PBP UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

For those saying Conor was the victim. Conor punched khabibs brother first. Way before he got jumped.

Go to 3:26

Now there is video proof

For those saying Conor was the victim. Conor punched khabibs brother first. Way before he got jumped.

Go to 3:26

Now there is video proof

Dont think anyone questioned connor being involved. At least not me. My only point was, people saying that connor punching khabib’s brother instigated the brawl. Thats simply not true. Clearly, you can see in the video that khabib had already super fly snuka’d DD before connor reacted. Khabib struck first, connor reacted, the cowards jumped in from behind. At least connor hit khabib’s brother in the face. Either way, khabib and connor are both morons. I honestly watched this card for two fights...fergie/pettis, and lewis/volkov. I couldnt care less if mcdummy or khaweenie fight again. Against each other or anyone else.

Yeah, thought as much lol

You thought nothing but possibilities "It could've" been bad, people "may" have been hurt. The reality Conor lost... Nobody got hurt but your hurt feelings for Conor the Prince of posers. I
Bet you were talking sh!t too about Conor's touch of death left hand that no man can withstand.

tumblr_inline_pg7ps2nmbV1r6jb6k_540.gif

Last edited:
Question for you guys (or gals)??? Just a hypothetical, I'm curious. Let's say they all get passed this, Khabib keeps his belt after a short suspension and fine. Does UFC give Conor a rematch (which he has said today he wants) right away, like it being Khabibs and Conor's next fight or does Conor have to fight someone else first. I ask as it would be so unfair to Tony and other lightweight contenders. Then again ufc usually only cares about the draw and money... What do you guys(gals) think?

Conor's striking look very rusty,if you compare him to his striking in 2016 when he beat Alvarez you can see big difference.
Ring rust is real,2 years.

I saw many opportunities that old conor would knock him the fuck out.Khabib connecting on him with right overhand tells me something was wrong,no counter,nothing.

I think he maybe had problems going into this fight or ring rust

Take a look at the overhead camera angle when Khabib steps in to throw the right. Someone on here already posted a GIF of it. You can see Conor hop back just a bit, expecting to defend against another takedown. In doing so he left his head more exposed and probably never expected that brutal shot. I hadn't given it much thought until seeing that angle but I think one of the reasons Conor wasn't effectively countering with his signature left was precisely because he was so concerned about takedowns, and rightfully so as it turns out. I was surprised Conor recovered from that shot as quickly as he did.

Take a look at the overhead camera angle when Khabib steps in to throw the right. Someone on here already posted a GIF of it. You can see Conor hop back just a bit, expecting to defend against another takedown. In doing so he left his head more exposed and probably never expected that brutal shot. I hadn't given it much thought until seeing that angle but I think one of the reasons Conor wasn't effectively countering with his signature left was precisely because he was so concerned about takedowns, and rightfully so as it turns out. I was surprised Conor recovered from that shot as quickly as he did.
Mate what are you talking about?He didnt even move his hands bro nothing.

His coach John Kavanagh will be tommorow at JRE podcast hopefully we get some news wtf was going on.

However this turned out to be bad for both of them,but Khabib is a monster no doubt

Dont think anyone questioned connor being involved. At least not me. My only point was, people saying that connor punching khabib’s brother instigated the brawl. Thats simply not true. Clearly, you can see in the video that khabib had already super fly snuka’d DD before connor reacted. Khabib struck first, connor reacted, the cowards jumped in from behind. At least connor hit khabib’s brother in the face. Either way, khabib and connor are both morons. I honestly watched this card for two fights...fergie/pettis, and lewis/volkov. I couldnt care less if mcdummy or khaweenie fight again. Against each other or anyone else.

Conor is a coward for sucker punching Khabib's brother, the other guy sucker punching Conor is karma.

conor going to make $50m

Khabib lucky if he gets 10pc of that

Tony ferguson will make $150k

In my view there is only one winner here and all ye haters are salty whinebags

F**K THE MCGRUDGERS

Right because its
conor going to make $50m

F**K THE MCGRUDGERS

Oh shut up, you nuthugger. Why do you Conor dickriders talk about his money so much? Do you think he's going to send you a check? Conor eats at expensive restaurants precisely so he doesn't have to sit next to dummies like you, and YOU GUYS ARE THE ONES PAYING FOR IT. Let him go back to boxing and make another 100 million, it still wont save him getting killed by Khabib again.

Mate what are you talking about?He didnt even move his hands bro nothing.

His coach John Kavanagh will be tommorow at JRE podcast hopefully we get some news wtf was going on.

However this turned out to be bad for both of them,but Khabib is a monster no doubt

Just my take on that one shot, and there could be more to it. I think the first round took more out of Conor than he let on with the smiles & all after getting up.

I agree this turned out badly. I really hated to see that. I like Khabib and I wish he could have kept his cool. I don't like McGregor's style or attitude but I do respect his ability even if it's sort of one-dimensional. I respect him a little more for not pressing charges.

Question for you guys (or gals)??? Just a hypothetical, I'm curious. Let's say they all get passed this, Khabib keeps his belt after a short suspension and fine. Does UFC give Conor a rematch (which he has said today he wants) right away, like it being Khabibs and Conor's next fight or does Conor have to fight someone else first. I ask as it would be so unfair to Tony and other lightweight contenders. Then again ufc usually only cares about the draw and money... What do you guys(gals) think?
I feel like the instant rematch isn't as money. Make Khabib/Tony and McGregor/Pettis or whatever, hope they both win, and if they don't win you still have a money fight even if no titles are involved. But it's entirely possible that the UFC just tosses them back together. I like to let things simmer.

If Khabib is stripped then, Connor and Tony could fight for the vacant belt and then face Khabib post suspension maybe. Then can see if connor still has a role to play in UFC. If UFC wants to be taken serious as a sports organisation and not a WWE sports entertainment they will have to suspend Khabib for a while and strip him. If a champion boxer did that be lucky not to get a lifetime ban. This is from a UFC casual not connor fan.

conor going to make $50m

F**K THE MCGRUDGERS

Both complete idiots though! for the way they handled stuff. I hope there is no rematch
Yesterday was a day of national disgrace for the country of Ireland.
Their fighter gave up....then got gang assaulted....His team got attacked ....and the irish fans, although outnumbering everyone else like ten to one, were getting knocked out left and right ..... and all they did in response...was step back while singing "Ole Ole".....like a bunch of drunken cowards.
Pathetic
WOW! Listen yo tough guy you! lol

You thought nothing but possibilities "It could've" been bad, people "may" have been hurt. The reality Conor lost nobody got hurt but your hurt feelings for Conor the Prince of posers.

I knew it would not be long before you sent as low as the other Conor haters by calling me a Conor lover lol.

Have you read what I have been writing lol

Back