Rumored UFC 306 at the Sphere will be ONE AND DONE!!!

Please someone hack the visuals outside to make a giant screen of Dana with his big bald head and clown shoop

SOURCE: https://www.mmaweekly.com/news/ufc-events-never-returning-to-las-vegas-sphere

Following their inaugural event later this year, reports have surfaced suggesting that the UFC will never return for a second event at the Las Vegas Sphere.

UFC 306 is set to be a historic event in the sport of mixed martial arts. The pay-per-view will take place at the coveted Las Vegas Sphere and is expected to be one of the most unique events in the sport's history.

Although the event at the Sphere could be an innovative new addition to the UFC going forward, it may be a one and done for the promotion. The idea of only hosting one card at the venue was discussed during the recent TKO earnings call.

"It wasn't necessarily built for UFC events. And it will be a one and done. We will do it one and done. "

"That's what Dana White has told us and he's going to make it extra special."
Tyats what they said about the BMF belt don't believe a word he says

Does this imply the UFC doesn't have the production team in place to make the most of the facility, and that they've had to pay over the odds to make it a 'spectacle', or am I being a cynical jerk?

I honestly have no clue what the UFC is going to do at the Sphere. Its not really set up for combat sports. Its not like you can have visuals playing while a fight is taking place. That would be too distracting. And lets be honest, its not like the UFC is known for its production values.

Here's some drone footage that gives a sense of the size of the place. There's a little stage down front

Phish!

<5>

Cheap bastards don’t wanna pay to use the sphere, and keep robbing the fighters lol.

I don't even fucking get why they're doing at the Sphere anyways. It's for music and art, not watching fights lol pretty stupid idea.

Oh yeah! Let’s just do Apex for another gorillion years and also get mad when people say we’re greedy/underpay the talent.

200.gif

Edit: and get poors fired too. and don’t forget powerslap is finna be bigger than soccer .

Any o y’all go to the sphere?? I just got back from Vegas a few weeks ago and did The Sphere ™ tour. The one where they show Postcards From Planet Earth. At first I thought they chose that movie cuz “muh hollywood woke” but it’s kind of a flex, low-key . It highlighted a million different colours and pretty much stunted. It’s actually pretty amazing! Your brain is telling you it’s fake and nothing more than some type o ride, but it feels like you’re actually there! Nuts. Anywhoo Dana claims to love Vegas and it being The Home Of UFC ™ but instead he just does house shows and goes to India or whatever the fuck.

thanks for coming to my Ted talk :)

Back