UFC 223 does 210k-360k PPV buys

People really acting like Khabib isn't a draw based off of this? It went from the best matchup in years vs Ferguson to then Max who's injured & then Raging Al, of course the ppv buys wouldn't be huge.

It means Khabib cannot carry a card.

Fighters like GSP, Conor, Jon Jones, Brock Leaner can pull good numbers when ever they fight.

Khabib is the perfect antagonist, he will sell really well as an opponent for Conor or GSP, that's where his numbers will do well.

Pretty alright considering all of the problems with the main event, and 3 or 4 fights being cancelled. If Tony had stayed on it probably would have been around 500k.

Conor did nothing for this PPV, except make it worse.
That is true for hardcore fans. However, he created so much publicity that some analysts expected the card to get around 1 million buys analyzing the trends. The original card would not get more buys.

sad thing is it would have done even less without the conor drama.

The Conor drama hurt it, at least in my town. The bdubs in my town was promoting the shit out of the card with posters everywhere. After the Conor incident the bdubs somehow thought the whole card was cancelled, took down the posters and didn't show it. Pretty much everyone else thought it was cancelled too.

Was weird telling the bdubs manager that the card is still on haha.

Actually for a card that got fucked up so much these are not bad numbers at all. And remember that Russians ain't gonna pay you shit for PPV, they will stream the hell out of every PPV.
It's on free TV in russia

Or do you mean the Russians in the us?

Pettis/Chisea, Felder/Iaquinta, Tony/Khabib, then Max/Khabib all pulled from the card. Not surprised at all it had garbage PPV numbers. No one wanted to see Khabib vs Al on last minute notice to be honest. Al was not at all prepared, and we all knew he would get smoked.

That is true for hardcore fans. However, he created so much publicity that some analysts expected the card to get around 1 million buys analyzing the trends. The original card would not get more buys.

Looks like the analysts were wrong.
Which is why I made my statement that apparently the PPV-buying audience does not care about this WWE-bullshit.

Didn’t expect much. With Tony the difference wouldn’t have been much either.

The card had Al IaQuinta in the main event...

Other than the Rose/Joanna fight (which I honestly believe contributed very little), there was absolutely ZERO name value on the entire card besides Khabib.

I, as a die-hard fan, was excited about the card and exhausted from all the shenanigans during the week, but I ultimately would not pay for a Khabib vs. Al IaQuinta main event, nor would I pay for a Conor vs. Al IaQuinta main event.

Pretty alright considering all of the problems with the main event, and 3 or 4 fights being cancelled. If Tony had stayed on it probably would have been around 500k.

In the last 2 years the only cards that have hit 500k and up have been

- McGregor/Diaz
- UFC 200 (Brock)
- McGregor/Diaz II
- McGregor/Alvarez
- Nunes/Rousey
- Jones/Cormier II
- GSP/Bisping

But you think Tony/Khabib would've hit it?

{<jordan}

It means Khabib cannot carry a card.

Fighters like GSP, Conor, Jon Jones, Brock Leaner can pull good numbers when ever they fight.

Khabib is the perfect antagonist, he will sell really well as an opponent for Conor or GSP, that's where his numbers will do well.
Your main point is correct but don't ever mention Jones on the same page as the rest

The most buys Jones has ever done is 800k (and that was only because of his hyped up rivalry against DC)

Jones has never broken 1 million

Jones has only ever hit above 700k just 2 or 3 times in his career

Jones is no where near a draw. Jones's average is 500k which doesn't even put Jones in the top 5 of PPV draws

Jones is the worst drawing LHW "champ" in UFC LHW history, let alone is he a big draw.

The card had Al IaQuinta in the main event...

Other than the Rose/Joanna fight (which I honestly believe contributed very little), there was absolutely ZERO name value on the entire card besides Khabib.

I, as a die-hard fan, was excited about the card and exhausted from all the shenanigans during the week, but I ultimately would not pay for a Khabib vs. Al IaQuinta main event, nor would I pay for a Conor vs. Al IaQuinta main event.
Lol at "beside" Khabib

Sorry but Khabib doesn't have name value either

The best thing Khabib could ever hope for in his career is to become Conor's opponent

and to become someone who Conor gets respect for beating

Thought it was going to do less than 200k. The card got gutted from the bottom to the top

Back