UFC 230 Headliner

DS66

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
During the UFC 228 broadcast, Rogan bragged with the giddy excitement of a little girl that he knows something we don't in regards to the UFC 230 headliner. Sounds like we aren't far away from an announcement.

Who could it be? For those of you saying Tyron/Colby, these comments by Rogan were made before the Tyron/Till fight, so I think we can with certainty eliminate a WW title fight as headliner. MW title fight is happening next year, LW title fight is scheduled, FW title fight is scheduled, Cyborg/Nunes is scheduled, DC/Brock can't happen until March and DC definitely isn't taking another HW fight before that.

So, the only realistic options are:
DC/Jones III for the LHW belt
DC/Gus for the LHW belt
Jones/Gus for the LHW belt
TJ/Cejudo for the BW/FLW belt

It can't be anything other than one of these 4 fights, can it? Any other ideas? My guess is DC/Gus, I can't see Jones coming back until next year. But I wouldn't be shocked if they made TJ/Cejudo.

Could it be GSP?
Most likely not true. He is fucking around doing stuff and definitely no where near a fight camp. Not GSP's thing to take short notice fights

I don't think DC can make 205 by then

He's looking thicc

Mackenzie Dern vs Roxanne Modaffari?

If not Woodley vs. Colby then TJ vs. Moraes would be a great co-main. Guaranteed fireworks.

I'd love to see DC vs. Jones 3.
Fook it.

OR

Jones vs. Gus 2.
Rematch needs to happen.

I don't see DC fighting anybody before Brock EXCEPT Jones. I know he truly believes he can beat Jones and we know how bad he wants another shot. Gus can be on standby if Jones messes it up.

Could it be GSP?
The wildcard is GSP/Anderson.... but I can't see GSP taking this fight for a variety of different reasons. Number one being that it doesn't really do anything for his legacy at this point to fight way over the hill 43 year-old Silva in a meaningless fight at 185.

There's nobody else for GSP to fight in November.

I really think Jon will be back, and I'd say that it sucks, but frankly, I don't care.

If he does get reinstated, I hope that they curb stomp USADA though. No need to pretend like they actually care about cleaning the sport.

PS: I do find Jon entertaining, so seeing him fight again would be a plus, I guess.

So, the only realistic options are:
DC/Jones III for the LHW belt
DC/Gus for the LHW belt
Jones/Gus for the LHW belt
Yeah i'd say one of those 3 OR as Roidz said, maybe Jones vs Cain.

I too looked at DC in the pre-PPV chat in front of the cageand he does still look BIG and i'm thinking.... Christ he CAN'T be cutting back to LHW for his next fight surely? Maybe but i just cannot see it.
I suppose it's a possibility that DC fights Jones at Heavyweight but if he LOSES then he probably ain't fighting Brock.

So yeah I agree, UFC230 Main Event is going to be announced soon, whatever it is. This week i would imagine.

It could be Jon but there's still no news on him and I doubt DC is fighting at LHW that quickly. Also Bork can't fight until the new year, no one knows what Gus is up to anymore, and GSP only wants McGregor or Khabib.

When I look at all the pieces of the puzzle and start putting them together I keep coming back to one fight the world has been waiting for.

Nick-Diaz-Robbie-Lawler.png

Lawler should be ready to go, Nick and Nate would be on the same card at MSG, and the roof would blow off the arena. The world would make sense again for just one night.

It could be Jon but there's still no news on him and I doubt DC is fighting at LHW that quickly. Also Bork can't fight until the new year, no one knows what Gus is up to anymore, and GSP only wants McGregor or Khabib.

When I look at all the pieces of the puzzle and start putting them together I keep coming back to one fight the world has been waiting for.

Nick-Diaz-Robbie-Lawler.png

Lawler should be ready to go, Nick and Nate would be on the same card at MSG, and the roof would blow off the arena. The world would make sense again for just one night.
That would be pretty wild...

But when's the last time there was a PPV card that wasn't headlined by a title fight? I guess if both Diaz's are on the card they could consider that big enough to not need a title fight. I don't know that Robbie would be ready though.

Back