UFC 224 PBP/Discussion

I just read today about a study, which says, that tall people are generally more intelligent than short people because of bigger brains. I wish I had read that before I bet pinhead Albini.

I didn't realize you were allowed to make multiple bets like that with different outcomes.
Yes, you can make contradictory or overlapping bets on the same fight.

Yes, you can make contradictory or overlapping bets on the same fight.

I asked basically the same question in another thread (regarding contradictory bets on 5dimes) and got a different answer. That it was frowned upon.

I asked basically the same question in another thread (regarding contradictory bets on 5dimes) and got a different answer. That it was frowned upon.

The only thing they frown upon is betting opposite MLs, they don't care if you bet fighter A ML and fighter B KO for example

The only thing they frown upon is betting opposite MLs, they don't care if you bet fighter A ML and fighter B KO for example

Ah, ok. So if I made a bet for fighter A to win in round 1, then made a different bet for fighter A to win in round 2 (on 5dimes) that wouldn't get me in trouble?

Ah, ok. So if I made a bet for fighter A to win in round 1, then made a different bet for fighter A to win in round 2 (on 5dimes) that wouldn't get me in trouble?

No you would be fine, bet any combination of props you'd like, just don't freeroll/arb moneylines on the same book

No you would be fine, bet any combination of props you'd like, just don't freeroll/arb moneylines on the same book

I'd add that you can arb/freeroll ML's on 5d IF you only do it sporadically. If you constantly do it, you'll get limited so fast your head will spin. I had a huge freeroll on Machida Sat but now I need to wait awhile before going to that well again.

I'd add that you can arb/freeroll ML's on 5d IF you only do it sporadically. If you constantly do it, you'll get limited so fast your head will spin. I had a huge freeroll on Machida Sat but now I need to wait awhile before going to that well again.

Every time you do your account gets flagged permanently, same with hitting line errors

Every time you do your account gets flagged permanently, same with hitting line errors

Really? I did it before (arb not line errors) and was only limited once for about 2 months because I freerolled like 6 fights in a 3 week span. I've arbed/freerolled since then but pick my spots and make sure there's a time gap between them and have not been limited since. (Aside from openers like everyone else is).

Really? I did it before (arb not line errors) and was only limited once for about 2 months because I freerolled like 6 fights in a 3 week span. I've arbed/freerolled since then but pick my spots and make sure there's a time gap between them and have not been limited since. (Aside from openers like everyone else is).

Weird that they would unlimit you after 2 months, never heard of that happening before

i really didnt know you'd get in trouble for arbing

It makes sense, books don't want you making risk-free money off them
I mean, I frequently live bet both sides in basketball as the odds change and I've never been limited that way. It's prob been more profitable than betting straight up. Would that be different?

I mean, I frequently live bet both sides in basketball as the odds change and I've never been limited that way. It's prob been more profitable than betting straight up. Would that be different?

I've wondered that as well and don't think it's viewed the same way but could be wrong

was it me or did a LOT of the non-brazilian fighters look a bit sloppy/sluggish?

i wonder if the arena was humid or the travel took it out of them.

tim means didn't look himself in brazil, rob font underperformed as well.

Weird that they would unlimit you after 2 months, never heard of that happening before

Yep it was 2, maybe 3 months tops. I kept trying during that time to bet more and getting that same message and then I tried it one day and my bet went through. After that was only limited on openers. I was limited to $20 (to win $20 on favorites). I tried $50 or $100 on something and it was accepted, have never had an issue since. I assumed it was for the reasons we were talking about that they limited me in the first place, but if this is unusual (being temporarily limited) now I'm not so sure. Obviously I never said anything LOL, I was just happy I could bet more than $20 again.

Back