PBP UFC 225: Whittaker vs. Romero 2: Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Godamn, just woke up an this scrap is the first thing on my mind

Going to watch a few of the fights again today (a lil more sober) with a massive brunch!

What a night!

Wow! That was an incredible fight! Romero did excellent, that was a very close fight. Great win for Whittaker!

What is that weird eating gesture that Michael Jackson did at the weigh-in and post fight? What's he doing and why?

I hate Romero he is a fat fook, but he won.
Also wtf Arlovski??Carla ??
At least Pettis won that blondie

I thought Whittaker did enough, Yoel did absolutely nothing in round one apart from get his knee kicked in, so if we're talking 10-8 rounds throw Rob one for that. Either way 3 rounds for Rob.

Though Tai lost to Andrei.

Reem getting his face elbowed to a bloody mess was cool.

I don't think colby should get rounds for clinging on to rdas legs against the fence and doing nothing. Rdas takedowns were better and his striking crisper. Colby showed great pressure and cardio tho.

This is a weakness in the nature of scoring where someone must win a round, hence the adoption of boxing ten point must system which is exactly what they did. I like technical fights, Wonderboy, Machida and my favorite fighters are Edgar, Rory, GSP, but I think the rules ignore fighting’s most basic idea: Whom was closer to losing outright? And how often did they find themselves in that situation?

I feel Whitaker was in serious trouble more than enough times to warrant either a draw or a victory for Yoel.

Draw is the most rational scoring outcome. My personal opinion though, is that Yoel won that fight.
there is absolutely no obligation for a winner to be declared for each round or fight. No idea where you got that from.

I thought Whittaker did enough, Yoel did absolutely nothing in round one apart from get his knee kicked in, so if we're talking 10-8 rounds throw Rob one for that. Either way 3 rounds for Rob.

Though Tai lost to Andrei.

Reem getting his face elbowed to a bloody mess was cool.
I also thought Andrei won. T

The ten point must system. Doesn’t the UFC use it?
10 point must means the winner or winners in the case of a tie must be awarded 10 points before fouls are assessed. You can certainly have 10-10 rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back