UFC 40 - Vendetta

ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
There is only 1 UFC that I will forever remember the name of

and that is Ortiz vs Shamrock..... Vendetta.

22nd November 2002.

This was the first and only UFC DVD I ever bought.

ken-shamrock-tito-ortiz.png

and what a beast of a card it was, a who's who of UFC Legends from top to bottom....

Featuring, Tito, Shamrock, Chuck, Lawler, Arlovski, Matt Hughes, Matyushenko and more.

p1dd4dD.png

Who is that goof who writed the wikipedia page about this card ? Robbie vs Tiki was stopped because of a cut

the GOAT Phillip Miller kicking off the card.

16 years later, Arlovski and Lawler still on the roster.

Oh Fuck Yes. This is the Event that got me back into MMA after a hiatus. Knew Ken from his early UFC days, and his WWE days. I went into the event rooting for Ken, but came out a Tito Fan. That was a real rivalry and a beating Tito handed him..

Ducked so hard they will fight 3 times..

After Tito had taken in Chuck off the street, fed and clothed him. Then agreed to fight him so he could get PPV points and set Chuck up for life. Good guy Tito.

There is only 1 UFC that I will forever remember the name of

and that is Ortiz vs Shamrock..... Vendetta.

22nd November 2002.

This was the first and only UFC DVD I ever bought.

ken-shamrock-tito-ortiz.png

and what a beast of a card it was, a who's who of UFC Legends from top to bottom....

Featuring, Tito, Shamrock, Chuck, Lawler, Arlovski, Matt Hughes, Matyushenko and more.

p1dd4dD.png
Got it too bud...

But i havent watched it. for a long ass time...

But i do remember, that they put some extra crowd noise on the DVDs for 41..42...like when the fight hit the ground via a takedown.
It was aweful that they did that...it was the same crowd cheering over and over again...like they do it in a video game...
Did they do that for 40 too?

Last edited:
That was around the time i discovered MMA...very very late 2002...
Oh man

That card will always have a special place in my heart. That was the first PPV I ever ordered and I used to have that poster hanging up on my wall haha.

Back