should demand that USADA be gone and for the addition of 165
serious question..... let's say 165lb division gets made and GSP gets the title shot and wins it and becomes first ever champ of that division.... is it a good thing? or will there be even more hate on him?

How does this effect UK viewers, is it still on BT sport?

Yep...remember not so long ago that culling of on air talent?
Also, ESPN has lost over 13 million subscribers in the last six years, and they are desperate to maintain relevance.

Back