UFC 229 is Not Looking Good

Because it's like boxing. They are spending all of the money on Conor and Khabib. Conor probably making 40 mill and 90% ppv and khabib probably making 500-800k. Not much left for everyone else.

I only see 6 fights. Don’t most UFC cards have 12 or 13?

UQJs12z.png

I don't get it, why would they put together such a bad card when you have Khabib vs Conor as the main event?

Seriously, I expected them to put together some crazy card leading to the main event but they don't even have a decent co-main. This is disappointing.

UFC 230 is way more stacked. I mean they have the following on the main card,

Ronaldo Souza vs. David Branch
Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Costa
Dustin Poirier vs. Nate Diaz
Derek Brunson vs. Israel Adesanya
Lyman Good vs. Sultan Aliev

Why didn't they schedule some of those fights on UFC 229 instead? They are just a month apart.

What do you guys think about the card?

You can't be this dumb.

I'm hoping they have Cormier/Gus 2 headline UFC 229 and have Conor/Khabib moved to UFC 230.

Even if that's the final main card, it will likely sell more than any other PPV this year. It would however make sense if the UFC put on a couple of great fights so that more fighters get the possibility to reach a big audience. The only fight on that card I'm interested in except the main event is Karate Hottie vs Ferrig solely because both of them are eye candy. A bit strange to put OSP against Reyes whom I have never heard of before, OSP is still a decent name but he is better suited against someone of similar name recognition.

yeah, you'd figure they'd put some effort into supporting it - the rest of that card is garbage.

They wont have other big fights on the card so that Khabib and Mcgregor don't have to share ppv Points. It will sell regardless. I feel as though they'll use this card and Conors hype to display up and coming talent. Wouldnt be suprised to see O'Malley on the main card

Conor will probably still sell the card better than 230. He has enough star power on his own.
Lol at "probably"

He will and it won't even be close.

Conor is projected to do 2 million buys

As others have said, why stacl fights on here when every one only cares about Conor, and when you can save other fights for more cards. Conor would do 1million+ against the stadium janitor. Conor is the biggest star in combat sports history who always sells no matter against who

Plus it works in Conor's favor that other champs and fighters can no longer LEECH PPV points OFF of Conor's star power and Conor's brand

It's a win win for both Conor and UFC

I think the goal with a huge Conor event is to put young prospects on Conor's undercard, who you want Conor to give exposure to and showcase

That's the time to put the prospects out there. If they impress as all eyes are watching Conor, then they will gain a ton of exposure that nothing else could ever beat

Sean O'Malley would be perfect. They really need to put him on Conor's undercard to help grow O'Malley. It works even better since O'Malley looks up to Conor.

I don't get why they wouldn't take advantage of all the eyes that are going to be on Conor/Khabib to promote future stars such as Darren Till, Paulo Costa etc..
Till and Costa are better used beefing up events either side of 229, which is a guaranteed home run.

As for promoting the future, Dominick Reyes is on there. And there are still another six fights to be announced.

That can't be right. If Ryan LaFlare is co-main eventing that will be the last card I ever even bother to watch.

Shitty card, but who cares Conor is in it.

This card will sell like pancakes....and I'm really interested in Karate Hottie's pancakes.(if you know what I mean)

so many
That’s sad, lol. They’re ruining the vibe of the whole event. When the main cards stacked you get to build your anticipation for the main event and enjoy the card as a whole when each fight has meaning. I’d only watch the main event for this card and move right the fuck along.

i think conor`s promotion doesnt want any ppv fighters on that card, so they earn more money.
that should be the reason why this card looks like a worse fight night card.

Back