UFC 226 PBP/Discussion

Looks like there was another eyepoke just seconds before the ko.

I was pretty big on DC for this one. This will be an unpopular opinion and it's hard to put into words, but I don't think Stipe is really that good. He's excelling in a pretty weak division. His skillsets in a division like LHW or MW would have him in the middle of the pack. He's faster than a lot of HWs, and he can expose lack of wrestling for other HWs. This basically means he can control distance and where the fight goes typically, but his striking really isn't that good (especially defensively).

I was pretty big on DC for this one. This will be an unpopular opinion and it's hard to put into words, but I don't think Stipe is really that good. He's excelling in a pretty weak division. His skillsets in a division like LHW or MW would have him in the middle of the pack. He's faster than a lot of HWs, and he can expose lack of wrestling for other HWs. This basically means he can control distance and where the fight goes typically, but his striking really isn't that good (especially defensively).
DC literally spelled out Stipe's main weakness. Getting him at dog odds blew my mind.

Where you as surprised as i was at the Saki love-in in this thread? Khalil is a monster on the feet. Got no love in here.

Mad at myself for getting sucked into the Felder circlejerk. Ended 3 really good World Cup parlays. Kicking myself for not going with uber reliable Assuncao instead.

DC literally spelled out Stipe's main weakness. Getting him at dog odds blew my mind.

Where you as surprised as i was at the Saki love-in in this thread? Khalil is a monster on the feet. Got no love in here.

Mad at myself for getting sucked into the Felder circlejerk. Ended 3 really good World Cup parlays. Kicking myself for not going with uber reliable Assuncao instead.

I wasn't on the forum much because I was on vacation.

I was on Rountree. Saki looked awful in his debut. I thought Rountree would get it done in the clinch or on the ground though.

I needed DC by the end of the night to win though. I hit a few good ones (Whitemire, Pettis, Rountree, Assuncao), but I lost on some other duds (Griffin, Vannata, Felder, Ngannou).

i did not bet it myself but Felder was the right side even though he lost imo the decision could have gone either way and that was with a broken arm for most of the fight (injury is not excatly something you can predict happening)..

i did not bet it myself but Felder was the right side even though he lost imo the decision could have gone either way and that was with a broken arm for most of the fight (injury is not excatly something you can predict happening)..
Couldn't disagree more. Felder is great but Perry as the bigger man at significant + money was the right side and he also won the fight.

Couldn't disagree more. Felder is great but Perry as the bigger man at significant + money was the right side and he also won the fight.
Agreed, Felder at -170 was way way too high. I would have added a bit more to Perry (as planned) But was pretty big on him at +125 already.

Well a lot of people had Felder at (big) +money, I think they were on the right side as well. Losing a really close split decision like that with a broken arm when you have +money on the guy isn't a bad bet in my book. If you had Felder at -170, well that's a different story.

I said the exact same thing, plus Cormier is legit GOAT. Pretty annoyed I only bet 1.5u tbh

Kicking myself for not going with uber reliable Assuncao instead.
Saki getting nailed with that left counter in the opening round reminded me of the Olympic athletes in figure skating or high diving that do 50,000 reps of a basic spin or tuck and then somehow during the Olympics (which is the biggest moment of their life) they fail at that basic move that the have "mastered" and then end up far down the rankings. Just a dumb mistake from a former champion but I will never put large sums of money on him again.

Well a lot of people had Felder at (big) +money, I think they were on the right side as well. Losing a really close split decision like that with a broken arm when you have +money on the guy isn't a bad bet in my book. If you had Felder at -170, well that's a different story.
It really wasn't that close a split.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/9188/Mike-Perry-vs-Paul-Felder

Though Felder did get unfortunate with the various injuries.

Back