UFC 222 - Edgar vs Ortega - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoder sucks big, Dern is improving from fight to fight not talking about her big ground game advantage

I'm gonna wait for Dern itd. She has obviously failed to finish soome girls but this is her showcase fight in the UFC. She's gonna get Yoder down. She's gonna get mount or Yoder's back. I'm not saying it will be a fix or anything but when the expectation is that the new hot shit is gonna walk through someone and the get a dominant position, it sure seems like the stoppage comes quicker.

Dern might just get her neck and tap her, but if not I don't think it will take much gnp before the ref jumps in.

Gonna be juiced obviously, but FDNGD is what I'll be looking at. Hector's judo most likely stops the early TD attempts from Dolloway, so most likely it's gonna be two guys throwing power punches and whichever one lands first probably wins. I don't trust either guy's chin at all these days.
Lombard rd 1
CB rd 2, 3
CB live if he gets out of the first

That’s prob how I’d play it. All small, though. Like you said, don’t trust either of them

When you have a main event where someone is a 1.06 favorite against a 11.75 underdog, you know there's some solid ass matchmaking going on...

Frankie by Decision AND Ortega NSC are the plays for the co main.

This card really sucks as a whole -- lucky to sell 250k PPVs imo

Guys what do You think of Cody Stamman ?
Carraway has alot of redflags:

comes from a 2 year layoff
injuries
Misha Tate breakup
<Dana05>

Stamman didnt look very good in his last fight and Caraway`s only two losses in his last 9 fights are from Assuncao and Mizugaki, which are levels above Cody. I still havent watched any tape, but at first glance Caraway as an underdog looks nice to me.

When you have a main event where someone is a 1.06 favorite against a 11.75 underdog, you know there's some solid ass matchmaking going on...

They are trying to make Cyborg a star obviously, good luck with that. She doesn't have looks, which, fair or not matters in WMMA. She doesn't have anyone remotely close to her level at her weight class (can be overcome if the other "wow factors" are there). And in her last headliner, she didn't score a brilliant KO or do anything special. She won a lopsided dec against a good but undersized opponent.

Max getting hurt shoved a fight into the ME that shouldn't be one. I can't watch the event live because I have plans, so I'm not as disappointed as I'd normally be.

I listened to Caraway interview on Submission Radio. No talk about injuries. Wants to fight 4 times this year, trains at Xtreme Couture and runs his own camp.

Stamman didnt look very good in his last fight and Caraway`s only two losses in his last 9 fights are from Assuncao and Mizugaki, which are levels above Cody. I still havent watched any tape, but at first glance Caraway as an underdog looks nice to me.
He fought a prospect and on the other side I woudlnt rate Mizugaki higher than Cody.

They are trying to make Cyborg a star obviously, good luck with that. She doesn't have looks, which, fair or not matters in WMMA. She doesn't have anyone remotely close to her level at her weight class (can be overcome if the other "wow factors" are there). And in her last headliner, she didn't score a brilliant KO or do anything special. She won a lopsided dec against a good but undersized opponent.

Max getting hurt shoved a fight into the ME that shouldn't be one. I can't watch the event live because I have plans, so I'm not as disappointed as I'd normally be.

Yes, I understand why they're giving Cyborg all these fights, it just doesn't appeal to me at all. And it would have been underwhelming as a co-main too.

He fought a prospect and on the other side I woudlnt rate Mizugaki higher than Cody.

He fought an overrated prospect who pretty much stopped throwing any offense because he gassed and was wary of Stammans takedowns. Don't really see neither of those things being an issue for Carraway.

Yes, I understand why they're giving Cyborg all these fights, it just doesn't appeal to me at all. And it would have been underwhelming as a co-main too.

For sure. But in putting an event together, you can live with a lame co-main a lot more than a lame ME right? Fans would have sat through her fight knowing they still had Frankie/Max to go. Now, after T City/Max, it's just a huge letdown.

For whatever reason I think the UFC feels like their PPVs have to have at least one title fight so Cyborg at women's featherweight is another option when a lot of the other weight classes are already booked or unavailable.

Hey guys what would happen to my Jeremy Stephens by KO bets on bet365 if Josh Emmet got the decision overturned?

For whatever reason I think the UFC feels like their PPVs have to have at least one title fight so Cyborg at women's featherweight is another option when a lot of the other weight classes are already booked or unavailable.

I think you're right, and they were trying to sort of "hide" this one as a co-main with a strong ME. Then Max gets hurt, that title isn't on the line anymore, and they basically got stuck wit Cyborg as the ME. This ppv is gonna have low buy #'s I'd imagine.

Hey guys what would happen to my Jeremy Stephens by KO bets on bet365 if Josh Emmet got the decision overturned?

Every site I know goes with whatever is announced in the cage right after the fight. Your $ should be safe.

Has Soukhamthath's submission defense been tested outside UFC? O'Malley was aggressive with his jujitsu against Ware and I could easily see him ending up hunting for submissions if Soukhamthath gets a knockdown and dives into O’Malley’s guard.

Last edited:
Frankie by Decision AND Ortega NSC are the plays for the co main.

This card really sucks as a whole -- lucky to sell 250k PPVs imo
This won't break 100K regardless of what Dana claims it did...
Without Frankie/Ortega it doesn't break 65

First big play of UFC 222: ~$1,000.00 on Andre Soukhamthath at -118 vs Sean O'Malley. I already have $100.00 on him at +140 from shortly after the 5D line started getting bet down from the +180 opener. I am annoyed they had such small limits early on, and that I didn't keep betting more at + money when I could. But Pinnacle- and Nitrogen which follows their lines- has this at a significantly better price now than everywhere else. So I'm in for 11u even as a small favorite. I think The Asian Sensation should be -150 to -200 here so I feel comfortable going out on a limb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back