UFC 229...No Bars Showing It???

probably because portland is gay, did you consider the fact that its super gay there?

Portland is dying. Move out now
giphy.gif

All bars ordering the PPV also have to stock Conor's whiskey, it's in his contract.

If they add more wmma “fights” and move Conor/Khabib down to co-main and put on a wmma main, then people will be interested and the bars will show it.

Checked again this morning. With just over three weeks to go, still no bars have confirmed to show it.
Anyone else finding the same thing? Can't be just here in Portland.

once in a lifetime event and you want to go to a bar? just buy it!

Hard to book bars when there is no guarantee that Conor will show
How many fights has Conor withdrawn from? Is it zero? I think you know it is

How many fights has Khabib withdrawn from? Oh, it's not zero?

Hmm.

Checked again this morning. With just over three weeks to go, still no bars have confirmed to show it.
Anyone else finding the same thing? Can't be just here in Portland.

You might just have to start calling unconfirmed places.

There is only one confirmed in DFW, ~80 unconfirmed.

How many fights has Conor withdrawn from? Is it zero? I think you know it is

How many fights has Khabib withdrawn from? Oh, it's not zero?

Hmm.

Yes but Conor's behavior headomg into this fight shows that he is clearly shook.

There's already 54 bars listed as showing UFC 229 within a 10 mile radius of me, including the 4 main ones that I go to. Something must be wrong with your city.

My local BWW hasn't confirmed the fight yet either. I guess if there are no posters up in the next couple weeks, it's not being shown there.

once in a lifetime event and you want to go to a bar? just buy it!
I will if I have to but I prefer watching at a crowded bar full of MMA fans. Ed Herman's family used to show up when the UFC was shown at the Belmont Inn, but then the cost to show UFC went WAY up and most of the usual places stopped showing the PPVs.

I Didn’t know they even had cable available in Portland yet

I just checked at ufc.com to see which bars in my area (Portlandia) are showing it, and none have confirmed. WTF? There's less than a month until the event.

Could the UFC be charging a monumental sum? I hope not, this is the fight I have wanted for a long time and I need to watch in a bar filled with drunks like me.
Don’t check UFC.com, check with the bars that usually show it, they might not want to pay 25-50k or whatever the licensing fee is

Back