UFC a disgrace (Article from Australia)

Whenever I read ignorant shit like this, it's very satisfying to know that these people have already lost. They can't do anything anymore. They can't stop mma from being popular, they can't stop people from enjoying it, all they can do is whine about it on their blogs and at best hope to get a handful of soccer moms to agree with them in the comments.

LOL awesome....doing it now

''No Dickhead Policy'' His twitter says....

The tweets are piling up already, I don't even need to pile on, but feel free to everyone @BuzzRothfield

What I posted.

"This was nothing but barbaric savagery that should be banned in this country."

In your opinion. Good thing you have no power whatsoever.
"The fact women were allowed to fight on the card was an even bigger disgrace."

What is a disgrace is people like you wanting to hold women down from doing athletics equal to men.

"The main event was between Aussie Mark Hunt and Brazilian Antonio “Bigfoot’’ Silva.
The commentators described it as one of the greatest fights in UFC history.
It made me feel sick."

Well it did not for others. All those people in the Brisbane Entertainment Center loved the fight as did millions watching around the world.

Also, Mark Hunt is not an Aussie he is from New Zealand.

"Hunt started with blond hair that finished a blood-soaked red. Both fighters became barely recognisable from the blood and facial wounds of five sadistic rounds."

This happens all the time in boxing. What is the problem?

"It scared me that the Brisbane Entertainment Centre was sold out with so many thousands of people (including families with young children) who were prepared to pay to watch it."

Well it did not scare the Australian Sports Commission for allowing this event to take place. Yet, we are to take your word over theirs as to it being allowed.

Who are you again?

"And all those who lapped it up and loved every cruel moment on pay-TV."

You must be perfect and every single one of those people must be in the wrong?

"Almost defenceless men being held down on the ground and punched senseless."

They are not "defenceless" as you put it. They are trained Mixed Martial Artists. Somebody who knows little to nothing about ground fighting might also believe this. However educated fans understand the complexities of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo and wrestling to know whats going on and how they can get out of those situations.

"What does it say about our society?
Why do we allow our kids to watch and cheer for something we teach them not to do?"

People allow children to watch films and cartoons with violence all the time. This is nothing new.

Boxing has been putting on fights since forever and yet you have no problem with that at all.

"And why are the competitors allowed to do all this inside a cage when it’s illegal on the streets?"

Because it's legal. Simple as that.

Rules are rules and an Athletic governing body has placed rules to protect people from being hurt. Nobody in the 20 years of the UFC has been seriously injured or died. You lack an understanding of doing research on a subject being posting an article about it.

"People have been sent to jail for less than what happened inside a cage on Saturday night."

I wont argue with that, but that point is invalid as it is legal in your country.

"If you really want to make yourself sick, Google “UFC worst injuries”. The images are seriously disgusting and raise the question: why aren’t the fighters at least made to wear headgear?"

Same thing could be said for boxing. You can Google Boxings worst injuries" and see plenty of black eyes, cuts and hematomas just as bad if not worse. Yet again you do not see that flaw in your logic.

Should boxing be banned as well?

"Why aren’t fighters getting protection from blood diseases?
Why do the referees and doctors allow mismatches and lopsided fights to continue?"

They are... it is called blood testing and boxing has been doing it for years as does kick boxing. As for mismatches... there are far more missmatches in boxing than MMA. You will encounter boxers who have records of 30-0 fighting people who are 2-0. This happens all the time all over the world in both boxing and MMA. However with that said. That card had no mismatches.

"I know the UFC has statistics to prove there are no more serious injuries than in boxing, but that’s not the point."

Actually that is the point.

"The beauty of all sport is the toughness and determination of its competitors. The pain they put themselves through to become the best."

This is getting silly now... :lol:

"The injury risks they face in rugby league and all the footy codes. At least their sport involves a large degree of skill — and it’s not just a contest to *violently bash another person into submission."

Wrestling, Judo, TKD, Karate and Boxing are all Olympic sports and are all present in MMA. It takes skills to learn and master these arts. Somebody who has never trained a day in his life might not grasp this concept.

We have had countless Olympic compettitors compete in the UFC as other promotions in MMA and all of them have said MMA is one of the hardest things they have ever done.

When you have them saying such things who's word am I going to take as truth? Olympic athletics or some guy named "Phil Rothfield" who has never trained a day in his life?

Take a free class of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or Judo and come back and see if you have the same belief. I asure you 100% you wont.

What I said wont get posted as it needs to be approved by a mod.

Of all the problems in this country/the world, two men getting to live out there life-long dreams in the cage isn't one of them.

How about sending 18-year old boys overseas with rifles to go kill other 18-year old boys. Maybe your energy would be better spent discussing that.

Is MMA really still the Worlds fastest growing Sport ?? All my mates care about is Football (Soccer ..but it's really football) and sometimes NBA and Rugby .

I have only 1 mate (plus my girl) who wanna watch UFC with me . They say there just not into combat sport .. Yet will watch any Mayweather fight lol.

But yeah I'm sure it's a retarded article but if MMA is the worlds largest growing sport I'm guessing it's in Asia and South America and Africa where this growth is occuring ? In England and much of Mainland Europe it's still quite Underground . Sky and the BBC very Very rarely ever cover it and they are the biggest stations over here.

Maybe MMA is growing so much around the world that it doesn't matter how much it grows in Mainland Europe ? Would be interested if anyone could educate me on this because I genuinely find it interesting .

And yes Some Sherdoggers do have great Knowledge on many varied aspects of MMA - hence why I ask questions on here occasionally.

Thanks.

It's kind of a loophole calling it the worlds fastest growing sport, when was the last time a new sport was invented that could already draw on existing fanbases and was able to get some mainstream media attention. Most major sports now are well over a century old so calling it the fastest growing sport doesn't mean much IMO.

dude whatever they choose to do it. gotta get paid somehow

This guy's even worse than the tools in NY. At least they aren't pussies, just corrupt motherfuckers. This guy doesn't have the culinary union breathing down his neck...just some sand in his vagina.

He's an uneducated, sexist and illiterate moron.

tumblr_mvmq5oxWjW1r4grm0o6_250.gif

Another twat lives in denial of the fact that the human being has a savage side and likes to fight. Better forbid it and have it happening in the streets anyway than regulated as a sport heh? Idiot

Amen to that brother

I agree with the women part.women's sports in general are awful.

I bet the guy that wrote this was absolutely tortured at school coz he was such a pussy.

Well obviously. IMO, big strong dudes don't become writers.

And sorry to the handful of ppl I offended, who write and aren't pussies. Hemingway was a badass too.

Back