UFC 226 PPV buyrates affected by co-main cancellation?

it was the best fight on the card an the one i was most excited for.

so honestly at the moment i may not buy it.
Im not buying, i picked up overtime shift when i get to work today for saturday. So at least 1 less

UFC projected 450k for the card before max pulled out
So we can gauge off that with the final numbers
I say 25-50k less

Hard to quantify but it definitely doesn’t help it.

Hurts the brand more than anything that these things continue to become more and more commonplace.

very minimal.. I loved that fight but of course I am still paying for DC-Stipe

as are most people I'd imagine

For once they put out some promotion for this card and one of the main fights gets cancelled.

<31>

No they didn't. They did absolutely nothing for the build up besides TUF that nobody watches anymore.

Its sad because they could have down a countdown show for each of the title fights. Another for rest of card weeks in advance. Get some momentum going for the event. But not much has been done honestly. I saw more ppv commercials for the stipe/francis card.

No they didn't. They did absolutely nothing for the build up besides TUF that nobody watches anymore.

Its sad because they could have down a countdown show for each of the title fights. Another for rest of card weeks in advance. Get some momentum going for the event. But not much has been done honestly. I saw more ppv commercials for the stipe/francis card.
I meant promotion for this card, not particularly Holloway and Ortega. They've put more promotion on DC Vs Stipe.

Promotion? I've seen fuck all haha
Really? Then head over to the UFC Youtube channel.

There are also several interviews and stuff with other media outlets which aren't on the UFC channel. There is much more promotion for this card then there was for the last previous ones.

I don't know if it hurts the PPV, but I thought they all did about Tree Fiddy

Would not be surprised if Stipe or Daniel pulls out. There's still time guys

I meant promotion for this card, not particularly Holloway and Ortega. They've put more promotion on DC Vs Stipe.

There’s been less promotion for this fight card than Stipe vs Francis.

It was the first PPV in over a year I was willing to buy. Going to opt out now. I was really looking forward to this fight. Likely would have been FOTN.

I’m sure it will have a small impact but probably nothing huge

It was the first PPV in over a year I was willing to buy. Going to opt out now. I was really looking forward to this fight. Likely would have been FOTN.
I kind of feel the same way. It is still a GREAT card, but 65 is a lot. I'm not poor but 65 is a fine bag of weed, a weeks worth of beer, a night out with my girl, etc. I can just stream the fights or watch later. I think if UFC dropped the price, or calibrate it to the quality of card, as they would get more buys. Silly to charge the same for GDR vs Holly as a Conor card.

There’s been less promotion for this fight card than Stipe vs Francis.
I'd agree. They were pushing Ngannou as the next Tyson, then he hog fookin' spanked!

Plus, that card had Stipe and D.C. on it, but two title fights. With Max pulling, the two title fights fall away. Ortega is silly for passing up a replace,net IMO, as I doubt Max will come back anytime soon.

Back