UFC 228 prelims do lowest number in past year

Prelims were fucking awesome as well. Was a really great show from beginning to end.

I don’t understand how so many ppl itt are blaming Woodley for the prelim numbers.

@FrankieNYC Is UFC now worth 7 billion or was that the most egregious bald-faced lie from the bald one ever answer my question it's about numbers that's what youre here for right? Flex your shit.

Don't bother, you're probably on his ignore list like 70% of everyone on the site

I don’t understand how so many ppl itt are blaming Woodley for the prelim numbers.

Its SD
People like to blame & cause debates.

But usually a good PPV from a buy standpoint does good prelim numbers, so it is not a good sign.

Its SD
People like to blame & cause debates.

But usually a good PPV from a buy standpoint does good prelim numbers, so it is not a good sign.
I hear ya, but a good ppv from a buy standpoint is loaded with big names and interesting matchups from beginning to end. Look at Conor’s last card for the ufc. Granted it was the first NYC card but even if you put Tony in Conor’s spot on the card it was still basically stacked from beginning to end. I think the matchmakers create that correlation imo.B6CCFE1F-E253-4B50-B2D7-84F4EE815331.jpeg

Gaethje vs Vick was a FN card, this one was a PPV, guess they are the lowest PPV-prelim numbers not the lowest prelim numbers overall.

Yes, he only compared prelims in the article

Gaethje vs Vick was a FN card, this one was a PPV, guess they are the lowest PPV-prelim numbers not the lowest prelim numbers overall.

Yeah but PPV prelims on FX vs Gaethje-Vick on FS1 seems pretty comparable... I guess the numbers didn't jump out at me as much because of how low the FN ratings were, but tbh I don't recall the last few PPV prelim ratings which would be a more direct comparison... i assume they are down?

Next event will smash records

There will still be UFC is dying threads

Is normal

Is Sherdog

People are probably going to bash me for this, but the Woodley-Till fight was a snorefest. That first round was cringe-worthy and physically painful to watch. This is what you get when your main fight is crap.
Yeah.. the feeling out process is so boring guys I mean totally. RUN OUT AND BANG BRO. There was more activity in that first round and it ended in a 2nd round sub with nasty GnP. I see no complaints even with Sherdogs standards. Just one little bitch. (Jokes)
In all seriousness it was a good 5 mins even for a feel out round. You sure you like MMA?

not surprised

the main card was a load of shit

A combination of the UFC 228 prelims being moved to unfamiliar territory on FX, college football competition, along with no major interest in the show, led to the lowest numbers in one year.

Saturday’s show averaged 560,000 viewers, peaking with 683,000 viewers for the Tatiana Suarezwin over Carla Esparza in the final of the four matches on the show.

It was the lowest number since the prelims before UFC 215, held on Sept. 9, 2017. That night saw a series of circumstances that hurt the number, notably the Walker Cup golf tournament going long and delaying the start of the FS 1 show by one hour, leading the second hour to only do 418,000 viewers, before the Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko headlined show, which ended up being among the lowest pay-per-view number in modern company history with about 100,000 buys.

That's a bummer. I want this sport to thrive.

Back