UFC 231 PBP/Discussion

PuertoRican

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
VDfxSHu.jpg

Main Card (PPV)

Max Holloway (19-3) vs. Brian Ortega (14-0) (Featherweight Championship)
Valentina Shevchenko (15-3) vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk (15-2) (Women's Flyweight Championship)
Alex Oliveira (19-5-1) vs. Gunnar Nelson (16-3-1) (Welterweight)
Hakeem Dawodu (8-1-1) vs. Kyle Bochniak (8-3) (Featherweight)
Jimi Manuwa (17-4) vs. Thiago Santos (19-6) (Light Heavyweight)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Claudia Gadelha (16-3) vs. Nina Ansaroff (9-5) (Women's Strawweight)
Katlyn Chookagian (11-1) vs. Jessica Eye (13-6) (Women's Flyweight)
Eryk Anders (11-2) vs. Elias Theodorou (15-2) (Middleweight)
Olivier Aubin-Mercier (11-3) vs. Gilbert Burns (13-3) (Lightweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Devin Clark (9-2) vs. Aleksandar Rakic (10-1) (Light Heavyweight)
Brad Katona (7-0) vs. Matthew Lopez (10-3) (Bantamweight)
Chad Laprise (13-3) vs. Dhiego Lima (12-7) (Welterweight)
Carlos Diego Ferreira (13-2) vs. Kyle Nelson (14-1) (Lightweight)

Other

- Antonio Carlos Junior and The Ultimate Fighter: Nations middleweight winner Elias Theodorou was initially scheduled to take place at UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Anders. However, Junior pulled out on August 28 due to injury. The pairing was then rescheduled for this event. In turn, on September 13, it was reported that Junior was forced to withdraw as a surgery is required to treat the injury that caused the first cancellation of this bout. On October 1, it was reported that Eryk Anders would replace him.
- A featherweight bout between Renato Moicano and Mirsad Bektic was expected to take place at the event. However, Bektic was forced out of the bout due to an undisclosed injury on November 15. In turn, Moicano is not expected to compete and instead will serve as a "replacement" option in the event that one of the headlining participants is unable to fight at the event.
- John Makdessi was expected to face Carlos Diego Ferreira at the event. However, Makdessi pulled out of the fight on November 28 and was replaced by returning veteran Jesse Ronson that same day.

Took a shot on Clark but mostly on the Over.

Had to take a small stab at Clark +475, 0.25u

Edit: Clarks legs are masssive

Got my money on Holloway, Joanna, Oliveira, Boschniek and Manuwa

Jesus christ. Rakic survived all them knees then obliterates Clark. What a roller coaster of a round.

That fight was completely nuts

Why did Clark have to give me hope? I came into this expecting to lose smh

That first round was a beautiful promise for more upcoming nuttiness for the rest of the night. :D

Clark looked live immediately but then well... Clark gonna Clark.

At least Rakic will be more reasonably priced in his next fight. Tokk Ferreira DEC small in the next one.

Training with Winkeljohn should've been autofade for the longest time.

Rakic ITD was great. Chalky Ferreira ML here.

Let's see what this new guy, Kyle Nelson, has to offer.

I haven't seen him fight before, but I assume he'll fight in a way to stop Ferreira from paying off his salary on DraftKings.

Back