PBP UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Except that Cejudo put almost no effort into doing anything except holding DJ down. DJ certainly had something to do with that, but there were obvious points where Cejudo decided, "You know what, I'm just going to lie here because I'm bigger than you and this works." That's the definition of lay and pray.
LnP is taking a fighter down and "praying" not to get stood up. At no point was the fight even remotely close to getting stood up

unknown.png

Who is this

She co-starred in that one movie like 10 years ago with the old white man to her left. You know the movie where they were neighbors and that girl’s idiot brother tried to steal some old car that he ended up being gifted anyways in the end.

She co-starred in that one movie like 10 years ago with the old white man to her left. You know the movie where they were neighbors and that girl’s idiot brother tried to steal some old car that he ended up being gifted anyways in the end.
<{clintugh}>

LnP is taking a fighter down and "praying" not to get stood up. At no point was the fight even remotely close to getting stood up
And that's exactly what Cejudo did. However, he did it with very little time in either round though. Especially the 2nd time, with around a minute left, it would have been a pretty questionable standup.

I'm "disappointed" in Cody, being he was doing fine when making TJ search for angles. But when he stayed in the pocket, he keeps his left hand down when he throws his right hook, and gets caught up in a brawl. Cody is best when he fights off of angles and throws the right straight down the pipe. I was happy that he used more kicks this time around, but again, his emotions took over once he wobbled TJ early. He's still young and has a long career ahead of him imo, so I hope he stays confident, learns from these two losses, and goes fwd. I believe he will get the belt again one day. But will it be vs TJ when he does? That I doubt considering TJ's age and the reality that it will take Cody a few fights to get himself back into title contention.

I don't wanna see TJ vs Cejudo just yet, I think Cejudo and the UFC owe DJ the rematch first at 125, and if Cejudo wins, he needs to defend vs Joe B, Ortiz and Formiga, and then defend the 1-2 times after those fights, before talking about taking on the 135lb Champ. I would like to see TJ fight Cruz next, then Moraes, a third fight vs Assuncao, and defend 1-2 more times after those fights, before taking a fight outside of the weight class. I would even like to see Edgar go down to 135 if Moraes gets beat by TJ, and fight TJ.

You'd be hard pressed to find a fighter that looked better than Dillashaw tonight.

Bigger guys just don't move this way and keep up that type of pace.

Hard to really assess the win due to the fact he was fighting an idiot!

Walking into the same punch 3 times in 5 seconds... "You want fries with that".. start learning that phrase Cody.

Congrats to the champ!

Killashaw!!!!!

Cobra on top again, feed him Dom or Henry up next.

I can't decide if you're disputing that Cejudo laid and prayed. He's no Fitch, but he basically won that fight off of two takedowns and three accumulated minutes of lying on top of DJ.

Either way, I'm not a new fan.

Well you're new around here, so I get how you feel that way. But I'd watch the fight again or at least highlights. You could easily say all DJ did was throw kicks trying to keep distance... when you've seen the evolution slowly play out since UFC 1, and even some of the Pride stuff once you remove the freakshow bouts, you'll see Henry did nothing but exploit DJs weaknesses same as Hughes/Gracie or Williams/Coleman

Not a bad card. So glad MM lost. Fuck your point fighting. Finish a fucking fight. He was jacking off and lost it. I hope Cejudo will be a better champ. Many more match ups now for the FLW title. And FUCK YEAH, TJ fucked up Cody again. That was glorious!!!

2nd place on Tapology brah, I predikt diz tingz. Won some nice money as well.

52344-1459105.png

Wow! Very entertaining fights. Mighty Mouse will come back, great win for Cejudo congratulations to him on winning the belt! Very entertaining fight between Dillashaw and Cody! We saw who is better now great win for Dillashaw!

Card was damn good! Solid scraps and solid wins!

I am NOT disappoint!

Back