UFC 226: Rooting against Cormier

DC winning the HW belt means we get DC vs Jones III for the HW belt. Jones would 100% take this fight. So much to gain.

I think DC wins & rather comfortably, Stipe is so lucky to come along at a time when the Heavyweight division has fallen apart.

Not sure what happens afterwards but surely DC will be either dropping back down to defend against Gus or staying at HW to fight Curtis & I'm cool with either of those.

Titles are pointless. Just enjoy each individual fight.

Also, stop rooting for fighters like you're 12 years old. Root for good fights.

Would be funny if DC beats Stipe and retires. Just to make the UFC even shittier.

I can't decide who to root for. I really like both of them. There have been times wherein I've liked both fighters but had a clear preference in who I pulled for, this match I honestly don't know. I want them both to win. Can they both win?

DC winning the HW belt means we get DC vs Jones III for the HW belt. Jones would 100% take this fight. So much to gain.
you know what, i like this. but make it for both of Daniel's belts.

Titles are pointless. Just enjoy each individual fight.
thanks for the advice, dad. but no, I'll continue to care about titles in professional sports.

Also, stop rooting for fighters like you're 12 years old. Root for good fights.
lol. this guy is too mature to have a favorite team in sports.

you're a really cool guy.

thanks for the advice, dad. but no, I'll continue to care about titles in professional sports.

lol. this guy is too mature to have a favorite team in sports.

you're a really cool guy.

Thanks for recognizing that I son'd you.

This isn't team sports though, you dumb fuck

I like Daniel, but I have to root against him because he has a foot out of the door, and for selfish reasons as a fan, i don't want more confusion and mayhem with the titles.

so i guess the question is, do you want someone to win a belt when you know they won't be sticking around to defend it?
Man I love both dudes. I think DC wins though. Will be a fun fight.

I don't think that if he wins he'll go out.

He'll have a few more fights.

So, I don't mind him winning.
But I good for any of them to be honest.

I really can't see why anyone could hate either of these guys. Its going to be a war. I wouldn't mind if it went to a split decision and Stipe got the nod from the judges, only because DC has LHW to fall back on, and i would like to see Dana force Romero to move up and let DC maul him.

If that fat injured burrito Cain wasn't occupying HW Cormier would already be HW champ long ago.

Rooting for Cormier.
If he can throw Barnett on his head he can wrestle Stipe.

I have no hate for Stipe...he is the legit HW champ, and seems like a pretty good guy and a solid rep for the sport.

I would love to see DC get the respect he deserves though, and emerge from the shadow of Jones at 205...plus I wouldn't mind seeing DC be rewarded with the "Brock pay day", rather than d-bag Jones getting it lol

so I'm torn...but (as usual), I'm mostly hoping for a competitive fight that ends without fluke or controversy.

Thanks for recognizing that I son'd you.

This isn't team sports though, you dumb fuck
MMA isn't a team sport? no shit. in MMA, the individual fighters are the equivalent of a team in other sports, and per your logic, no one is supposed to have a vested interest in any team... we should all JUST watch the games.

What a horrendous take.

you son'd no one, WeakThins.

Stipe will win. Guaranteed. The fight used to seem close it doesnt seem close anymore.

Team DC all day. He's earned his right to ride off into the sunset. Very, very, very hard fight to predict though. That's what makes this so exciting, I can't wait!

Biggest question is did Jon's crack DCs chin? If the chin is done, Stipe has a much better chance than many are giving him.

Back