UFC a disgrace (Article from Australia)

Haha, Only people who calls someone a "beta" are immature kids. Grow up, youre embarrassing yourself.
and just because some group decides something doesn't make it correct. That leap in logic parallels your name calling and child like aggression.

You're so scared of getting a knee injury you're projecting your fears and inventing statistics and fake arguments, what's that make you?

Grappling in general destroys knees. Maybe you should watch boxing?

And "a group decides"-- like when you said 90% of people would agree with you? Pretty fucking terrible. I don't understand your irrational fears of knee injuries to people who
a) get into fights for a job
b) who aren't you.

Managed to get a fact about MMA wrong in the very first sentence. That almost deserves some kind of award.

I'm no doctor but I'm guessing hyper extending the knee is bad for you.

Knee injuries just scare me. Even in BJJ I tap wayyyy early on knee bar attempts on me. I don't know why.. I just can't stomach that shit. Everyone knows knees are very sensitive to damage.

i'm a pretty big fan of "just bleed" rules.. soccer kicks I think are very important to have in mma and without them its diluted.. but we can do without this shitty knee push kick.

Seeing it is clear you feel healthy knees are more important than a healthy brain, I don't think I can really discuss this with you. We are simply to different.

Didn't bother to read on after they got the Channel it was on wrong. I think they are trolling.

Hahaha

In that case, read it, because it is on Fuel TV here mate.

Rothfield is a great sports journo, I love his coverage of the Rugby Leage here, but this article is bullshit. His mentality is from 20 yrs ago. Go away Phil.

http://www.abcboxing.com/unified_mma_rules.html

Scroll down to "Linear knee strikes"

ABC specifically mentions Silva/Lietes

Thanks for the link, but you should have posted what they actually said as it makes it clear as day.

"Linear Knee Strikes

After a discussion prompted by the Silva-Leites bout, the Committee reviewed the issue of linear strikes to the knee joint and agreed that this technique should remain a legal technique. "

Hahaha

In that case, read it, because it is on Fuel TV here mate.

Rothfield is a great sports journo, I love his coverage of the Rugby Leage here, but this article is bullshit. His mentality is from 20 yrs ago. Go away Phil.

I dispute that as he has clearly avoided posting up any well written criticism of his article instead he only posts up people who agree with him and people calling him names.

Its true I am judging him under criteria I apply to actual journos but I think the same standards should apply.

Thanks for the link, but you should have posted what they actually said as it makes it clear as day.

"Linear Knee Strikes

After a discussion prompted by the Silva-Leites bout, the Committee reviewed the issue of linear strikes to the knee joint and agreed that this technique should remain a legal technique. "

Plain as day.

discuss...
disgracetojournalism said:
SINCE when is kicking, elbowing, kneeing, punching and stomping an opponent classified as sport?
Since the very first olympics actually.

Almost defenceless men being held down on the ground and punched senseless.
Which is why we have referees.

Why do we allow our kids to watch and cheer for something we teach them not to do?
That's not true is it? We teach our kids to defend themselves and hit back against bullies. And we teach them to have discipline which is exactly what MMA should define.
And why are the competitors allowed to do all this inside a cage when it’s illegal on the streets?
It's illegal to tackle men to the floor or push them
over too but they do that in lots of sports. They are allowed to do it because it's a sanctioned bout where the two competitors choose to compete in the ring/cage where officials and medical staff are in attendance.

why aren’t the fighters at least made to wear headgear?
Because head gear increases the likelihood of brain injury and concussion.

Why aren’t fighters getting protection from blood diseases?
They are, all fighters are tested before fighting.
Why do the referees and doctors allow mismatches and lopsided fights to continue?
They don't and if they do the whole MMA community goes up in arms.
I know the UFC has statistics to prove there are no more serious injuries than in boxing, but that’s not the point.
It's not a point you are willing to acknowlege because it would wholly undermine your argument.

The beauty of all sport is the toughness and determination of its competitors. The pain they put themselves through to become the best.
Which couldn't be exemplified better than MMA.

The injury risks they face in rugby league and all the footy codes. At least their sport involves a large degree of skill — and it’s not just a contest to *violently bash another person into submission.
No there is obviously no skill involved at all in MMA which is why no one bothers to train for hours every single day and spend months away from their family and loved ones in preparation for a fight.

Back