UFC and Conor want Nate outta LW division

WhiteLightning

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Why? Because Conor is the golden boy and he wants the LW division. Nate has already shown he can beat Conor, and if they were to fight for the title in a trilogy fight and Nate were to win, the Conor mystique is pretty much done as they can't force a 4th fight. Anyone else and they can at least get a rematch. They've been selling this narrative that Diaz is a WW for a while, and I believe this is why Dana is trying to get Nate to fight Woodley- to continue the idea that Nate isn't a LW. Don't be surprised if Nate rejects the Woodley fight for this reason. He's a lightweight, he wants to remain a lightweight, and lightweight is where his body best matches his skills.

When does Conor want the LW division though? 2020? Sure as hell wasn't 2017

Nate has already declined the fight much to Tyron's dismay.

The last that I heard was that Nate had already passed on the Woodley fight.

Even with Nate out of LW that don't end Conor's problems that division is loaded with hitters that will eat his food...

Last edited:
Sherdog needs to make up it's mind.

There was going to be a Nate/Conor 3 because Conor was scared of Tony and Khabib and now Conor and the UFC are scared of Nate.

Hell ya for sure. They gotta get that straight up killer Nate Diaz out of the division. I mean Nate has already cleared out the whole lightweight division murdering everyone in his way. The only reason Nate doesn’t have the belt is cuz he didn’t want it.

Sherdog needs to make up it's mind.

There was going to be a Nate/Conor 3 because Conor was scared of Tony and Khabib and now Conor and the UFC are scared of Nate.
If Sherdog had one collective mind, it would be one big contradiction, like this:

I'm not racist because I hate Black people.

Brazilians are the best fighters because they are pussies.

If Sherdog had one collective mind, it would be one big contradiction, like this:

I'm not racist because I hate Black people.

Brazilians are the best fighters because they are pussies.

So what do you think of Anderson Silva?

He's a lightweight, he wants to remain a lightweight, and lightweight is where his body best matches his skills.

Nate is basically retired at this point. He turned down a lightweight title shot. He will only come back for a money fight against Conor, at any weight class.

Why? Because Conor is the golden boy and he wants the LW division. Nate has already shown he can beat Conor, and if they were to fight for the title in a trilogy fight and Nate were to win, the Conor mystique is pretty much done as they can't force a 4th fight. Anyone else and they can at least get a rematch. They've been selling this narrative that Diaz is a WW for a while, and I believe this is why Dana is trying to get Nate to fight Woodley- to continue the idea that Nate isn't a LW. Don't be surprised if Nate rejects the Woodley fight for this reason. He's a lightweight, he wants to remain a lightweight, and lightweight is where his body best matches his skills.

Nate has already taken himself out of the LW picture the UFC don't need to do that when he's already done it himself. Ask Nate to fight anyone at lightweight not named Conor and see how far that goes.

Back