UFC 224 Lowest PPV Buys in Last 10 Years

That's a lot of sexist, misogynist pigs out there who didn't buy this great card for the only reason that they are intimidated by strong, powerful women who would kick their asses.
Hate to break it to ya, but most casuals are meathead jocks that might pay to see two decent looking chicks go at it, but two non attractive lesbo's? , nah, i'll pass.

Some white knight beta male was super butthurt that I didn't believe that Requel Pennington was a worthy challenger. I guess I'm not the only one!

I'm not surprised, there were only 2 fights on the main card. The wmma and tiny men appeal to a minority of cucks. If they were confident of their product they should do wmma only card and a tiny man only card. Then we would see that those divisions add nothing to mma or the UFC and are only filler fights.

Perhaps the UFC will stop with crappy headliners.

I don't think the blame is solely a WMMA main event. The card as a whole wasn't a great sell. Granted few WMMA in the main event are going to generate huge numbers but that is all the more reason to really stack the fights under them. Those were decent matches at best going in but the fights ended up being better than what I expected. Even if you put the WWMA title fight as co-main we've seen that it could still end up in the main due to cancellations. I think they would have been okay with 100k not this.

According to this Terez Owens, reports are UFC 224 did about 85K PPV Buys. The lowest sold within the last 10 years. I knew it wasn't going to sell well, but 85k is shockingly low.

I don't understand why the UFC has thjs urgent need to headline WMMA and Flyweights all the time, the main stream viewers and even the hardcore fans just aren't that interested.

Shit, I thought it would do 60K since Nunes-Schev 02 only did 100K.....and Schev is a much bigger name than Pennington....then factor in the fact that their 1st fight was close and pretty good.

85k is a lot more than that shit headliner was worth.

There are a few decent wmma matches that could be made Andrande vs Valentina, Rose v Valentina, Nunez v Cybro , JJ v Tecia. But Pennington sucks and ....... putting 2 dogshit looking women that are boring no wonder
Any of those fights would bring 20-30k more buys at most. Cyborg might do slightly better.

I consider myself a hardcore fan but I wasn’t shelling out 60 bucks for this. 100% buying the next one one though

Even if you put the WWMA title fight as co-main we've seen that it could still end up in the main due to cancellations. .

This is retard logic though. It's like saying, lets put all of our money...betting on a plate of shit because betting it on a plate of cookies first may not work out, so we might as well eat shit to begin with? WTF?

IF this is true and champs are supposed to get a % of ppv buys, then ufc could be saving money.

PPV system is retarted and only the USA uses it anymore.

The card itself didn't look great on paper but it was a great night of fights. Something you'll never know before hand. If they would launch a global platform for let's say $150/year you can watch all events including the numbered events live they would get a lot more people into watching.
I'd invest in that. Right now they get about 10-20 bucks from me a year from pitching on PPVs.

According to this Terez Owens, reports are UFC 224 did about 85K PPV Buys. The lowest sold within the last 10 years. I knew it wasn't going to sell well, but 85k is shockingly low.

I don't understand why the UFC has thjs urgent need to headline WMMA and Flyweights all the time, the main stream viewers and even the hardcore fans just aren't that interested.

yea wmma fight sucks!

ronda cant sell ppvs. who are we kidding..

and "all the time" whens the last time mighty mouse was main event on a ppv.

u shouldnt twist logic/facts with false facts

I’m not surprised one bit, I could never justify buying that card , and I bought holly Holmes vs GDR for Christ sakes( although it was just because I had extra cash and said what the hell) I’m down for WMMA fights especially someone like Nunes but please get real and stack that god damn card for everyone’s sake.

Back