UFC 40 - Vendetta

<{monica}>

This is the first one I saw live. Before that it was always random clips on the internet and renting the DVDs in the Special Interest section at Blockbuster. I remember the hype being so real that everyone on my high school basketball team was talking about it at practice on Friday night.

Bought it at my buddy's place and still watch the big PPVs with him to this day. Just bought Stipe-DC together. Loved both guys for what they brought to the game, but went in rooting hard for Shamrock. Ended up being a big Tito fan after though. All-time card, all-time rivalry.

This is my Griffin-Bonnar

This UFC PPV is why many of us are here on Sherdog today.

Amazing how arlovski and especially Lawler stayed relevant all these years later. Lawler is a fucking baus.

Saw this on PPV. Great night of fighting and entertainment...that Tito entrance is what Bellator is trying to achieve but could never do. Funny how after all these years and the advances in production, THIS entrance still is the best entrance we can pull off while PRIDE FC was waaaaay ahead of the game at around the same time as UFC 40.

Oh Fuck Yes. This is the Event that got me back into MMA after a hiatus. Knew Ken from his early UFC days, and his WWE days. I went into the event rooting for Ken, but came out a Tito Fan. That was a real rivalry and a beating Tito handed him..
This is right around when I got back into MMA/UFC after losing interest during college.

That was a great time, PrideFC was amazing, UFC had big stars Chuck, Randy, Tito, Hughes, BJ, GSP

That era was quality > quantity.

UFC had 1 event per month or so and it was generally pretty stacked.

Both orgs had 4 weight classes so there weren't 14 champs and endless divisions filled with regional level fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back