UFC 229: McGregor vs Khabib

Agree to disagree fellas. We could go back and forth arguing this all day. Can't believe this is actually being looked at as a 50/50 fight. I hope the odds reflect this so I can max Khabib
Well there is a risk that Conor defends the first takedowns in round 1 and cathes Khabib on the chin . Its fuckin possible but if he doesnt than Khabib takes him out after r2. Conors cardio sucks

Anyway no need to further discussion. Its a clear 50/50.
There are other fights to discuss.
For example Tony Martin against Laflare. I like Tony as a dog here. He did well against Nakamura and his stand up is better than Laflares. Question is if his cardio holds up against the grinding of Laflare

I think conor via tko in the first is worth a play if the price is right

I agree with most of your picks pig but why are you so confident on martin? He does have a chance but a Laflare grindfest is the most likely outcome imo. St preux vs reyes is risky too. They both throw fire. Volkov, kunitskaya, patrick, omalley and pettis vs formiga dec are lovely. Lentz should win too.

yeah reyes/osp is a pass for me but i would have taken a shot on reyes itd with a better price.

playing the value with martin. sure a laflare grindfest is possible but i think martin is good enough to stuff shots and win on the feet.

I'm gonna be in Vegas for UFC 229.

Anyone know of a good spot to watch the fights at? I'm sure there wont be a lack of places playing them, but can anyone recommend a place that they like?

I'd go to them, but instead of buying tickets, I'm throwing a little over a grand on Khabib.

For research purposes

I will repeat again, there are sooo many better spots here than trying to guess if Conor KO's Khabib early or gets ragdolled. Volkov is -170, for example.
Fucking love Volkov at that price. Been waiting for a good a spot to fade BB.

I endorse the Tony Martin circle jerk. He's my biggest bet so far. Think this is going to close in the pick em range.

He showed so much potential for so long but couldn't put it all together. Dominant round 1's vs Dariush + Magomedov before gassing bc of acid reflux. Then once cardio was solved he wasn't as dominant early bc weight cut was catching up to him. Now he finally is at the right weight class with no cardio issues, and he looked phenomenal vs Nakamura who IMO is a solid opponent.

Ryan LaFlare OTOH keeps eking out decisions vs low tier fighters and at age 34 doesn't have any new tricks for us.

Really feels like these odds should be flipped.

What do y'all think about Aspen Ladd vs Evinger?

Before I watch tape on it, I won 2u off of Ladd in her last fight, however, I remember thinking that she didn't look impressive at all. But she was fighting a world champ in BJJ, so she was probably more hesitant than usual to let her hands go.

I was actually impressed that Evinger survived as long as she did against Cyborg, but it wasn't that big of a surprise, from the other fights I've watched of hers, she's tough.

My initial lean is Evinger at near even odds. Will update after watching more tape on the two.

I remember Waterson being so out of breath after the win was announced.

WPIlm0X.jpg

Looks like she enjoyed her summer as well .... hard fight to predict.

Last edited:
Been having some issues with 5dimes lately, thinking about switching books. I'm American. I like dimes because of the prices and the props. Are there any better books that offer early props like dimes does? I have betdsi too but there are very few props. Any suggestions?

yeah reyes/osp is a pass for me but i would have taken a shot on reyes itd with a better price.

playing the value with martin. sure a laflare grindfest is possible but i think martin is good enough to stuff shots and win on the feet.
OAM used a lot of basic inside and outside trips to take Martin down recently. Laflare is more of a double leg/single leg kind of guy but his wrestling is so high level I think he will adapt to whatever TDD Martin has, and get him down. However, Martin's BJJ could save him from getting his guard passed, and make it a boring stalling fight on the ground, which could go his way on the scorecards.

OAM used a lot of basic inside and outside trips to take Martin down recently. Laflare is more of a double leg/single leg kind of guy but his wrestling is so high level I think he will adapt to whatever TDD Martin has, and get him down. However, Martin's BJJ could save him from getting his guard passed, and make it a boring stalling fight on the ground, which could go his way on the scorecards.
What I noticed in his last fight he didnt sprawl against Nakamuras takedowns but he has a ,,submision takedown defense " first time he snaped him in a guilotine and the second into a kimura. Thats a concern for me if he gives up takedowns like this against Laflare. He slowed down in r3 too

I like showtime. Tony is on a bit of a lucky streak.

He was nearly finished by Lando + Trujillo in round 1. RDA would have been a loss in a 3 round fight (albeit still much better than Showtime’s loss vs RDA). Lee may have beat him if he didn’t gas due to staph.

Tony is 34, coming off an injury, feels like his luck may be due to run out. But still don’t see it being easy for Showtime and Tony is such a unique fighter it’s hard to be confident. Would be more comfy at +3xx odds but not sure they will come. I’ll definitely have something on pettis, just not sure how much

No chance pettis goes to 4.0 lol

Waterson besides her looks (flap flap) is very overrated, Felice is the right side in this fight.

I smell a upset here, Tony is coming back from a big injury and Pettis normaly struggles against wrestlers. Tony doesnt have ko power and his ofensive wrestling isnt that great too

Disagree that KH is overated. She has a great skillset but is simply in the wrong weightclass. Outsized and weaker than every opponent. Im surprised ufc didnt make a weightclass for her..

I will repeat again, there are sooo many better spots here than trying to guess if Conor KO's Khabib early or gets ragdolled. Volkov is -170, for example.

Degens gonna degen..

Been having some issues with 5dimes lately, thinking about switching books. I'm American. I like dimes because of the prices and the props. Are there any better books that offer early props like dimes does? I have betdsi too but there are very few props. Any suggestions?
Bookmaker offers a lot of props as well closer to the fights, but 5Dimes has props earlier than any other book and some props that no other book has, so I would suggest keeping accounts on both.

Im sick at home and I have more time to focus on this event etc

Ryan LaFlare (13-2) vs. Tony Martin (12-4)
I really like Tony Martin, he isnt cuting now so much weight and he fits good to ww.
I think he has a good chance to win this, he has better stand up and if his tdd holds on point than he should win a dec here.
PICK: Tony Martin

Gray Maynard (14-7-1, 1NC) vs. Nik Lentz (30-9-2, 1NC)
I dont know, two shot fighters... at this odds I like kinda Maynard.
PICK: Dog or pass

Scott Holtzman (11-2) vs. Alan Patrick (15-1)
Brasilian judo Khabib should win a dec here with multiple takedowns .
PICK: Alan Patrick

Lina Länsberg (8-3) vs. Yana Kunitskaya (10-4-0, 1NC)
Yana should grind a dec here
PICK: Yana Kunitskaya

Aspen Ladd (6-0) vs. Tonya Evinger (19-6, 1NC)
This fight is a pass for me, 50/50
PASS
Sergio Pettis (17-3) vs. Jussia Formiga (21-5)
Sergio showed improved tdd in his last fight, he should win a dec here if his tdd holds on because he is better in stand up than Formiga.
PICK: Sergio Pettis

Sean O’Malley (10-0) vs. Jose Quinonez (8-2)
I pick the next big thing , Sean O Malley . Lets do this !
PICK: Sean O Malley

Michelle Waterson (15-6) vs. Felice Herrig (14-7)
Felice Herring will be bigger, she has good wrestling and I believe she will win a dec here. Michelle (flap flap )is fuckin hot but thats her only advantage on Herrig.
PICK: Felice Herrig

Derrick Lewis (20-5, 1 NC) vs. Alexander Volkov (29-6)
Lewis sucks but he has good power, he finds ways to win but I think Volkov can keep him on range and avoid Lewis big bombs.
PICK: Volkov

Ovince Saint Preux (22-11) vs. Dominick Reyes (9-0)
Well I favour Reyes because he is a good prospect with legit ko power and wrestling background (?)
Betting wise is this fight a pass for me because OSP is his first big test,we will see if he passes.
PASS

Tony Ferguson (25-3) vs. Anthony Pettis (21-7)
Very fuckin tricky fight, people who play Tony are dumb. Odds sucks and you know what ? He can lose against Pettis.
Tony is coming from a big injury, and Pettis might attack his damaged leg . I smell a upset.
PICK: DOG OR PASS

Khabib Nurmagomedov (c)(26-0) vs. Conor McGregor (21-3)*
This fight is 50/50 it will be KHABIB TIME OR CONOR CATCHES HIM WITH A COUNTER LEFT.
PICK: DOG OR PASS

<CroCop1>

Hoping that Laflare gets closer to evens. Dude's put the grind on just about everybody successfully, even managed it for the first round against Cowboy before getting caught insanely hard. Martin isn't BR Cowboy in athleticism or power, and got grinded by OAM. Nakamura's not a particularly good win, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back