UFC 226 a MEGA Card???

McGregor vs. Diaz II did 1.6mil and GSP routinely does 800K plus. GSP is at is highest point in terms of marketability ever after he choked out Bisping. McGregor also is bigger than he ever has been. He just did 4.3mil with Mayweather and Mayweather NEEDED McGregor to sell that. Remember Floyd couldn't even break 400k vs Berto. At the absolute pinnacle of Floyds career his was drawing 1mil buys without a huge name like ODH or Pac Man.

I could see GSP vs McG doing 3mil+ easily.

gsp vs connor would be biggest PPV in UFC history by far

DC vs. Stipe sells a max of 450k. GSP vs. McGregor does over 2mil buys easily and probably 3mil with the DC vs Stipe & DJ vs TJ on the card.

Lol no it doesn't. Who is going to buy the card that wouldn't buy GSP v. McGregor? The number is a lot smaller than you think.

For the record the best fights possible from a "Merit Stand Point" are....

1. DC vs. Stipe
2. TJ vs. DJ
3. Khabib vs. Tony
4. Cyborg vs. Nunes
5. GSP vs. Woodley
6. McGregor vs. GSP
7. McGregor vs. Nate

Obviously McGregor vs. Khabib/Tony is right up there with DC vs. Stipe, but that fight isn't possible atm.
I'm not a wmma hater but cyborg vs Nunes over gsp v Woodley is a bit nuts
Yeah that as a co-main for DC vs. Stipe is the UFC's plan B IMO.
What's plan A then? I believe that is their plan A... UNLESS they wanna see what kind of numbers those guys can pull together

As long as Conor wants to talk 165 belts, he's probablu overplaying his reach.
It might be a high-dollar catchweight with GSP, but i would think Conor could gets his way in the more realistic 'i want to be on a non-stacked card' demand.

I guess time will tell. Good fights are coming though, im actually really hoping the FJ-TJ fight will happen

I'm not a wmma hater but cyborg vs Nunes over gsp v Woodley is a bit nuts

What's plan A then? I believe that is their plan A... UNLESS they wanna see what kind of numbers those guys can pull together

Cyborg & Nunes are active fighters with many recent title defenses. GSP is obviously on of the GOATs and Tyquil is a very good fighter, but Cyborg vs Nunes is an actual champ vs champ fight between the best P4P WMMA's on the planet.

Plan A is having McGregor headline fight week and the GSP fight is the biggest of those fights.

Plan B is DC vs Stipe headlining.

let
Cyborg & Nunes are active fighters with many recent title defenses. GSP is obviously on of the GOATs and Tyquil is a very good fighter, but Cyborg vs Nunes is an actual champ vs champ fight between the best P4P WMMA's on the planet.

Plan A is having McGregor headline fight week and the GSP fight is the biggest of those fights.

Plan B is DC vs Stipe headlining.

let it go, the plan is to have connor fight winner of khabib vs tony. even his own fans have had enough of the not defending or fighting.

Not to nitpick, or anything.

No, fuck it. I’m going to nitpick.

The name of the champion, or higher ranked fighter goes first.

IE... Stipe vs DC, at 125 MM vs TJ, at 135 TJ vs MM. Tony vs Khabib.

UFC 202... Diaz vs McGregor ll. They couldn’t very well rank Conor higher than Nate at WW considering they just fought, and Nate won. At 196 they could do it. But, not 202.

Lol no it doesn't. Who is going to buy the card that wouldn't buy GSP v. McGregor? The number is a lot smaller than you think.

there are the 200k that buy any and every UFC ppv. Then the "Big Name" cards get an additional 300-400k. The can't legit super stars get another 400-600k. Thats the same for boxing too. So your max buys are 1mil for GSP and 1.5ish for McGregor for a "normal" fight.

Now how do explain those crazy cards that get 2-4mil buys? It is beause those mother fuckers turn into a spectacle that people just can't miss. People who have never bought a PPV are gonna buy it.

McGregor vs GSP is a MASSIVE fight, but you add DC vs. Miocic and DC vs. TJ and it becomes a fucking spectacle.

let

let it go, the plan is to have connor fight winner of khabib vs tony. even his own fans have had enough of the not defending or fighting.

I'm not defending him or calling him out. It is pretty simple. The UFC is gonna do whatever the fuck McGregor tells them to for his next fight and I think he wants to fight ASAP and most likely on fight week which would easily garner the most buys.

The UFC may want him to fight Khabib/Tony winner later, but it isn't really up to them. Unless the give him a share of the UFC he is gonna tell them when, where and who he is fighting next.

The only way the UFC is selling 3 million PPVs is with a Floyd Fight

Or Punk vs Cyborg

Not to nitpick, or anything.

No, fuck it. I’m going to nitpick.

The name of the champion, or higher ranked fighter goes first.

IE... Stipe vs DC, at 125 MM vs TJ, at 135 TJ vs MM. Tony vs Khabib.

UFC 202... Diaz vs McGregor ll. They couldn’t very well rank Conor higher than Nate at WW considering they just fought, and Nate won. At 196 they could do it. But, not 202.

That's a good nit pick lol

If Khabib wins, he ain't fighting on that Card, he's gonna do the Russia event they keep talking about. If Khabib wins, I still doubt he'll want to fight on that card unless he's the Main Event. I'm damn sure with his ego and mantra as King that he would never allow himself to play second fiddle on any Card, even DC and Stipe.

Cause that ONE card generates more than both combined. It's on fight week and more people are gonna say fuck it and buy one loaded card then two separate cards.
Disagree

Having Stipe X DC co-main a bigger fight is pointless, they don't reach a part of the market that the bigger fight (main event) doesn't already attract.

Is the UFC gonna stand pat with a DC vs. Stiped headliner, or are they going to go after a huge fight for the headliner? My gut is telling me that DC vs. Stipe is destined to be the co-main on a legendary.

My prediction of the fights they re trying to book for the main are....

1. GSP vs. McGregor
2. Mcgregor vs. Khabib/Ferg
3. GSP vs. Woodley

After the main and co-main I am guessing the have DJ vs TJ as the 3rd title fight on the card.

Main Event: One of options 1-3
Co-Main: DC vs. Stipe
Co-Co-Main: TJ vs DJ Super Fight

Only way Conor fights on the International Fight Week card or during that week, is if Tony wins vs Khabib, or he boxes Nate in their 3rd fight as some sort of exhibition fight. DC vs Stipe will be the main, unless Conor vs Tony happens. DJ vs TJ isn't going to happen by July imo, as now the UFC looks like it wants TJ to defend his belt first. Khabib can't fight in July as he is fasting during that time.. I don't think Tony beats him either. Unless McGregor fights GSP at 170, that fight isn't happening.

It will prob be:
DC vs Stipe
Max vs Ortega
Woodley vs RDA

OR

Conor vs Tony
DC vs Stipe
Max vs Ortega

DC vs Stipe is by far the main event. The LHW and HW champs fighting for the HW belt, are you kidding? No fight should be bigger. How many times has that ever happened, the LHW champ challenging for a second belt? I'll save you the time and tell you: it's never happened before.
Yes Dana will do anything to stop Stipe

there are the 200k that buy any and every UFC ppv. Then the "Big Name" cards get an additional 300-400k. The can't legit super stars get another 400-600k. Thats the same for boxing too. So your max buys are 1mil for GSP and 1.5ish for McGregor for a "normal" fight.

Now how do explain those crazy cards that get 2-4mil buys? It is beause those mother fuckers turn into a spectacle that people just can't miss. People who have never bought a PPV are gonna buy it.

McGregor vs GSP is a MASSIVE fight, but you add DC vs. Miocic and DC vs. TJ and it becomes a fucking spectacle.

We have a historical precedence for this not being the case.

UFC 100 (Brock and GSP) did 1.6 mil.
UFC 94 (GSP) did 920,000
UFC 91 (Brock) did over 1 mil

Despite UFC 100 being a huge spectacle, once in a decade event and getting way more promotion than the other events, it still did less than both superstars would do separately.

If Khabib wins, he ain't fighting on that Card, he's gonna do the Russia event they keep talking about. If Khabib wins, I still doubt he'll want to fight on that card unless he's the Main Event. I'm damn sure with his ego and mantra as King that he would never allow himself to play second fiddle on any Card, even DC and Stipe.
The Russian card is a fight night card and not ppv.. But correct in that he won't fight on the July card, as he will be fasting during that period.

Back