UFC 224 Lowest PPV Buys in Last 10 Years

5cwS88L.png

Very few actually give a shit about WMMA, especially Nunes.

Wasn't a good card.

Only two fights I had any interest in and one was with an old Vitor and an aging Lyoto.

Wow way less than i expected. Must suck for the UFC to have a Champ that is so dominant that probably nobody will beat her soon and she doesnt draw much despite being a fighter from a nation in which MMA is pretty big. This is UFC's fault, but maybe it was just a test if she can sell on her own, the card wasnt stacked at all, no big names, it was a fun card but no starpower, hopefully now they will stop having WMMA as ME, and i have no problem with it if there is a girl that can draw, but at the moment there seems to be no one that can draw a huge interest.

Buying shitty cards keeps the UFC in denyial, long terme it's no good. "True fans" boycott this shit

Poor "true" fans boycott, true fans know the casual skum bags who claim to be real fans won't even know there is a card that got no promo (for good reason) and they won't but it, and that alone sends the message needed. I support the fighters not the brand.

The card was filled with awesome fights, and great finishes, a true fan knows, most "weak" on paper cards turn out to be great!

Wouldn't shock me if #UFC224 did terrible numbers, but we've gotta stop acting like Terez Owens's dumpster fire of a website is a good source

I bought some weak ppvs the past two years but there was no way in hell I was gonna buy that one, the main events title contender isnt even fit for headlining a fight night and I am suppose to pay $75 all in for that? And it's really too bad because the casuals see the main event and aren't interested while the real main event in Jacare/Gastelum was a real top contender fight.

Wouldn't shock me if #UFC224 did terrible numbers, but we've gotta stop acting like Terez Owens's dumpster fire of a website is a good source

100% this
Him jumping on the "UFC is splitting rosters between ESPN/NBC" proves that.
It is impossible to have a # on Wednesday morning (after a Sat PPV)

85k ppv buys is higher than i though tbh, i'm surprised so many people bought it, the card was terrible.

Let's be honest if Amanda Nunes was a male, would she be remarkable? No knockouts, basically no striking/jj/wrestling you could put into a gif and impress anyone. There is literally nothing about the way she wins fights that is interesting. Holm atleast has one KO to her name that gives people hope. Nunes is really weak, just large for weightclass without being a killer like Cyborg and everyone knows it. It's like forrest griffin with worse cardio fighting tender opponents. I'd watch this as a co main, but not pay for this fight.

Who the fuck is terez owens. This is wasteland material

Bellator had a free card on the same night, for free, WMMA headlining, but not only WMMA but a fight with not much into it, all of this comes into play and a low buy rate will not surprise anyone, even the people in the arena left by the time of Nunes octagon interview, which she didnt even used to call out Cyborg iirc, so nothing to watch there either.

I can't believe 85k people paid to watch that.

Brand power i guess, Floyd vs Berto was a fight supposedly no one cared for, still sold like 400k ppvs, GGG cant still sell that on his own.

I have no trouble getting psyched for any card. Not trying to grandstand but I literally am excited about every upcoming card. Always have been.
Edit: I don't buy them (bar).

Trust me I used to be like you, but since I became a full time nursing student I became more selective to which cards I wanted to spend money on.

Now that i graduated and will be making money again, perhaps that will change

PPV system is retarted and only the USA uses it anymore.

The card itself didn't look great on paper but it was a great night of fights. Something you'll never know before hand. If they would launch a global platform for let's say $150/year you can watch all events including the numbered events live they would get a lot more people into watching.
In Finland we have a service provider to who we pay 20 euros a month and we see all the ufc events. Its pretty good.

I think I'm to stupid to understand this analogy.

They just schedule a PPV card without even knowing who they can get to fight on it instead of booking a fight that everyone wants to see and then deciding to make it PPV after they have the fight agreed to.

Back