UFC 230 Headliner

That would be pretty wild...

But when's the last time there was a PPV card that wasn't headlined by a title fight? I guess if both Diaz's are on the card they could consider that big enough to not need a title fight. I don't know that Robbie would be ready though.

UFC 202 I think? Which was headlined by none other than a Diaz brother.

<{jackyeah}>

Rumor has it there is a new super young prospect in Bellator named Erik Silva who might be coming over to try to his tiny little child-like hands in the UFC.

I just hope it’s not too much too soon.

Maybe they've got brock another exemption and it's dc vs brock?

Think that's more likely than Jones being magically cleared to fight.

TJ/Cejudo for the BW/FLW belt

Woodley v Covington Unification bout
TJ v Cejudo for the 135lb belt
Shevchenko v Joanna for the 125lb

still time for three titles..

During the UFC 228 broadcast, Rogan bragged with the giddy excitement of a little girl that he knows something we don't in regards to the UFC 230 headliner. Sounds like we aren't far away from an announcement.

Who could it be? For those of you saying Tyron/Colby, these comments by Rogan were made before the Tyron/Till fight, so I think we can with certainty eliminate a WW title fight as headliner. MW title fight is happening next year, LW title fight is scheduled, FW title fight is scheduled, Cyborg/Nunes is scheduled, DC/Brock can't happen until March and DC definitely isn't taking another HW fight before that.

So, the only realistic options are:
DC/Jones III for the LHW belt
DC/Gus for the LHW belt
Jones/Gus for the LHW belt
TJ/Cejudo for the BW/FLW belt

It can't be anything other than one of these 4 fights, can it? Any other ideas? My guess is DC/Gus, I can't see Jones coming back until next year. But I wouldn't be shocked if they made TJ/Cejudo.
I want it to be Woodley-GSP, only bc it would be hilarious for your boy Colby to get jumped for a TS for the 2nd time. Not like he cares though, he seems very happy with his fake belt and fighting on Twitter. He's so badass:rolleyes:

Jones vs Cain

Even though this is probably remote... I like this better than any other match listed.

Especially if Cain comes back top shape.

Sea Level Cain vs Bucket of roids Jones would be a feast for JBG

Most likely not true. He is fucking around doing stuff and definitely no where near a fight camp. Not GSP's thing to take short notice fights

a tricycle?

fekin girl..

If Joe sounded "giddy with excitement" it's definitely not DC/Gus. My guess is that Jones is returning against DC

If Joe sounded "giddy with excitement" it's definitely not DC/Gus. My guess is that Jones is returning against DC
You're probably right. Everything is pointing in that direction.

I admire DC for wanting g a 3rd crack but.... If he loses again then how is he gonna feel? I guess he doesn't really care at this point as he knows that he had just 2 fights to go so he's like "f*ck it I wanna 'nother crack at Jones". He' ll make millions but he is driven by his desire for a jones victory more than any cash. You have to admire his no-fear approach.

Why else would he be that excited? (edit : sorry misread it..... ROGAN was apparently all giddy, not DC) And yes if he is going to fit in 2 more fights then it's *probable* one will have to be pre-2019 so..... Why not New York, New York? Let's go!!

Last edited:
Joe could be excited about anything but if he knows then I’d guess it would be announced tuesday or Wednesday. The only dates the nfl doesn’t control headlines this time of year

It could be Jon but there's still no news on him and I doubt DC is fighting at LHW that quickly. Also Bork can't fight until the new year, no one knows what Gus is up to anymore, and GSP only wants McGregor or Khabib.

When I look at all the pieces of the puzzle and start putting them together I keep coming back to one fight the world has been waiting for.

Nick-Diaz-Robbie-Lawler.png

Lawler should be ready to go, Nick and Nate would be on the same card at MSG, and the roof would blow off the arena. The world would make sense again for just one night.

9F128D31-91EE-4A3A-94ED-3F93846FF4DF.gif
No one outside of the true hardcore fans here on Sherdog would even know who these fighters are. No chance.

It’d be a great fight, but this does less buys than 228.

I think its gonna be JJ/Schev for the 125lb belt, or possibly Rose/Schev

Well if it were up to me it'd be Jacare vs Shoeface.

View attachment 434729
No one outside of the true hardcore fans here on Sherdog would even know who these fighters are. No chance.

It’d be a great fight, but this does less buys than 228.

It will happen. It must happen. Believe in the power of violence and place your faith in the JBG my brother.

<{natewhut}>

<28>

Back