UFC 222: If a PPV falls in the forest and nobody is around, does it make a noise?

Rampage_Jackson

retired 3/6/21
@red
Reaction score
This PPV is 4 days away and even on an MMA forum nobody gives a fuck. What an awful job of putting a card together. I feel bad for the 100,000 people who are stuck in the monthly routine and buy every PPV no matter the quality. I can think of unlimited ways to spend your $65 and get more bang for your buck.

Cyborg fighting another

hqdefault.jpg

As the MAIN, is just beyond dumb.

Frankie vs Ortega is the real main.

Just not many noteworthy match-ups on this card.

I only care to see Edgar vs Ortega, I like both guys and its a good matchup. But nothing else on the card interests me. I'll be skipping this one. Its stealing money to ask for 65 large ones for this.

I think it might be a better ppv than the last australia card. That's not saying much but still. Happy i get to watch for free.

A few good scraps... They really had all their eggs in the basket with Holloway. There was a time when PPV headliners werent always title fights, but at least then the cards were more dense with recognizable names.

Not trying to be sexist but 2/5 female fights on a main card is just not markettable... Especially when one has Cat, who hasn't looked good forever. Second is a Cyborg squash match. I don't really understand what Cyborg is doing in the UFC

I think it might be a better ppv than the last australia card. That's not saying much but still. Happy i get to watch for free.
name wise its better but at least in perth i cared about the main and co main. this card really aside from the co main i could give 2 shits. hw fight is between 2 guys that are barely top 10 if that and the main event is cyborg vs some can from invicta. and what the hell is sean o malley doing on the main card?

Only care about the Frankie fight and will not buy this garbage.

Cyborg fighting another

hqdefault.jpg

As the MAIN, is just beyond dumb.

Frankie vs Ortega is the real main.

Just not many noteworthy match-ups on this card.
Frankie is the real main but even then that's not really a PPV headliner. Maybe a Fight Night headliner lol

Philosophically, yes.

There are many cards that have proved to be very good, but on paper seemed like a failing set of fights that shouldn't play out - to not only contain FOTY candidacies but also prove that just cause it doesn't look good, don't mean it can't be good. Or something like that.

As shitty as 222 is its actually a lot better than 221......... worst back to back ppvs in ufc history.

A) Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz

B) Sergey Kovalev vs Mikhalkin with Dmitry Bivol vs Sullivan Barrerra co-main.

C) Mamed Khalidov vs Tomas Narkun

D) Brook vs Rabchenko

E) Cyborg vs random

Cyborg is the 5th best combat sport main event this weekend.

I'm splitting it with six people. I can afford $10.

Back