UFC 224 PPV buys?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Then obviously a fighter moving out of their home country is not the variable you should be examining in their ability to draw crowds, hence why I brought up Silva ;).
yeah, it is if half the arena is empty for a title fight lol. she obviously hasnt connected with the fans, and her not really spending time in her home country is prob a reason why.

shes not gonna draw a sellout crowd unless other big fighters that draw carry her. we already saw her PPV numbers when shes on her own without Ronda or when it aint fight week. she did the lowest numbers of the year

125K. This was a glorified fox card, no way around it.

yeah, it is if half the arena is empty for a title fight lol. she obviously hasnt connected with the fans, and her not really spending time in her home country is prob a reason why.

shes not gonna draw a sellout crowd unless other big fighters that draw carry her. we already saw her PPV numbers when shes on her own without Ronda or when it aint fight week. she did the lowest numbers of the year
Two words: Jose Aldo.

Expecting low numbers... Overall the card was exciting... But if you are a hardcore fan that doesn't want to pay Dana... Then you watched Bellator or Lomanchenko...

Two words: Jose Aldo.
nunes aint on that level lol. aldo doesnt have a half empty arena during his fight. check out the aldo-mendes II fight and compare that to a nunes crowd. aldo and anderson are pretty well liked by the brazilian fans, nunes seems to be lacking in that area

lets see what the ppv numbers are gonna be

nunes aint on that level lol. aldo doesnt have a half empty arena during his fight. check out the aldo-mendes II fight and compare that to a nunes crowd. aldo and anderson are pretty well liked by the brazilian fans, nunes seems to be lacking in that area

lets see what the ppv numbers are gonna be
But Aldo has historically had terrible buyrates. I just don't think chalking Nunes' buyrates and drawing ability due to her not living in Brazil is a sound argument.

When Nunes defended the title against Rousey, nearly all the promotion and marketing was put into Rousey (likely because Rousey's management owns the UFC).
The UFC's buyrates as a whole went down 50% in 2017 and are likely doing worse this year.
The UFC also bumped up the cost of PPV and who knows how they're changing ticket prices.
Nunes' opponent hadn't fought in 1.5 years and should've fought someone else before getting a title shot, but Women's Bantamweight has zero depth.
Nunes pulled out of her second title defense because of allergies and has been fighting conservatively for the last two years because she's afraid of gassing out and losing.

All of the above could be the cause for her low buyrates and weak drawing ability, but the least likely and most nonsensical possibility is where she happens to live.

But Aldo has historically had terrible buyrates. I just don't think chalking Nunes' buyrates and drawing ability due to her not living in Brazil is a sound argument.

When Nunes defended the title against Rousey, nearly all the promotion and marketing was put into Rousey (likely because Rousey's management owns the UFC).
The UFC's buyrates as a whole went down 50% in 2017 and are likely doing worse this year.
The UFC also bumped up the cost of PPV and who knows how they're changing ticket prices.
Nunes' opponent hadn't fought in 1.5 years and should've fought someone else before getting a title shot, but Women's Bantamweight has zero depth.
Nunes pulled out of her second title defense because of allergies and has been fighting conservatively for the last two years because she's afraid of gassing out and losing.

All of the above could be the cause for her low buyrates and weak drawing ability, but the least likely and most nonsensical possibility is where she happens to live.
That’s cool

She’s not that popular in Brazil cuz no one wants to pay to see her fight. People came for jacare/gastelum and vitor/machida

Does that matter though? If she lives in Brasil or not? Do Brazilians stand more behind fighters who stay in the Counrty?
No. We dont give a shit. Shes not famous tho

Nunes vs Shevchenko only got 100k buys. Can't see this doing much better, especially given the competition it had that night.

I was watching the Lomachenko fight.
giphy.gif

I don't think it did much more than 100k

Nunes headlined it, so I assume it's in the 150,000-200,000 range.

I'd be surprised if it got 100,000.

$65 for that trash of a card? I'd rather give it to a homeless guy.

Whatever the number is expect them to say way more to save face.

Let's not forget all the PPV numbers are unofficial and hence have no credibility.

Not true
The numbers Meltzer reports are not what Dana says publicly
But UFC does have to file to creditors and does have to give investor documents and both those back up Meltzer's numbers as accurate

DMMMAJ.png

All that said, if they do over 100k, they should be happy.

I was watching the Lomachenko fight.
giphy.gif
Same and did it ever deliver! It ended around 9:30 though right after the Machida Belfort fight so its possible people watched both. Pico fight started right after the boxing matdh though so there was worthy free alternatives.

I'm guessing 85k. Not hating, just think it had too much working against it.

Back