UFC a disgrace (Article from Australia)

Another do gooder trying to dictate what we can and cant do within society!!!!
Personally i find shit stirring ill educated journos alot more offensive and dangerous than two highly trained professionals dueling in a controlled environment but do not ask for poisonous ignorant journalists to be banned. We are supposed to live in a democratic world (sic) and we have freedom of choice so how about you choice not to watch the ufc and i will choice to ignore anymore of your namby pampy mutterings from here on in you twat.

by the way guys rothfield is like a huge rugby nuthugger.

he labelled mma a sport with no skill yet if anyone on here posting has seen a rugby league game, can you guys tell me what's so skillful about running straight at someone, face down like a headless chicken for 90 minutes?

if i remember correctly he also made an article earlier this year criticizing rugby authorities for outlawing on field brawls saying "they're apart of the sport" and that "everyone loves a good fight"

an absolute fuckwit of the highest order

Dude is entitled to his opinion.

But when he is wrong on basic facts that are the foundation of his argument, his opinion isnt worth anything much, in my opinion.

If he said some of that on the wrong media platform in the wrong country, he could get sued for liable.

i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion

Being offended shouldn't mean anything, on its own. This guy sas wailed like a child; so what? He uses the same disproved arguments from 10 years ago.

Who's that phil guy ? Any aussi here know about him ?

Is MMA really still the Worlds fastest growing Sport ?? All my mates care about is Football (Soccer ..but it's really football) and sometimes NBA and Rugby .

I have only 1 mate (plus my girl) who wanna watch UFC with me . They say there just not into combat sport .. Yet will watch any Mayweather fight lol.

But yeah I'm sure it's a retarded article but if MMA is the worlds largest growing sport I'm guessing it's in Asia and South America and Africa where this growth is occuring ? In England and much of Mainland Europe it's still quite Underground . Sky and the BBC very Very rarely ever cover it and they are the biggest stations over here.

Maybe MMA is growing so much around the world that it doesn't matter how much it grows in Mainland Europe ? Would be interested if anyone could educate me on this because I genuinely find it interesting .

And yes Some Sherdoggers do have great Knowledge on many varied aspects of MMA - hence why I ask questions on here occasionally.

Thanks.

In our country, we have something called "the free market"... that means if someone has a good idea, they have the freedom to see if there is enough consumer support. If people love something, they will support it. Only a total authoritarian piece of crap would try and legislate what sports I can and cannot enjoy. Nanny state douchebagery.

What a failure of a troll job.

"Why are they allowed to do this in a cage, but not on the streets"

Maybe because it's a sanctioned sport. I can't tackle people on the street either, but low and behold, Football exists.

Fan of boxing ts???? Cuz a boxer got killed a month ago n another was Put in a coma.

Wow. The author hates paragraphs even more than MMA. Impressive for a professional writer.

Nice mug.....:D

097136-phil-rothfield.jpg

he looks worse than hunt n bigfoot last night.

one thing i agree with him is mma should be more safe.

dont know about headgear, but body parts used in striking should be padded to avoid deep cuts n serious injuries.

also being allowed to attack dropped n unconscious opponent should be reconsidered

discuss...

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/ufc_a_disgrace/

UFC a disgrace

Phil Rothfield

SINCE when is kicking, elbowing, kneeing, punching and stomping an opponent classified as sport?

On Saturday night on Fuel TV I witnessed the brutality and bloodshed of the UFC — apparently, and worryingly, the world’s fastest growing sport.
This was nothing but barbaric savagery that should be banned in this country.
The fact women were allowed to fight on the card was an even bigger disgrace.
The main event was between Aussie Mark Hunt and Brazilian Antonio “Bigfoot’’ Silva.
The commentators described it as one of the greatest fights in UFC history.
It made me feel sick.
Hunt started with blond hair that finished a blood-soaked red. Both fighters became barely recognisable from the blood and facial wounds of five sadistic rounds.
It scared me that the Brisbane Entertainment Centre was sold out with so many thousands of people (including families with young children) who were prepared to pay to watch it.
And all those who lapped it up and loved every cruel moment on pay-TV.
Almost defenceless men being held down on the ground and punched senseless.
What does it say about our society?
Why do we allow our kids to watch and cheer for something we teach them not to do?
And why are the competitors allowed to do all this inside a cage when it’s illegal on the streets?
People have been sent to jail for less than what happened inside a cage on Saturday night.
If you really want to make yourself sick, Google “UFC worst injuries”. The images are seriously disgusting and raise the question: why aren’t the fighters at least made to wear headgear?
Why aren’t fighters getting protection from blood diseases?
Why do the referees and doctors allow mismatches and lopsided fights to continue?
I know the UFC has statistics to prove there are no more serious injuries than in boxing, but that’s not the point.
The beauty of all sport is the toughness and determination of its competitors. The pain they put themselves through to become the best.
The injury risks they face in rugby league and all the footy codes. At least their sport involves a large degree of skill — and it’s not just a contest to *violently bash another person into submission.

xin_492100524073193791903.jpg

John McCain resolved this argument 2 decades ago.

Someone fax this moron the unified rules.

The beauty of all sport is the toughness and determination of its competitors. The pain they put themselves through to become the best.

Things you'll never see in MMA, sure....

At least rugby involves a large degree of skill — and it’s not just a contest to *violently bash another person into submission.

The guy is totally clueless. A classic.

Just ignore the guy, he's just a righteous attention-whore.

Back