UFC 224 - Nunes vs Pennington - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

wasn't amanda's last fight the first time she's fought since curing her sinus condition?

that could definitely account for the improved cardio (even though she lost, clearly imo).
She didn’t do anything in the fight. She wasn’t pushed at all.

Hard to gauge where her cardio is post surgery. I wouldn’t put a lot of stake in her having her cardio fixed.

wasn't amanda's last fight the first time she's fought since curing her sinus condition?

that could definitely account for the improved cardio (even though she lost, clearly imo).

She actually had the surgery to correct it after that fight.

Its crazy how people overlook/underrate how much pressure affects cardio. Valentina/Amanda 2 is NOT a good measure stick to see how much Nunes improved her cardio.

It was a ridiculous fight, If Valentina showed up with a gameplan that even slightly resembled "pressure" style, she could have won even without being evenly matched in striking department. Instead she basically let Nunes have sparring session for 5 rounds and shadow box her way into a victory.

Raquel is a clinch fighter who constantly pressures with dirty boxing. She will probably get outclassed for a round or two, but if she makes out of those rounds more than half conscious, its her fight to win.

In this case I think dog or pass, too much juice on Amanda who will probably win.
If you want to bet than bet the underdog at this odds.
Any leans to Davi Ramos and Nick Hein ?
After watching tape I favour Davi, he has better volume in stand up and grappling advantage.
Hein has probably only better cardio but is coming from a layoff
What do you think ????

I think there's still a ton of self-doubt in Nunes' mind if she can actually fight hard for five rounds. I'm betting that she'll take it pretty easy from the start and only goes hard it Pennington shows very exploitable holes in her game. 1u on goes to dec at 3.5 and 1u not Nunes itd at 2.65 for those reasons and 2u on Rocky ml for being the coolest and grittiest butch in UFC. She's been waiting for title shot since Tate fight and probably preparing to face Nunes since she won the belt.

So much discussion about a lopsided fight imo.

Rocky is gonna so overmatched early in the fight, to me it just makes more sense to wait and get her at crazy odds if she survives the first 2 rounds. Nunes is stronger, faster, and just so much the better athlete. Less than 2 years ago Rocky was in a close fight with Bethe Correia ffs.

I'm not saying I'm gonna pay the wild juice on Nunes either, and I get being enticed by the juicy odds on Raquel, but damn...when both are fresh I think she's gonna be getting slaughtered. Yeah, if Nunes gasses the tide could turn. But if she's beaten the hell out of Rocky for 10 minutes first, you'll probably get +500 or better (maybe much better) on Rocky anyway.

IDK, maybe I'm missing something...

Surely it's just worth betting Rocky rd 3 4 and 5 now?

Nappy man Albini has the reach of a T Rex.

Oleinik was poor last fight but that was a rare off night. This time will be different. R1 Sub

Any leans to Davi Ramos and Nick Hein ?
After watching tape I favour Davi, he has better volume in stand up and grappling advantage.
Hein has probably only better cardio but is coming from a layoff
What do you think ????

Sgt Hein is the future the way he dealt with the fight fixer impressed me no end. Also with the best camp in MMA with The Janitor and that elite HW whose name escapes me. They had Sanders looking in the form of his life last fight.

Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos/Sean Strickland Fight Analysis:

I know it's a little early until the event but I had time today to watch tape on both fighters today.

Strickland is going to be the bigger fighter dropping from middleweight to welterweight and a 3 inch reach advantage (Dos Santos 73' inch reach and Strickland 76' inch reach). Strickland likes to work behind his jab and keep his opponents at range with it, very technical fighter but not a lot of pop in his strikes because he fights really upright and doesn't step into his punches enough.

Zaleski Dos Santos grew up training capoeira, so he is very flexible and moves really well. Very diverse striker, throws leg kicks, body kicks, jabs, crosses, uppercuts and hooks, he has the whole arsenal. He is going to have the speed advantage over Strickland. The thing that really impresses me is the pace he can maintain over 3 rounds and the pressure he puts on opponents, he never really slows down and has heart for days. He is also a fighter that fights for your money, he has already won 3 fight of the night bonuses too. He has never been knocked out either, ridiculous chin, so he doesn't mind trading.

I see Dos Santos putting a lot of pressure on Strickland and getting inside Strickland's jab. Since Strickland doesn't step into his jab, so he doesn't generate a lot of power, so I'm not worried about him really hurting Dos Santos and he has a habit of fighting upright and leaving his chin exposed, which Dos Santos will find. Also Dos Santos fought Max Griffin who also had a similar reach to Strickland at 76' inches and was able to land consistently, so he has dealt with the reach disadvantage before. Dos Santos lands 4.52 SLPM (Significant Strikes per minute) and Strickland at a lower rate of 4.08 SLPM. Court McGee who is a few notches below Dos Santos and not as a diverse striker was having success against Strickland in a close fight.

The fight is also in Rio De Janeiro Brazil, so Strickland will be fighting in a hostile environment against a Brazilian. Not an easy environment to fight in. The guy that beats Dos Santos is a fighter that employs a grappling heavy approach like Nicholas Dalby did which won't be the case in this fight.

I'm in for 1.5u @ -125 on Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos.

Last edited:
Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos/Sean Strickland Fight Analysis:

I know it's a little early until the event but I had time today to watch tape on both fighters today.

Strickland is going to be the bigger fighter dropping from middleweight to welterweight and a 3 inch reach advantage (Dos Santos 73' inch reach and Strickland 76' inch reach). Strickland likes to work behind his jab and keep his opponents at range with it, very technical fighter but not a lot of pop in his strikes because he fights really upright and doesn't step into his punches enough.

Zaleski Dos Santos grew up training capoeira, so he is very flexible and moves really well. Very diverse striker, throws leg kicks, body kicks, jabs, crosses, uppercuts and hooks, he has the whole arsenal. He is going to have the speed advantage over Strickland. The thing that really impresses me is the pace he can maintain over 3 rounds and the pressure he puts on opponents, he never really slows down and has heart for days. He is also a fighter that fights for your money, he has already won 3 fight of the night bonuses too. He has never been knocked out either, ridiculous chin, so he doesn't mind trading.

I see Dos Santos putting a lot of pressure on Strickland and getting inside Strickland's jab. Since Strickland doesn't step into his jab, so he doesn't generate a lot of power, so I'm not worried about him really hurting Dos Santos and he has a habit of fighting upright and leaving his chin exposed, which Dos Santos will find. Also Dos Santos fought Max Griffin who also had a similar reach to Strickland at 76' inches and was able to land consistently, so he has dealt with the reach disadvantage before. Dos Santos lands 4.52 SLPM (Significant Strikes per minute) and Strickland at a lower rate of 4.08 SLPM. Court McGee who is a few notches below Dos Santos and not as a diverse striker was having success against Strickland in a close fight.

The fight is also in Rio De Janeiro Brazil, so Strickland will be fighting in a hostile environment against a Brazilian. Not an easy environment to fight in. The guy that beats Dos Santos is a fighter that employs a grappling heavy approach like Nicholas Dalby did which won't be the case in this fight.

I'm in for 1.5u @ -125 on Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos.

100% agree, hoping for the line to improve from the current -130 though. Should've jumped on +100, but hadn't gotten tape in yet and was being greedy.

100% agree, hoping for the line to improve from the current -130 though. Should've jumped on +100, but hadn't gotten tape in yet and was being greedy.

I think Dos Santos is a talented striker with some defensive takedown issues but Strickland isn't the guy to exploit it.

What really sold me on him was he is a fighter that fights for your money, he could be tired from pushing a pace but digs deep and gets an extra gear, a lot of heart and no quit in him. It's going to be really difficult for Strickland to win in Brazil.

I think there is going to be some line movement since the fight is two weeks away but I would be really surprised if Zaleski Dos Santos goes to +100 again. Hopefully the line moves in your favour, good luck!

Last edited:
I think Dos Santos is a talented striker with some defensive grappling issues but Strickland isn't the guy to exploit it.

What really sold me on him was he is a fighter that fights for your money, he could be tired from pushing a pace but digs deep and gets an extra gear, a lot of heart and no quit in him. It's going to be really difficult for Strickland to win in Brazil.

I think there is going to be some line movement since the fight is two weeks away but I would be really surprised if Zaleski Dos Santos goes to +100 again. Hopefully the line moves in your favour, good luck!

I backed him vs Lyman Good and Max Griffin and this was the selling point for me as well in two other close matchups. Dude's style plays well with judges and he goes for it. Bookies weren't giving him a lot of respect in those matchups, but seems they have wised up.

Eyein Machida, Emeev, Ramos, Roberson, Lneker, Alves and Hermansson. I like Gastelum as well. Already put some bets down on some. Anyone on the other side? Why? Dont need to know why you dont like Hermansson as thats been discussed.

Back