UFC 226 a MEGA Card???

The Russian card is a fight night card and not ppv.. But correct in that he won't fight on the July card, as he will be fasting during that period.

Really, the Russia event is a Fight Night, can I get the source, I didn't hear about this :/

I'm not saying it isn't an amazing fight and any real MMA fan understands there isn't any fighter bigger from a talent/skill stand point. That being said GSP and McGregor are way bigger stars/draaws than DC and Stipe.

GSP vs McGregor is the biggest fight that could be made in ALL combat sports from a revenue stand point.
Agreed on this point WME-ING are in it for money , hardcores can say hw should be a main event. But everyone knows casuals pay the bills.

Conor is that cashcow.
GSP to a lesser degree
And then there is Cyborg who is on the rise

So the aforementioned would be headliners

That's 4 months away. Both McGregor and GSP have taken fights on shorter notice than that RECENTLY! Do you follow the sport?

lol you're fooking clueless, GSP won't be fighting this year.

if they ever set up GSP vs Mcg, they will want 6-8 months of build up or more.

#Clueless

Really, the Russia event is a Fight Night, can I get the source, I didn't hear about this :/
Google it.. pretty sure, most know this as common knowledge. As for a ppv card that big, the timezones don't match up to truly allow a ppv card, especially not on the UFC's first trip to that country. But it will happen in time I believe, just not the Sep card like is being talked about.

Google it.. pretty sure, most know this as common knowledge. As for a ppv card that big, the timezones don't match up to truly allow a ppv card, especially not on the UFC's first trip to that country. But it will happen in time I believe, just not the Sep card like is being talked about.

it will be a huge evnt if khabib is on it, they might do a fight nite event just to get there feet wet but not with khabib on it.

Is the UFC gonna stand pat with a DC vs. Stiped headliner, or are they going to go after a huge fight for the headliner? My gut is telling me that DC vs. Stipe is destined to be the co-main on a legendary.

My prediction of the fights they re trying to book for the main are....

1. GSP vs. McGregor
2. Mcgregor vs. Khabib/Ferg
3. GSP vs. Woodley

After the main and co-main I am guessing the have DJ vs TJ as the 3rd title fight on the card.

Main Event: One of options 1-3
Co-Main: DC vs. Stipe
Co-Co-Main: TJ vs DJ Super Fight

I like those fights, especially having GSP and McGregor both fighting twice on one card, that truly would be a mega card! :)

DC vs Stipe is by far the main event. The LHW and HW champs fighting for the HW belt, are you kidding? No fight should be bigger. How many times has that ever happened, the LHW champ challenging for a second belt? I'll save you the time and tell you: it's never happened before.

Yes, obviously. Unfortunately, most people are idiots and are more interested in spectacle.

Miocic is currently the best fighter in the world. Cormier at HW could very well be the 2nd best fighter in the world. McGregor is about the 10,000th? best fighter in the world- but he gets more respect because be is loud and "technical". It's a joke.

I could see them putting Cyborg vs Nunes on this card as a co-main, if she finishes Pennington without taking any damage.

Shhhh. Please don't bring WMMA into this card. It's dog shit.

Last edited:

Dang, thanks man, Welp, who fucking knows when Conor will fight than, but I no for sure it won't be the 226 Card, he might wanna do the one right after to show he's DUH KING OF PPV Draws Yeh, or something like that.

Cyborg & Nunes are active fighters with many recent title defenses. GSP is obviously on of the GOATs and Tyquil is a very good fighter, but Cyborg vs Nunes is an actual champ vs champ fight between the best P4P WMMA's on the planet.

Plan A is having McGregor headline fight week and the GSP fight is the biggest of those fights.

Plan B is DC vs Stipe headlining.
Fair enough with Nunes vs cyborg. Although I would mention cyborg has barely any wins against true fws but I guess that's not her fault... And Nunes arguably should have lost her last fight by a 125er... Meh I'm willing to call it a push

Ur second point, I just can't agree as I don't think Ferg/khabib will be ready by DC/Stipe. Also don't think Conor will fight anyone else but winner of those 2.

Dang, thanks man, Welp, who fucking knows when Conor will fight than, but I no for sure it won't be the 226 Card, he might wanna do the one right after to show he's DUH KING OF PPV Draws Yeh, or something like that.
I hear you, but none of us on sherdog can say we " know for sure", as none of us are him, his management or part of his team.. nor do 99.99% of us know him on here. But what we could speculate is since he and Tony share the same management, putting them on a card together to fight one another brings more money to their management team, to their pockets, etc etc.. But Tony would have to beat Khabib first, which I truly doubt will happen. But if he does, IFW is def realistic imo, for them to jump in a card. Or if Tony loses, I could see Conor vs Nate 3 in a boxing ring for Zuffa Boxings first event.. which WME would be smart to put on in Vegas, but not sure if IFW is the week to do so, but it's Vegas and just about anything can be done there when it comes to Combat Sports and making a match up possible.

it will be a huge evnt if khabib is on it, they might do a fight nite event just to get there feet wet but not with khabib on it.
Yeah, it def won't have Khabib on the first card done out there.. But like I said, it will happen eventually. Side note.. what do you ride? I see the Harley avatar..
20180127_165427.png
My Dyna..
CwN9zBLUIAAZ_cK.jpeg
My sporty..

Yeah, it def won't have Khabib on the first card done out there.. But like I said, it will happen eventually. Side note.. what do you ride? I see the Harley avatar..
View attachment 354873
My Dyna..
View attachment 354877
My sporty..

06 streetglide, with a high compression 98" with tman heads and 590 gear driven cam . 117 hp, 123 torque on the dyno. gods country up here where i live for riding. vancouver island
thats some damn nice paint.

06 streetglide, with a high compression 98" with tman heads and 590 gear driven cam . 117 hp, 123 torque on the dyno. gods country up here where i live for riding. vancouver island
thats some damn nice paint.
Damn brother, you have a runner! Sounds like a beast.. MLH&R

DJ would beat Miocic....

Ok buddy. Go to bed.
You can't be this stupid...you asked who was better, I named them, never mentioned them fighting each other. DJ and Stipe are worlds apart in terms of skill.

To make it even more simple, if DJ was 230, he'd piece stipe up.

You can't be this stupid...you asked who was better, I named them, never mentioned them fighting each other. DJ and Stipe are worlds apart in terms of skill.

To make it even more simple, if DJ was 230, he'd piece stipe up.

It's fighting, not figure skating.
You don't get points for technique.

I asked who was a better fighter. I didn't ask who you thought would do better in a fantasy pound for pound land.

Back