UFC 274 PBP/Discussion

I was right that Gaethje would be smart enough to hurt him and stand them back up. I was wrong about him fighting a smart fight and point fighting.

White belt gaethje, thanking you for never learning jiu jitsu!

He was hurt. Could've been armbarred, kimura'd or reversed triangled from the first position. He scrambled out and lost the scramble to a very slick grappler, no shame in that. He needed to be Khabib to probably survive at that point.

Can't believe ITD line came to 2,20.Chucky Olives making me money again

Its fucking wild how Charles went from being one of the biggest quitters in MMA to the goddamn terminator of LW. WTF <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Eek2.0>

Drake's curse continues. He had $250.000 on Masvidal vs Colby, and this weekend he had $425.000 on JG.

Its fucking wild how Charles went from being one of the biggest quitters in MMA to the goddamn terminator of LW. WTF <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Eek2.0>

A big part of that would be him not being on death's door entering the cage due to one of the most absurd weight cuts in the history of the sport. He did have the one fight at 155 vs Felder where you could say he kinda quit, but I tend to think that was him still figuring out that at LW his body wouldn't quit on him if he got hurt like it did at FW. Once he realized that...yeah.

I quoted myself in the other thread too, but fuck it...I'm gonna brag a little about how spot on I was with this:

"I think the best way I'd describe it is that the margin of error is so much smaller for Justin than for Charles. Oliveira can make a mistake, get clipped, and still has options. We've seen it play out. Justin can't make even one mistake or his neck is locked up and it's over. That means not getting hurt by strikes OR making even a slight positional grappling mistake. That's too much to ask of him imo."

Rose is in a toxic relationship, pat seems like a bad influence. taking note to avoid fighters with bad coaches.

Back