PBP UFC 225: Whittaker vs. Romero 2: Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

great fight. not a robbery. could have gone either way really. whittaker, romero or draw, any one of those decisions would have been okay.

you can't get wobbled and rocked and have a "beat down" of a round. Sorry. You're wrong. You don't know what you're talking about.

Was whittaker badly dropped and out on his feet for almost 2 minutes?

I've got to be honest a lot of what you're typing here seems to be nothing but incoherent rambling.

Im not avoiding anything, you just seem a tad confused.
Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it must be incoherent. How am I confused? Of the two of us, you're the only one who's admitted he doesn't understand the other's post. Quote the part of my post you didn't understand and I'll help you out.

I'm saying I score someone getting dropped, rocked and nearly finished repeatedly, over somebody repeatedly landing volume strikes against an opponent who never seemed to be in danger of being finished.
I know you do. But how are you measuring that to be more damage; that's the question? It's kinda hard to judge, no? Yoel definitely came closer to finishing, but it's difficult to say he did more damage. Yoel's legs must be busted up, as is his eye. And let's not forget Whittaker looked like he rocked Yoel 1 or 2 times too.

How on Earth did you come up with me scoring Alvarez/Pettis for Alvarez out of any of my previous comments for instance?
It's statistically likely, based on the fact that most people scored that fight for Alvarez. Yet, I score it for Pettis because he had the better offense, and I value that above cage stalling. So you're incorrect if your implication was that I'm a fan who doesn't score damage. And it's highly probable I favor damage in scoring more than you do.

what you drinking? There was on ig post to accompany tonight so i'm in the dark here. The suspense is killing me!

I appreciate your sarcasm. Next time I'm in Vegas, you're cooking for me. All Romo.

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it must be incoherent. How am I confused? Of the two of us, you're the only one who's admitted he doesn't understand the other's post.

I know you do. But how are you measuring that to be more damage; that's the question? It's kinda hard to judge, no? Yoel definitely came closer to finishing, but it's difficult to say he did more damage. Yoel's legs must be busted up, as is his eye. And let's not forget Whittaker looked like he rocked Yoel 1 or 2 times too.

It's statistically likely, based on the fact that most people scored that fight for Alvarez. Yet, I score it for Pettis because he had the better offense, and I value that above cage stalling. So you're incorrect if your implication was that I'm a fan who doesn't score damage. And it's highly probably I favor damage in scoring more than you do.

Yoel walked through everything Whittaker sent his way, whether he was "rocked" or not was far from obvious. Yoel clearly staggered Whittaker multiple times, and even scored a knock down. He came MUCH closer to finishing the fight than Whittaker did. Whittaker giving Yoel a black eye doesn't change that.

Saying that you scored a fight that is essentially entirely irrelevant to this current conversation isn't swaying this debate in your favor. A for effort though.

If I shoot at you 20 times with a BB gun and you shoot at me 4 times with a Canon who do think dies first?
I'd like to think that I could take some killer shots with a nice Canon.

Taking you out of the game with four shots may be pushing it, Daspy.
50da13290000000000000000_736.jpg

<JonesLaugh>

Yoel walked through everything Whittaker sent his way, whether he was "rocked" or not was far from obvious. Yoel clearly staggered Whittaker multiple times, and even scored a knock down. He came MUCH closer to finishing the fight than Whittaker did. Whittaker giving Yoel a black eye doesn't change that.

Saying that you scored a fight that is essentially entirely irrelevant to this current conversation isn't swaying this debate in your favor. A for effort though.
Are you incapable of responding to me? Read my last post again and give it a try. I don't wanna keep repeating myself.

Are you incapable of responding to me? Read my last post again and give it a try. I don't wanna keep repeating myself.

This is clearly hopeless, and you've proven to be incapable of having a rational debate.

Have a good night fanboy.

Was whittaker badly dropped and out on his feet for almost 2 minutes?

No, that'd be the Edgar/Maynard 10-7 round (which every judge failed to recognize).

Judges in MMA are generally atrocious. At best, this fight should've been scored a draw (Whitaker keeps belt) .

Fell asleep during the Colvington fight.

Yeah... round by round I didn't think the judges were wrong overall, but I would have given the 4th to Whittaker (unlike the one judge that scored the fight for Romero) and scored the 5th 10-8 Romero, making it a draw.

Just watched the fight. Scored it a draw.

Amazing fight, holy shit.

Yeah... round by round I didn't think the judges were wrong overall, but I would have given the 4th to Whittaker (unlike the one judge that scored the fight for Romero) and scored the 5th 10-8 Romero, making it a draw.

I had Yoel winning but I can live with a draw.

No way Whitaker won that fight.

I had Yoel winning but I can live with a draw.

No way Whitaker won that fight.

I didn't score the 3rd a 10-8, although I can see the argument for it. It was about as close to being a finish as the 5th, but Whitaker recovered better and landed enough solid shots (in particular a solid headkick and elbow which stunned Romero) to make it only a 10-9 to me. No way I'd give Romero 1, 2 or 4 though, so relying on 2 10-8s and the new rules for a win doesn't seem any less flimsy to me than Whitaker relying on no 10-8s and 3 rounds.
It's the usual case of controversial wins though, where losing 2 rounds (and especially later rounds) by a huge margin versus winning 3 rounds by a comparatively narrow margin just doesn't seem like a win.

I didn't score the 3rd a 10-8, although I can see the argument for it. It was about as close to being a finish as the 5th, but Whitaker recovered better and landed enough solid shots (in particular a solid headkick and elbow which stunned Romero) to make it only a 10-9 to me. No way I'd give Romero 1, 2 or 4 though, so relying on 2 10-8s and the new rules for a win doesn't seem any less flimsy to me than Whitaker relying on no 10-8s and 3 rounds.
It's the usual case of controversial wins though, where losing 2 rounds (and especially later rounds) by a huge margin versus winning 3 rounds by a comparatively narrow margin just doesn't seem like a win.

This is a weakness in the nature of scoring where someone must win a round, hence the adoption of boxing ten point must system which is exactly what they did. I like technical fights, Wonderboy, Machida and my favorite fighters are Edgar, Rory, GSP, but I think the rules ignore fighting’s most basic idea: Whom was closer to losing outright? And how often did they find themselves in that situation?

I feel Whitaker was in serious trouble more than enough times to warrant either a draw or a victory for Yoel.

Draw is the most rational scoring outcome. My personal opinion though, is that Yoel won that fight.

Back